ADVERTISEMENT

Let me get this straight regarding the fired dance coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
He got removed due to alleged misappropriations of funds, seemingly became disgruntled, then showed up at the downtown Marriott where the preseason baseball banquet was taking place and accidentally shot himself in the leg? Tyra issues a statement that the guy is banned from all UofL activities, and if spotted on campus or at an event, UofL employees should call 911. My goodness!

I want to know why his name was redacted from the police report. That is BS!

Reactions: gocds
And to top it off, his attorney is none other than lowlife “Trash can” Larry Wilder.

Trash can Larry said that he and his numb-nuts client who shot himself in the leg will have their say against Louisville Athletics and Vince Tyra before it’s all said and done.

What happened to the $40 Grand, Trash Can man?

He appears to have bought at least one gun and one bullet, but he didn’t pay for any shooting lessons.

Reactions: MEMEBLUE
Plus trash can man said his client was looking for the proper people/way to get this in front of UofL. I read that as threat/extortion. Once you lay in the trash you are always a piece of garbage.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
The nut job said he forgot the gun was in his pocket. Really? If true, which I doubt, he has no business carrying a gun. I could go into greater details about carrying a gun, but I won’t. He’s clearly an idiot.

UofL Athletics & Vince Tyra’s adversaries on this....

larry-wilder-asleep-in-trash-can.jpg

man-shooting-himself-in-the-foot-picture-id1061609082

"Vince" and U of L brought much of this on themselves. Firing anyone is an emotional event for the person affected. It's why companies take precautions with their soon to be ex-employees in that situation.

U of L has escalated things multiple times with multiple employees in the last couple of years. They tried to dig up dirt unsuccessfully on Jurich before caving and giving him everything he was entitled to. They fired both Sharp and Ecarma while making very public announcements that both guys were, in essence, not just unwanted employees going forward but bad people.

And all of these guys were terminated in employer-employee relationships where the employer had the upper hand. None of them had contracts for lifetime employment. U of L simply had to tell them their service was appreciated but no longer needed.

The problem is/was that the new regime doesn't have the necessary credibility to consistently pull off those terminations without justification. They need the dirt to go along with the dismissal. Didn't need it for Padgett or Petrino, but U of L had what it considered to be job performance reasons for those guys. Not so with a guy like Sharp.

So U of L raised the stakes for itself, and it's not surprising that eventually it caused some unnecessary drama like this. For the benefit of everyone on his side of the issues facing U of L, Sharp simply needs to remain calm and wait for events to play out...

I read Sharp’s tweet about exposing whatever he thinks he has on UofL. The first reply was from none other than Crypt Keeper Timmy Sullivan, begging Sharp to contact him.

Actually Sharp got in trouble and fired at Floyd Central before his troubles with UofL. So, does Sharp have this big grudge against Floyd Central? Of course not, they are small potatoes. UofL creates more drama for the attention Sharp desires.

U of L has escalated things multiple times with multiple employees in the last couple of years. They tried to dig up dirt unsuccessfully on Jurich before caving and giving him everything he was entitled to. They fired both Sharp and Ecarma while making very public announcements that both guys were, in essence, not just unwanted employees going forward but bad people.
I don’t remember any “very public announcements” regarding either of these guys. There may have been reporting to that effect, but that’s not a public announcement. The Jurich thing was clumsy and just plain wrong, but there was no “public announcement”in that case either. Seems you’ll take any tidbit of information and somehow try to turn it into an ornament on your Vince NQ tree. Seek help, before you end up in the lobby of a Marriott shooting yourself in the foot (not just rhetorically).

Reactions: Bardman and BPGhost
"Vince" and U of L brought much of this on themselves. Firing anyone is an emotional event for the person affected. It's why companies take precautions with their soon to be ex-employees in that situation.

And all of these guys were terminated in employer-employee relationships where the employer had the upper hand. None of them had contracts for lifetime employment. U of L simply had to tell them their service was appreciated but no longer needed.

The problem is/was that the new regime doesn't have the necessary credibility to consistently pull off those terminations without justification. They need the dirt to go along with the dismissal. Didn't need it for Padgett or Petrino, but U of L had what it considered to be job performance reasons for those guys. Not so with a guy like Sharp.

So U of L raised the stakes for itself, and it's not surprising that eventually it caused some unnecessary drama like this. For the benefit of everyone on his side of the issues facing U of L, Sharp simply needs to remain calm and wait for events to play out...

A university audit found $40,000 was missing from his program.

A university audit found $40,000 was missing from his program.
A UNIVERSITY audit. The same UNIVERSITY that investigated Ecarma, and immediately afterward saw its VP resign her departmental position.

You’re running with one side of these stories...

...Actually Sharp got in trouble and fired at Floyd Central before his troubles with UofL. So, does Sharp have this big grudge against Floyd Central? Of course not, they are small potatoes. UofL creates more drama for the attention Sharp desires.
And as I understand, with the same FC/U of L person besides Sharp at the center of it.

How do you know firsthand?...

Last edited:
I don’t remember any “very public announcements” regarding either of these guys. There may have been reporting to that effect, but that’s not a public announcement. The Jurich thing was clumsy and just plain wrong, but there was no “public announcement”in that case either. Seems you’ll take any tidbit of information and somehow try to turn it into an ornament on your Vince NQ tree. Seek help, before you end up in the lobby of a Marriott shooting yourself in the foot (not just rhetorically).
I don’t need your psychoanalysis.

And I’ll put it this way... U of L was certainly willing to put personnel files in the public domain that would have otherwise been protected from open records requests. That’s “announcing” as far as I’m concerned, and I’ll continue to refer to it that way...

I know a few people on the hill.
As do I. My niece used to dance for the FC Dazzlers, and my sister-in-law knows Sharp really well. What I'm told is that all of this stems from a falling out between Sharp and one family.

Irrespective of what we know secondhand, I know firsthand that stealing tens of thousands of dollars is a felony in the State of KY punishable by a minimum of five years in prison. And now the alleged perpetrator is recklessly wielding a gun in public and threatening the U of L AD, while the Louisville metro police and prosecutor's office are aware but turning a blind eye.

THAT is what I'm evidently supposed to believe...

A UNIVERSITY audit. The same UNIVERSITY that investigated Ecarma, and immediately afterward saw its VP resign her departmental position.

You’re running with one side of these stories...

Before you get into some wild conspiracy that Tyra/UofL concocted a plan to to fire Sharp for whatever reason, Sharp isn’t denying that $40,000 was missing, he blamed it on bad bookkeeping. Either way it was his program and a significant amount of money went missing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wave3.com/2020/02/05/todd-sharp-fired-dance-coach-blames-bad-bookkeeping-parent-problems/?outputType=amp

Last edited:
Before you get into some wild conspiracy that Tyra/UofL concocted a plan to to fire Sharp for whatever reason, Sharp isn’t denying that $40,000 was missing, he blamed it on bad bookkeeping. Either way it was his program and a significant amount of money went missing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wave3.com/2020/02/05/todd-sharp-fired-dance-coach-blames-bad-bookkeeping-parent-problems/?outputType=amp
Bad bookkeeping, while intentional or not, is a fireable offense, especially if $40K is missing. The dude admitted he sucked at a pretty important part of his job.

Reactions: Louisvillian
As do I. My niece used to dance for the FC Dazzlers, and my sister-in-law knows Sharp really well. What I'm told is that all of this stems from a falling out between Sharp and one family.

Irrespective of what we know secondhand, I know firsthand that stealing tens of thousands of dollars is a felony in the State of KY punishable by a minimum of five years in prison. And now the alleged perpetrator is recklessly wielding a gun in public and threatening the U of L AD, while the Louisville metro police and prosecutor's office are aware but turning a blind eye.

THAT is what I'm evidently supposed to believe...

Sharp has made quite a few enemies over the past few years. A lot of personal baggage as well over the last couple years, that I won’t get into. He made his bed. I think he would have been canned eventually even if Jurich was still his boss. You reap what you sew.

Bad bookkeeping, while intentional or not, is a fireable offense, especially if $40K is missing. The dude admitted he sucked at a pretty important part of his job.

Exactly, UofL doesn’t even have to get into character issues, his firing is totally justified.

In my world if someone steals 40k from me, I file a police report and go after my stolen cash. I don’t believe Sharp’s stories aka excuses about any of it.

I’m just fricking tired of all the drama that continues to go on with our new mgmt. The drama folks are suppose to be gone? As The UofL World Turns!

In my world if someone steals 40k from me, I file a police report and go after my stolen cash. I don’t believe Sharp’s stories aka excuses about any of it.

I’m just fricking tired of all the drama that continues to go on with our new mgmt. The drama folks are suppose to be gone? As The UofL World Turns!

To be fair to the new management, Sharp is just being a pest that will not go away. UofL did have to get rid of the guy over the missing money, also very sketchy that he wanted fundraising donations to be given to him in cash, or checks made out to him. It will blow over. Hindsight though the university made a great move.

You're misreading the transcript posted. The "bookkeeping" reference is to the FC experience, over which he was NOT fired, but reprimanded.

He's made no admissions about the U of L money. In fact, he and his lawyer claim Sharp was never presented with any evidence by/from U of L.

And hell yes, it's a valid conspiracy theory when all of the U of L related entities have "U of L" in front of their names and positions.
And U of L's NOT the job with which he acknowledged "bad bookkeeping".

Two jobs, two situations, two outcomes...

You're correct about the criminal charge.

But the drama ain't going away because the people aren't going away. It's a myth that we needed to clear out the old regime, and everything is fine with Gruesome and a couple of his henchmen gone. You can BELIEVE that, but in my opinion, it has nothing to do with reality...

You're misreading the transcript posted. The "bookkeeping" reference is to the FC experience, over which he was NOT fired, but reprimanded.

He's made no admissions about the U of L money. In fact, he and his lawyer claim Sharp was never presented with any evidence by/from U of L.

And hell yes, it's a valid conspiracy theory when all of the U of L related entities have "U of L" in front of their names and positions.

You’re forgetting about the $40K.

I did not misread. The bookkeeping reference applies to neither job it applies to his inability to account in general, he’s using it as an excuse, additionally it was the same parent who made the claims at FC and UofL.

He’s made no admissions to either accusations at FC nor at UofL, he wants evidence from UofL (which is valid) but he’s not denying money was missing, he’s going to hide behind his claim of “being bad at bookeeping.” Essentially, if proven in court that money was missing, ignorance will be his argument.

As far as your conspiracy theory, you’re leaving out the fact that the Louisville PD participated in the review alongside the UofL PD.

My question to you, being the guy who goes through the UofL fiscal reports with a fine tooth comb, is how are you okay with the fact that this guy directed fundraising payments be paid to him via cash?

https://www.newsandtribune.com/news...cle_1d85e64e-03b7-11e9-b961-d3c994e78abb.html

Last edited:
I did not misread. The bookkeeping reference applies to neither job it applies to his inability to account in general, he’s using it as an excuse, additionally it was the same parent who made the claims at FC and UofL.

He’s made no admissions to either accusations at FC nor at UofL, he wants evidence from UofL (which is valid) but he’s not denying money was missing, he’s going to hide behind his claim of “being bad at bookeeping.” Essentially, if proven in court that money was missing, ignorance will be his argument.

As far as your conspiracy theory, you’re leaving out the fact that the Louisville PD participated in the review alongside the UofL PD.

My question to you, being the guy who goes through the UofL fiscal reports with a fine tooth comb, is how are you okay with the fact that this guy directed fundraising payments be paid to him via cash?

https://www.newsandtribune.com/news...cle_1d85e64e-03b7-11e9-b961-d3c994e78abb.html
I appreciate the additional reference, and you're reading what you want to read. The only entity alleging a specific amount of money was taken--$40,000--is U of L. In fact, it clearly says that...

"Floyd Central Principal Rob Willman said in an email that Sharp resigned from his coaching position several weeks ago. He said it is not the school's policy to discuss staffing matters..."

A policy by the way, that U of L could also be invoking except that they wanted to publicize their allegations why Sharp was fired.

So, he was not FIRED from Floyd Central nor do we know what Sharp resigned over except what he's telling you. The "bookkeeper" comment he made to WAVE 3 was immediately after allegations about what went on at Floyd Central.

As we both acknowledge, U of L's not telling him anything except that he was fired over a missing $40K. Why would Sharp and his attorney admit "bookkeeping" was a U of L issue with no supporting info? (Because that's not what his comment refers to...)

And the fact that the police were involved in the U of L investigation over $40,000 further supports his position since they haven't filed any criminal charges, i.e., "nothing here." Can you produce a copy of his termination letter, and was it endorsed by the police?

Not having seen it, I doubt it...

I appreciate the additional reference, and you're reading what you want to read. The only entity alleging a specific amount of money was taken--$40,000--is U of L. In fact, it clearly says that...

"Floyd Central Principal Rob Willman said in an email that Sharp resigned from his coaching position several weeks ago. He said it is not the school's policy to discuss staffing matters..."

A policy by the way, that U of L could also be invoking except that they wanted to publicize their allegations why Sharp was fired.

So, he was not FIRED from Floyd Central nor do we know what Sharp resigned over except what he's telling you. The "bookkeeper" comment he made to WAVE 3 was immediately after allegations about what went on at Floyd Central.

As we both acknowledge, U of L's not telling him anything except that he was fired over a missing $40K. Why would Sharp and his attorney admit "bookkeeping" was a U of L issue with no supporting info? (Because that's not what his comment refers to...)

And the fact that the police were involved in the U of L investigation over $40,000 further supports his position since they haven't filed any criminal charges, i.e., "nothing here." Can you produce a copy of his termination letter, and was it endorsed by the police?

Not having seen it, I doubt it...

https://www.newsandtribune.com/todd...pdf_db9e3c46-03dd-11e9-b724-c762c350199e.html

I never said Sharp was fired from FC. He was however reprimanded by them at one point.

My last post is saying Sharp will use the excuse of erroneous bookkeeping if he ever does go to trial, which I doubt he will do if he’s smart.

As far as your last paragraph, you’re 100% assuming his innocence due to the police not bringing charges. After reading Sharp’s termination letter, UofL did fire him over fraudulent charges, it was endorsed by UofL PD, which is a legit PD by the way as they have real cops working for them. Regarding LMPD, they would not have their name tied to a fraudulent investigation, so after UofL reported their findings they would have spoke up if they were not in agreement.

My biggest problem with the guy and his situation with UofL and FC, is that he directed fundraising dollars and other things (costumes, etc) to be paid to him in cash, something that doesn’t seem to bother you but is a huge red flag to most people. How can you be so critical of the way UofL handles money 24/7 but not care about this fact?

Last edited:
I never said Sharp was fired from FC. He was however reprimanded by them at one point.

My last post is saying Sharp will use the excuse of erroneous bookkeeping if he ever does go to trial, which I doubt he will do if he’s smart.

As far as your last paragraph, you’re 100% assuming his innocence due to the police not bringing charges. If I’m remembering correctly UofL fired him over the missing money because he was in charge, maybe they just don’t have proof he took it, maybe they do and decided instead of pressing charges to just terminate him in good faith for his services, either way he’s still ultimately responsible as the head of the program, aka Spirit Coordinator. Also regarding LMPD and UofL PD (who are real cops by the way regardless if “UofL” is in the name) they would not have their name tied to a fraudulent investigation, so after UofL reported their findings they would have spoke up if they were not in agreement.

My biggest problem with the guy and his situation with UofL and FC, is that he directed fundraising dollars and other things (costumes, etc) to be paid to him in cash, something that doesn’t seem to bother you but is a huge red flag to most people. How can you be so critical of the way UofL handles money 24/7 but not care about this fact?
You're mind reading what Sharp's going to do with U of L. My guess he never admits to anything, and why would he? They haven't demonstrated anything except that they can "investigate" and tell a story, something they've done multiple times with equally suspicious results.

U of L fired Sharp because they wanted to fire him AND--the important part--they wanted cover. Clowns recognize correctly that they don't have the credibility to simply say "you're fired". (Floyd Central administrators evidently do...) So U of L conducts another one of its now famous "investigations", and PUBLICIZES what is essentially an employee's personnel file. Again, they didn't need that.

AND if the transgressions were so great, why were charges not pressed over grand larceny? How is the Louisville police being irresponsible for not pressing firearm/stalking charges while U of L loses $40K of our money and says "never mind"? Methinks they don't have a rock solid case.

Finally, you nor I know (although I'm eventually gonna find out) what Sharp was told was OK in how his finances were managed. The cheer/dance budget is pretty minuscule which I know tracking this stuff. It's entirely plausible, if not likely, that Sharp was following the path he was allowed to take under the old administration. In fact, the info "investigated" might not have even been current. You don't know that Jurich wasn't OK with Sharp doing exactly what he was doing when he was shown the door. In effect, his rules could have been changed without telling him.

As I said, I'm eventually finding this stuff out if he doesn't announce it to the world himself...

I don’t need your psychoanalysis.

And I’ll put it this way... U of L was certainly willing to put personnel files in the public domain that would have otherwise been protected from open records requests. That’s “announcing” as far as I’m concerned, and I’ll continue to refer to it that way...
I’m not qualified to offer psychoanalysis, but I can recognize obsession.
What personnel files were made public? If they were, I would expect that UofL would have been sued multiple times already by those whose records were improperly made public. Has this happened?

You're mind reading what Sharp's going to do with U of L. My guess he never admits to anything, and why would he? They haven't demonstrated anything except that they can "investigate" and tell a story, something they've done multiple times with equally suspicious results.

U of L fired Sharp because they wanted to fire him AND--the important part--they wanted cover. Clowns recognize correctly that they don't have the credibility to simply say "you're fired". (Floyd Central administrators evidently do...) So U of L conducts another one of its now famous "investigations", and PUBLICIZES what is essentially an employee's personnel file. Again, they didn't need that.

AND if the transgressions were so great, why were charges not pressed over grand larceny? How is the Louisville police being irresponsible for not pressing firearm/stalking charges while U of L loses $40K of our money and says "never mind"? Methinks they don't have a rock solid case.

Finally, you nor I know (although I'm eventually gonna find out) what Sharp was told was OK in how his finances were managed. The cheer/dance budget is pretty minuscule which I know tracking this stuff. It's entirely plausible, if not likely, that Sharp was following the path he was allowed to take under the old administration. In fact, the info "investigated" might not have even been current. You don't know that Jurich wasn't OK with Sharp doing exactly what he was doing when he was shown the door. In effect, his rules could have been changed without telling him.

As I said, I'm eventually finding this stuff out if he doesn't announce it to the world himself...
I certainly hope Jurich was NOT OK with theft. If he was, that’s a black mark on his tenure, if he was not, he should have had tighter control.

U of L fired Sharp because they wanted to fire him AND--the important part--they wanted cover.

Or, because he stole $40,000 from his dance team.

AND if the transgressions were so great, why were charges not pressed over grand larceny?

This is a valid point, i have no idea why UofL decided not to press charges, you may be right that UofL may not have concrete (aka “rock hard”) evidence against Todd Sharp, after all he wanted donations to the team to be made in cash so there would be no money trail, or so he thought. Albeit, the possibility is there that UofL decided not to press charges due to his years of service/success, incidentally not wanting details to get out so it would not destroy him career wise.

Finally, you nor I know (although I'm eventually gonna find out) what Sharp was told was OK in how his finances were managed.

I would be highly surprised Tom Jurich would give the nod to a system that allowed Sharp to direct payments for donations, and competition/costume fees to be made in cash. Either way we’re all going to find out in one of two ways, 1) through a trial, or 2) no trial. If there is a settlement id say the school would be admitting guilt. If there is no trial and no settlement, Sharp’s guilty, because no one would let these accusations fly without a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT