ADVERTISEMENT

Let me get this straight regarding the fired dance coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy gives me the creeps. And the fact that Larry Wilder is involved in the case makes it double creepy.

Why would you be sitting in the lobby of a prominent downtown hotel with a loaded pistol on you with the safety off?

Rights are rights, but the odds of him being in the same hotel with a loaded gun at the same the man that recently fired him is in the same hotel for a very publicized event Is scary as hell.

UL officials should be very concerned in my opinion. I hope Sharp seeks help for his sake and everyone else’s.
High profile people involved, and yet the police aren't that concerned apparently.

I suggest someone start up a march on City Hall...

You don’t know WTH you’re talking about, your Honor.

Send U of L a request for a secretary’s personnel file on the basis of your taxpayer status. Let me know their answer...

It’s paraphrased from a Law Center report. I’ll take their word over yours.

That's basically one sport over two decades. I don't recall any strong opinions raised during the 2013 title run BTW.

And you had 15 or so other coaches.

AKA smear job...

Safe to say those things listed spanned more than “basically one sport”. This thread is not going well for you Zipp.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Safe to say those things listed spanned more than “basically one sport”. This thread is not going well for you Zipp.
I'll spell it out for you and CC... Basketball. And Jurich was here two decades.

"Vince" has had more fur flying in 10% of that time.
It’s paraphrased from a Law Center report. I’ll take their word over yours.
Good googling. Like I said, you can settle the debate...

Make a similar request and see if U of L responds. If you need substance, try asking for the file for "Vince". Tell the State that you're suspicious more of his daughter's real estate commissions are being paid by taxpayers. (Funny, but I don't recall an investigation being conducted after that face plant...)

OR just reference some KY case law showing State employee files being turned over via open records requests.

I'll accept either as evidence that you have a clue what you're talking about...

“I'll spell it out for you and CC... Basketball. And Jurich was here two decades”

You’ve stop remembering a lot of things. Maybe it’s a coping mechanism. There were references to basketball, football, field hockey, athletic and university administration.

...You’ve stop remembering a lot of things. Maybe it’s a coping mechanism. There were references to basketball, football, field hockey, athletic and university administration.
Hot coaches pursue other football jobs. That’s no indictment of anyone. “Vince” escalated the Lacrosse situation.

Jurich had one drama queen coach who irritated the hell outta the irritable faction of our fanbase. That’s an eye-of-the-beholder situation. It entertained me...

I think Sypher was prior to 2013. Just bring us a championship...

So you are dropping Katina since that timeline didn't work out at least.

People cried about Sypher there were long threads about that not sure why you're pretending there weren't whiners about that situation. There were.

“I'll spell it out for you and CC... Basketball. And Jurich was here two decades”

You’ve stop remembering a lot of things. Maybe it’s a coping mechanism. There were references to basketball, football, field hockey, athletic and university administration.

thank you!

The men’s soccer team made the NCAA Sweet 16. Does that mean Ken Lolla was just filling shoes?

I don’t recall much drama in athletics generally prior to the last couple years. Now it’s everywhere...
Hmmmmm
-John L.Smith dumps us during a bowl game
-Kragthorpe destroys the football program
-Bobby v1.0 flirts with multiple potential employers
before leaving for the Falcons after signing a 10 year extension
-Pitino has 15 seconds with a bimbo in a
restaurant.
- Charlie flirts with Tennessee before dumping us
for an ill-fated run with Texas.
- strippergate
-FBI/Adidas gate
- Bobby rehired when there are plenty of other candidates

Nope. No drama.

So you are dropping Katina since that timeline didn't work out at least.

People cried about Sypher there were long threads about that not sure why you're pretending there weren't whiners about that situation. There were.
Oh there’s always a voice in the wilderness. If that was you, congrats. Pitino was extorted, and the vast majority chose to view him in that light. But we have clairvoyant fans among us who evidently see things and remain quiet, only to pounce when they see themselves as vindicated. I wish I was that smart.

Pitino is the one drama queen we’ve had, and I personally enjoyed 99% of it. The other garbage about aspiring football coaches comes with the territory. Should Jurich have sought out marginal coaches willing to coach in CUSA and a Big East in decline? Of course, no chance K-rag had a wandering eye. And where were the naysayers when he was hired? As usual, nowhere.

Like I said, I wish I could market a fraction of the genius in hindsight we’re blessed with here. I’d be rich...

Last edited:
And we are blessed on this site to have our one drama queen. :rolleyes: That keeps on giving so generously to us geniuses. OGG!

Reactions: gocds
And we are blessed on this site to have our one drama queen. :rolleyes: That keeps on giving so generously to us geniuses. OGG!
If you prefer, I could always rehash our newfound problems with real estate commissions... :p

Last edited:
Oh there’s always a voice in the wilderness. If that was you, congrats. Pitino was extorted, and the vast majority chose to view him in that light. But we have clairvoyant fans among us who evidently see things and remain quiet, only to pounce when they see themselves as vindicated. I wish I was that smart.

No, not me. The extortion situation was abnormal and dramatic though, now that you mention it. One of the many examples of "drama" prior to "Vince"....

All I'm saying is all the dramatic things that have happened over the years within the athletic programs have been discussed during those timeframes and obviously beyond.

Nobody is pouncing, no clue why you would see it that way. People are just discussing things already discussed that are a part of the history of the athletic programs, for better or worse. Some threads are rah rah remember the good times, but most threads around here are negative, and that seems to be what you're comfortable with, so not sure why other people's negativity bothers you.

Reactions: Mayoman and gocds
...All I'm saying is all the dramatic things that have happened over the years within the athletic programs have been discussed during those timeframes and obviously beyond.

Nobody is pouncing, no clue why you would see it that way. People are just discussing things already discussed that are a part of the history of the athletic programs, for better or worse. Some threads are rah rah remember the good times, but most threads around here are negative, and that seems to be what you're comfortable with, so not sure why other people's negativity bothers you.
In 20+ years, there are gonna be some events occur, good and bad. Happens with any job/organization. When a guy starts singling out Charlie Strong’s flirtation with Tennessee as some sort of indictment of Jurich, he’s reaching. Not to mention, it’s as I call “genius in hindsight.”

Speaking of genius, I’ve noticed two varieties prevalent here... There’s the “idiot before, genius now” version as well as the “genius throughout, didn’t share my genius” hybrid. Might help when you wanna come at me if you start with something like “I’m Type 1, blah blah blah” to speed things along... :D

Speaking of genius, I’ve noticed two varieties prevalent here... There’s the “idiot before, genius now” version as well as the “genius throughout, didn’t share my genius” hybrid.. :D

Yeah it's not about anything like that. It's about memory, recall of topics discussed over the years around here and the timelines nothing more, nothing less. There don't have to be winners and losers, right or wrong, etc.

For example, if a poster says, "I don't remember anybody complaining about Katina during the title run" then I'd politely point out to that poster, "Unless people attended Katina's parties on campus nobody knew about Katina until 2015 and since the title run happened in 2013 you'd have to be hanging out with Christopher Lloyd and have the ability to go back in time to be able to talk about Katina during the 2013 title run."

Reactions: SoulSr
In 20+ years, there are gonna be some events occur, good and bad. Happens with any job/organization. When a guy starts singling out Charlie Strong’s flirtation with Tennessee as some sort of indictment of Jurich, .. :D

I do agree in 20 + years LOTS can and will happen. See we don't disagree on these things man.

Now, I'm not sure the poster that had the mention of Charlie Strong flirting with TN was actually any kind of indictment on TJ., it was probably just a mention of a perceived dramatic situation, right or wrong who knows. I'd probably side with you on this one too actually!

Because really, indicting, criticizing, attacking... whatever it is.. of AD's that try/tried to do the best job they could/can do... seems like a shitty thing to be spending one's time doing. And a waste of one's time. Yep.

...For example, if a poster says, "I don't remember anybody complaining about Katina during the title run" then I'd politely point out to that poster, "Unless people attended Katina's parties on campus nobody knew about Katina until 2015 and since the title run happened in 2013 you'd have to be hanging out with Christopher Lloyd and have the ability to go back in time to be able to talk about Katina during the 2013 title run."
I don’t know that reference. I said Karen Sypher. Find the guy talking about strippers.
I do agree in 20 + years LOTS can and will happen. See we don't disagree on these things man.

Now, I'm not sure the poster that had the mention of Charlie Strong flirting with TN was actually any kind of indictment on TJ., it was probably just a mention of a perceived dramatic situation, right or wrong who knows. I'd probably side with you on this one too actually!

Because really, indicting, criticizing, attacking... whatever it is.. of AD's that try/tried to do the best job they could/can do... seems like a shitty thing to be spending one's time doing. And a waste of one's time. Yep.
And I tend to focus on what someone has done, not what he’s TRYING to do. Trying really doesn’t matter...

Last edited:
For you folks that continue this so called “debate” with zipp YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME. It ain’t about this coach or that coach, it’s about the so called clown show and AD Vince Tyra. Save your finger strength for horrible drivers on our expressway system and uahkay fans. I know I sure am.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

For you folks that continue this so called “debate” with zipp YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME. It ain’t about this coach or that coach, it’s about the so called clown show and AD Vince Tyra. Save your finger strength for horrible drivers on our expressway system and uahkay fans. I know I sure am!...
If anyone has EVIDENCE in opposition to my POV, I’m always interested in point-counterpoint. Hardly anyone wants to try, so it’s “save your finger strength.” That’s a ready made excuse for failure...

If anyone has EVIDENCE in opposition to my POV, I’m always interested in point-counterpoint. Hardly anyone wants to try, so it’s “save your finger strength.” That’s a ready made excuse for failure...

You are consistently shown evidence refuting multiple arguments you make, but you are too proud to admit when you are wrong. In this thread you were wrong about Sharp not stealing money, you claim there is a UofL “clown show” conspiracy. In another thread there was an article regarding the financial state of the athletic programs being in good shape, again you claim a “clown show” conspiracy. My God man you have went to the extent of blaiming Tyra for Bobby’s buyout. Stop letting your hate for the current admin cloud your judgment. Tom’s gone man, and he’s never coming back.

And here’s “my finger” for you. Hope you have a good and safe trip to Mississippi for the baseball games. I’ll be watching on TV/computer.

Reactions: zipp
And your virtuous AD doesn’t have any misgivings still cashing those adidas checks. Maybe ‘cuz he can’t bring in much cash on his own...
It is part of the Jurich drama that you say never existed. The deal was great, but came with problems. As regards the checks, we still have a contract, so why not enforce it? Oh, wait....I forgot, contracts don’t exist. Never mind.

I'll spell it out for you and CC... Basketball. And Jurich was here two decades.

"Vince" has had more fur flying in 10% of that time.

Good googling. Like I said, you can settle the debate...

Make a similar request and see if U of L responds. If you need substance, try asking for the file for "Vince". Tell the State that you're suspicious more of his daughter's real estate commissions are being paid by taxpayers. (Funny, but I don't recall an investigation being conducted after that face plant...)

OR just reference some KY case law showing State employee files being turned over via open records requests.

I'll accept either as evidence that you have a clue what you're talking about...

Dude your constant hard on for Vince is comical. Get off your effing high horse and just be a fan. If you think he is the devil and needs to be replaced go out and publicly campaign for the job to UofL. You are a complete joke with your nonstop chirping about him (well combined with your love of how Petrino's and Jurich's jocks smell).

You are consistently shown evidence refuting multiple arguments you make, but you are too proud to admit when you are wrong. In this thread you were wrong about Sharp not stealing money, you claim there is a UofL “clown show” conspiracy. In another thread there was an article regarding the financial state of the athletic programs being in good shape, again you claim a “clown show” conspiracy. My God man you have went to the extent of blaiming Tyra for Bobby’s buyout. Stop letting your hate for the current admin cloud your judgment. Tom’s gone man, and he’s never coming back.
I get opinions—many completely unfounded because I have EVIDENCE otherwise.

And evidence is different from opinion. I know that difference while everyone doesn’t. Pick your topic and come at me with evidence; for some of you, it will be your first time...

It is part of the Jurich drama that you say never existed. The deal was great, but came with problems. As regards the checks, we still have a contract, so why not enforce it? Oh, wait....I forgot, contracts don’t exist. Never mind.
Has nothing to do with contracts. It’s trying to be half pregnant, typical of the new regime apologists. If you wanna cash checks, don’t complain about the process that got you here...

Dude your constant hard on for Vince is comical. Get off your effing high horse and just be a fan. If you think he is the devil and needs to be replaced go out and publicly campaign for the job to UofL. You are a complete joke with your nonstop chirping about him (well combined with your love of how Petrino's and Jurich's jocks smell).
I love “Vince.” He provides me plenty of opportunity to deep dive U of L finances and decisions that I never did before when everyone was happy and we made gobs of money.

Now everything’s been eff-ed up and money’s evaporating. And I’m taking a keen interest in how this business wunderkind of an AD navigates this mess that’s been created.

But he ain’t the devil. I don’t think he’s smart enough...

I get opinions—many completely unfounded because I have EVIDENCE otherwise.

And evidence is different from opinion. I know that difference while everyone doesn’t. Pick your topic and come at me with evidence; for some of you, it will be your first time...

Cocksure

Has nothing to do with contracts. It’s trying to be half pregnant, typical of the new regime apologists. If you wanna cash checks, don’t complain about the process that got you here...
Why wouldn’t you cash checks? Did the contract (There’s that word again) call for payoffs to potential recruits or their parents? If not, then one has every right to complain about behavior outside the deal but continue to cash checks according to the deal.

And the BS continues. Why respond to zipp’s drivel? I guess I just don’t get it.

Reactions: Mayoman and PHCARD
Why wouldn’t you cash checks? Did the contract (There’s that word again) call for payoffs to potential recruits or their parents? If not, then one has every right to complain about behavior outside the deal but continue to cash checks according to the deal.
You’re in the weeds. It’s adidas and cash, or no adidas and no cash. Like “Vince”, I choose cash...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT