ADVERTISEMENT

Let me get this straight regarding the fired dance coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the Louisville police being irresponsible for not pressing firearm/stalking charges...

First off, Todd Sharp was in a public place when his firearm discharged, so how on Earth could they nail him on stalking? As far as a “firearm charge”, well that doesn’t make much sense, we are all protected by the constitution (see Bill of Rights - second amendment) to bear arms.

I’m not qualified to offer psychoanalysis, but I can recognize obsession.
What personnel files were made public? If they were, I would expect that UofL would have been sued multiple times already by those whose records were improperly made public. Has this happened?
There’s a difference between law and policy. U of L didn’t need to release the results of an employment investigation in order to terminate Sharp. They just had to do it, except that wasn’t sufficient for clowns. They needed people to say “that’s why they did it.” And clowns think they got that job done.

Oh yeah, over an UNprosecuted crime.
I certainly hope Jurich was NOT OK with theft. If he was, that’s a black mark on his tenure, if he was not, he should have had tighter control.
It’s not theft if I tell you “you can have that”...

Last edited:
In my world if someone steals 40k from me, I file a police report and go after my stolen cash. I don’t believe Sharp’s stories aka excuses about any of it.

I’m just fricking tired of all the drama that continues to go on with our new mgmt. The drama folks are suppose to be gone? As The UofL World Turns!
If this happened in the day to day world of business there would not be any drama. We live in a city with a dying newspaper that thrives on stories like this to stay alive. If Tim Sullivan, 30 years ago, ever thought he would be investigating and reporting on the dismissal of a dance team coach he probably would have become what he should have become...an actuary.

Or, because he stole $40,000 from his dance team...
I said it the way I intended to say it. They want to get rid of Jurich holdovers like Sharp, and they figure out ways to do it. Or so they think.
...This is a valid point, i have no idea why UofL decided not to press charges, you may be right that UofL may not have concrete (aka “rock hard”) evidence against Todd Sharp, after all he wanted donations to the team to be made in cash so there would be no money trail...
You're quoting from U of L's letter which BTW was NOT endorsed by the Louisville police--much less prosecuted--even though they were part of the investigation. Show me where Sharp acknowledged that he wanted payments in cash and the reason. That's known as the other side of the story.
...I would be highly surprised Tom Jurich would give the nod to a system that allowed Sharp to direct payments for donations, and competition/costume fees to be made in cash. Either way we’re all going to find out in one of two ways, 1) through a trial, or 2) no trial. If there is a settlement id say the school would be admitting guilt. If there is no trial and no settlement, Sharp’s guilty, because no one would let these accusations fly without a fight.
You're way ahead of the game... U of L and the police haven't pressed charges, and there's no indication that will happen. Sharp was dismissed for cause, and nothing comes with that in the way of settlement/severance/payoff. My understanding is that Sharp had no contract or significant income anyway.

IF anything happens, it will likely come from Sharp as a suit for damages. His lawyer's another clown--a common lawyer persona--and he may not be interested in anything more than his usual publicity schtick. I hope Sharp pursues it nonetheless.
First off, Todd Sharp was in a public place when his firearm discharged, so how on Earth could they nail him on stalking?...
Stalking has nothing to do with public or private property...

I said it the way I intended to say it. They want to get rid of Jurich holdovers like Sharp, and they figure out ways to do it. Or so they think.

You're quoting from U of L's letter which BTW was NOT endorsed by the Louisville police--much less prosecuted--even though they were part of the investigation. Show me where Sharp acknowledged that he wanted payments in cash and the reason. That's known as the other side of the story.

You're way ahead of the game... U of L and the police haven't pressed charges, and there's no indication that will happen. Sharp was dismissed for cause, and nothing comes with that in the way of settlement/severance/payoff. My understanding is that Sharp had no contract or significant income anyway.

IF anything happens, it will likely come from Sharp as a suit for damages. His lawyer's another clown--a common lawyer persona--and he may not be interested in anything more than his usual publicity schtick. I hope Sharp pursues it nonetheless.

There is NO doubt that Mr. Sharp had a troubled past prior to his affiliation with UofL. If you are given a so called budget and told to spend it however is needed and then you misappropriate those funds it is called stealing in anyone’s mind. Perhaps he’ll have a reason for the misapplication but it’s still called a misappropriation of university funds. And according to news reports there is a “considerable” amount of money involved. The why’s of UofL’s position on this haven’t been made clear and may never be shown the light of day. And that could be to protect both the University and Mr. Sharp. The fact that he was a so called “left over” from the prior regime doesn’t hold any water here. The fact that he showed up at a major downtown hotel while a major UofL athletic event was going on with a LOADED GUN IN HIS POCKET is of major concern. The fact that he shot himself in the lobby of that hotel is a very real problem for Mr. Sharp and I hope to God that it doesn’t become a problem on campus at UofL. They have taken the proper steps to avoid any issues with Mr. Sharp with their call for being notified of his presence on our campus. I sure as hell don’t want him out there and especially if I, or any loved one of mine, was on campus. I sincerely hope he gets the help and assistance that he apparently needs. But to continue to defend him and his actions are truly over the top.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

You're quoting from U of L's letter which BTW was NOT endorsed by the Louisville police. Show me where Sharp acknowledged that he wanted payments in cash and the reason. That's known as the other side of the story.

I’m absolutely quoting from the letter that was absolutely endorsed by the university and it’s police department, it was a joint investigation. Just because you have an axe to grind with the university does not make their current position less valid. Most importantly “the other side” has not denied missing money nor payments that were demanded in cash.

My understanding is that Sharp had no contract or significant income anyway.

This admission by you raised another red flag. The guy lives in a very affluent neighborhood in Floyds Knobs. Where’s the money coming from to justify that? Planet Dance is the company he owned, dance studios are not significant money makers, I know this from experience.

Sure it does, my point was that it would be nearly impossible for LMPD to charge Sharp with stalking, beings that he shot himself on the street getting out of an Uber. I really don’t see how one could even make that jump.

Last edited:
Reactions: CommodoreCard
I’m absolutely quoting from the letter that was absolutely endorsed by the university and it’s police department, it was a joint investigation. Just because you have an axe to grind with the university does not make their current position less valid. Most importantly “the other side” has not denied missing money nor payments that were demanded in cash...
U of L clowns speaking FOR the police is not the police finding the same conclusions. The letter says simply that the police were in on the investigation. And that's the UNIVERSITY police BTW. Odd how no one outside U of L ever finds anything.

Per his attorney, Sharp has never been presented with any U of L evidence to deny.
...This admission by you raised another red flag. The guy lives in a very affluent neighborhood in Floyds Knobs. Where’s the money coming from to justify that? Planet Dance is the company he owned, dance studios are not significant money makers, I know this from experience...
LOL... Are you now an expert on Sharp's financial underpinnings? Keep going...
...my point was that it would be nearly impossible for LMPD to charge Sharp with stalking, beings that he shot himself on the street getting out of an Uber. I really don’t see how one could even make that jump.
U of L thinks that "Vince" is at serious risk. But no stalking and no protective order evidently. Again, U of L is the only entity that smells a rat...

There is NO doubt that Mr. Sharp had a troubled past prior to his affiliation with UofL. If you are given a so called budget and told to spend it however is needed and then you misappropriate those funds it is called stealing in anyone’s mind. Perhaps he’ll have a reason for the misapplication but it’s still called a misappropriation of university funds. And according to news reports there is a “considerable” amount of money involved. The why’s of UofL’s position on this haven’t been made clear and may never be shown the light of day. And that could be to protect both the University and Mr. Sharp. The fact that he was a so called “left over” from the prior regime doesn’t hold any water here. The fact that he showed up at a major downtown hotel while a major UofL athletic event was going on with a LOADED GUN IN HIS POCKET is of major concern. The fact that he shot himself in the lobby of that hotel is a very real problem for Mr. Sharp and I hope to God that it doesn’t become a problem on campus at UofL. They have taken the proper steps to avoid any issues with Mr. Sharp with their call for being notified of his presence on our campus. I sure as hell don’t want him out there and especially if I, or any loved one of mine, was on campus. I sincerely hope he gets the help and assistance that he apparently needs. But to continue to defend him and his actions are truly over the top...
What I regard as "over the top" are the conspiracy theories here in the face of facts otherwise...
  • Accidentally fires a gun: no charges filed.
  • Does so near fearful U of L clowns: no protective order, no stalking.
  • Steals $40,000: no theft and no charges filed.
I guess we're gonna need a dead body to satisfy some people...

What I regard as "over the top" are the conspiracy theories here in the face of facts otherwise...
  • Accidentally fires a gun: no charges filed.
  • Does so near fearful U of L clowns: no protective order, no stalking.
  • Steals $40,000: no theft and no charges filed.
I guess we're gonna need a dead body to satisfy some people...

Just keep your head buried in the sand.

It is not uncommon for a business to not press charges against an employee who has stolen from that business. I worked for a Fortune 500 company where an employee was caught on security cameras stealing thousands of dollars of property and loading it into his car over several months. He was dismissed with no charges filed or repayment. The company just wanted him gone.

The Ladybirds and Cheer teams still won their umpteenth National Titles again this year. They obviously don’t need Sharp at the head of the program. He made it more about him than them. No more drama.

I can’t speak to cheer but Sheryl Knight is responsible for the success of the dance team, my wife is a former ladybird and has said Sharp is not the coach, and was not involved in the choreography, which is the end all be all of a successful dance routine.

Now she has said that Sharp is a likeable guy, but she and her friends she’s still in contact with were not surprised by the university findings. Ive met the guy a handful of times, and outside of our first meeting, which was the oddest first impression I’ve ever had due to a comment he made to me, he doesn’t seem like a bad guy, but I’m not surprised with what he did.

Now for the rebuttal. :D

Well, as you probably already know, this isn’t about Mr. Sharp. It’s all about the so called “clown” show and AD Vince Tyra. It could be moe or curly and the response from zipp would be the same.

Reactions: PHCARD
It is not uncommon for a business to not press charges against an employee who has stolen from that business. I worked for a Fortune 500 company where an employee was caught on security cameras stealing thousands of dollars of property and loading it into his car over several months. He was dismissed with no charges filed or repayment. The company just wanted him gone.
Is it uncommon for a business to talk publicly why an employee was fired? I used to work many years for a large company and interacted with HR a lot. Never heard of that situation...

I can’t speak to cheer but Sheryl Knight is responsible for the success of the dance team, my wife is a former ladybird and has said Sharp is not the coach, and was not involved in the choreography, which is the end all be all of a successful dance routine.

Now she has said that Sharp is a likeable guy, but she and her friends she’s still in contact with were not surprised by the university findings. Ive met the guy a handful of times, and outside of our first meeting, which was the oddest first impression I’ve ever had due to a comment he made to me, he doesn’t seem like a bad guy, but I’m not surprised with what he did.

Ive met the guy twice. You’re right, odd first impression but funny.

The Ladybirds and Cheer teams still won their umpteenth National Titles again this year. They obviously don’t need Sharp at the head of the program. He made it more about him than them. No more drama.
The men’s soccer team made the NCAA Sweet 16. Does that mean Ken Lolla was just filling shoes?

I don’t recall much drama in athletics generally prior to the last couple years. Now it’s everywhere...

Is it uncommon for a business to talk publicly why an employee was fired? I used to work many years for a large company and interacted with HR a lot. Never heard of that situation...

Perhaps “your” company didn’t know any better. It’s my understanding that folks that have responsibility for a so called budget are bonded. I’m quite sure that UofL would have a blanket bond to cover such personnel on campus. And if that were the case then the insurance company could have paid UofL the amount stolen and then it would be up to them to pursue legal charges. Maybe they decided to “slow play” this whole process. Of course I’m just surmising here but maybe some of the insurance types here could address this possible scenario.

Now for the rebuttal. :D
Well, as you probably already know, this isn’t about Mr. Sharp. It’s all about the so called “clown” show and AD Vince Tyra. It could be moe or curly and the response from zipp would be the same...
Did I mistakenly turn down a one way street?

It’s not my fault “Vince” is at the center of way too much U of L news nowadays. He makes it about him. Just listen to the guy talk for more than 30 seconds. (Sorry to hear about your parking situation BTW...)

Perhaps “your” company didn’t know any better. It’s my understanding that folks that have responsibility for a so called budget are bonded. I’m quite sure that UofL would have a blanket bond to cover such personnel on campus. And if that were the case then the insurance company could have paid UofL the amount stolen and then it would be up to them to pursue legal charges. Maybe they decided to “slow play” this whole process. Of course I’m just surmising here but maybe some of the insurance types here could address this possible scenario...
As I think you know, I worked for a $5 billion company armed with lawyers. You don’t “talk” primarily for liability reasons. It serves no purpose and is ill advised.

In U of L’s instance, they need to publicly justify their actions. It’s credibility over liability...

The men’s soccer team made the NCAA Sweet 16. Does that mean Ken Lolla was just filling shoes?

I don’t recall much drama in athletics generally prior to the last couple years. Now it’s everywhere...

Pitino was the King of Drama. Throw in Petrino, Ramsey, Sharp, Young, and Jurich himself it was like spinning “Wheel of Drama” daily.

Tyra is still cleaning up from all that mess.

Sultan__of__Swine said:

[/quote]
I was addressing the comments about why charges have not been filed. Your response misaligned with this specific item of discussion.

...I was addressing the comments about why charges have not been filed. Your response misaligned with this specific item of discussion.
You were trying to explain U of L’s action(s) as “common”, and I was offering you an example in the same situation where it wasn’t. Your response indicates you misunderstood my point...

Pitino was the King of Drama. Throw in Petrino, Ramsey, Sharp, Young, and Jurich himself it was like spinning “Wheel of Drama” daily.

Tyra is still cleaning up from all that mess.
LOL!... Where was that “mess” narrative a few years ago? Nowhere.

99% of the mess we have was created by clowns. And we can roll in financials if that’s what anyone wants...

Sultan__of__Swine said:

...I was addressing the comments about why charges have not been filed. Your response misaligned with this specific item of discussion.

You were trying to explain U of L’s action(s) as “common”, and I was offering you an example in the same situation where it wasn’t. Your response indicates you misunderstood my point...
[/quote]
Nope. Wrong again. I stated it’s common for a “business”. Never mentioned a “university”. Totally different entities. Try again.

...Nope. Wrong again. I stated it’s common for a “business”. Never mentioned a “university”. Totally different entities. Try again.
First, you need to learn how to quote a post so I don't have to keep correcting your formatting errors.

Second, I interpreted your "business" reference generically. If that's not the way you intended it, then your original comparison was flawed since it doesn't apply to a "university." It wouldn't be relevant whether your business "presses charges" or not. You shouldn't have mentioned it, or you should have found a more appropriate comparison...

Last edited:
Sultan__of__Swine said:

...Nope. Wrong again. I stated it’s common for a “business”. Never mentioned a “university”. Totally different entities. Try again.

First, you need to learn how to quote a post so I don't have to keep correcting your formatting errors.

Second, I interpreted your "business" reference generically. If that's not the way you intended it, then your original comparison was flawed since it doesn't apply to a "university." It wouldn't be relevant whether your business "presses charges" or not. You shouldn't have mentioned it, or you should have found a more appropriate comparison...
[/quote]
Your interpretation skills are lacking.

As I think you know, I worked for a $5 billion company armed with lawyers. You don’t “talk” primarily for liability reasons. It serves no purpose and is ill advised.

In U of L’s instance, they need to publicly justify their actions. It’s credibility over liability...

The termination letter was obtained by local news organizations via open records request.

You need to read and understand KRS 61.878...

The more that a record involves the expenditure of taxpayer money or the honesty of government services, the less likely that a judge will order it withheld on the grounds of personal privacy.

The more that a record involves the expenditure of taxpayer money or the honesty of government services, the less likely that a judge will order it withheld on the grounds of personal privacy.
You don’t know WTH you’re talking about, your Honor.

Send U of L a request for a secretary’s personnel file on the basis of your taxpayer status. Let me know their answer...

Porccini’s, Cleveland Clinic, Katina Powell, Andre McGee, Karen Sypher, Adidas, Auburn flirtation, hiring all the family, playing players hurt, intimidating players, using the endowment as your personal piggy bank, etc, etc, etc.....That is a lot to be just 1%. :D

Reactions: leon_lou
The guy gives me the creeps. And the fact that Larry Wilder is involved in the case makes it double creepy.

Why would you be sitting in the lobby of a prominent downtown hotel with a loaded pistol on you with the safety off?

Rights are rights, but the odds of him being in the same hotel with a loaded gun at the same the man that recently fired him is in the same hotel for a very publicized event Is scary as hell.

UL officials should be very concerned in my opinion. I hope Sharp seeks help for his sake and everyone else’s.

Porccini’s, Cleveland Clinic, Katina Powell, Andre McGee, Karen Sypher, Adidas, Auburn flirtation, hiring all the family, playing players hurt, intimidating players, using the endowment as your personal piggy bank, etc, etc, etc.....That is a lot to be just 1%. :D
That's basically one sport over two decades. I don't recall any strong opinions raised during the 2013 title run BTW.

And you had 15 or so other coaches.

AKA smear job...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT