ADVERTISEMENT

LeBron....a Laker

Sultan__of__Swine

15000+
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2004
Donovan Mitchell will get the see the King more often now. It’ll be several seasons until Utah can overcome the Warriors and Lakers in the Western Conference. The Spurs are falling off with their impending loss of Leonard. OKC kept Paul George, but they’re not going to be able to compete with LA or Golden State.

The Lakers vs Celtics rivalry will heat up again. 76ers now probably 2nd best in East.

NBA talk...

giphy.gif

Donovan Mitchell will get the see the King more often now. It’ll be several seasons until Utah can overcome the Warriors and Lakers in the Western Conference. The Spurs are falling off with their impending loss of Leonard. OKC kept Paul George, but they’re not going to be able to compete with LA or Golden State.

The Lakers vs Celtics rivalry will heat up again. 76ers now probably 2nd best in East.
All this means is the Lakers are now a playoff team. They'll need more help than the King to become a title contender. That help will probably come when Cousins signs too. If the Lakers get the trifecta and land Cousins and Leonard, then they'll be a title contender.

The East is now 2 teams and everyone else. Boston and Philly. Nobody else in the East are title contenders now.

All this means is the Lakers are now a playoff team. They'll need more help than the King to become a title contender. That help will probably come when Cousins signs too. If the Lakers get the trifecta and land Cousins and Leonard, then they'll be a title contender.

The East is now 2 teams and everyone else. Boston and Philly. Nobody else in the East are title contenders now.
Cousins just signed with the Warriors.

i've been a laker fan since 1980 and this is interesting. they jsut signed rondo so it will be lbj's first time of actually having a point guard who can dish so his ease of baskets may go up significantly. james signed a three year deal so this year is not a title run year. they can wait for kwahi for one year. leonard will be unrestricted free agent after this year so he can go to the lakers in a year. that's why james signed for three so people knew he was in for long term. only signed 1 and 2 years with cleveland. javelle mcgee also just left warriors for lakers and cousins will be a detriment to the warriors not a help. basically, the lakers will be the title favorites next year.they are just a three point consistent shooter away. i think you'll see kwahi and jj reddick there after this season as he only signed a one year deal in philly

Cousins just signed with the Warriors.
Yes he did. That was a surprise for sure. Never thought he would settle for 5 million dollars, but I guess he feels he can suck it up for 1 year and get a ring before going after max money again. The issue I see is his attitude becoming a serious issue especially with that many egos in the same locker room. This very well could backfire on Golden State. I think everyone here can agree Cousins is at best a 'controversial' character. Most people I talk to think he's a ticking time bomb waiting to explode.

Reactions: Deeva
i've been a laker fan since 1980 and this is interesting. they jsut signed rondo so it will be lbj's first time of actually having a point guard who can dish so his ease of baskets may go up significantly. james signed a three year deal so this year is not a title run year. they can wait for kwahi for one year. leonard will be unrestricted free agent after this year so he can go to the lakers in a year. that's why james signed for three so people knew he was in for long term. only signed 1 and 2 years with cleveland. javelle mcgee also just left warriors for lakers and cousins will be a detriment to the warriors not a help. basically, the lakers will be the title favorites next year.they are just a three point consistent shooter away. i think you'll see kwahi and jj reddick there after this season as he only signed a one year deal in philly
King James signed for 4 years. 38.5 million a year for 4 years.

cue...
"King James signed for 4 years. 38.5 million a year for 4 years."

he technically signed a three year deal with a fourth year player option so he in essence signed a three year, guaranteed deal as most pundits will refer to it as. i'm sure he'll opt out of the fourth and get more money as that's the new system with all the tv money floating around.

with cleveland he was signing 1 year deals (called 2 year) with the second year a player option so he's given the lakers two extra years assuring them he'll be there. he only ever gave the cavs one year as he never trusted dan gilbert. he gave the miami heat i think four years with a fifth player or three with a fourth. but cavs fans should be somewhat disappointed he didn't give them more assurance.

The King

:confused:

I thought you were a Spurs fan, BC.

The Lakers crapped the bed when the Warriors signed the Booger. It's actually funny. Cousins has a busted Achilles - often a completely career-ending injury. They might be able to use him for the second half of the season and for the playoffs. As the 25th ranked defensive rebounding team in the League, signing Cousins has to put the fear of God in everyone.

They are secure enough to shitcan his butt is he goes rogue. If hels smart, he'll play himself into a monster contract....but not with the Warriors. They can only add 20% to $5.3 Million.

Reactions: Sultan__of__Swine
cue...

he technically signed a three year deal with a fourth year player option so he in essence signed a three year, guaranteed deal as most pundits will refer to it as. i'm sure he'll opt out of the fourth and get more money as that's the new system with all the tv money floating around.

with cleveland he was signing 1 year deals (called 2 year) with the second year a player option so he's given the lakers two extra years assuring them he'll be there. he only ever gave the cavs one year as he never trusted dan gilbert. he gave the miami heat i think four years with a fifth player or three with a fourth. but cavs fans should be somewhat disappointed he didn't give them more assurance.
He screwed the Cleveland fans - again, Hopefully the owners won't try to get him back at the end of his career. I feel for the Cleveland fans. They have put up with a lot of crap regarding James. They deserve better than that.

Adding Rondo was huge for the Lakers because Ball isn't the answer. The Lakers still need 1 more big name player to be true NBA title contenders. Leonard?

I have nothing to contribute to this thread other than to say...

Reading new posts to it every couple days makes me glad over and over that this ish ain't in Louisville. And hopefully never will be...

Last edited:
He screwed the Cleveland fans - again, Hopefully the owners won't try to get him back at the end of his career. I feel for the Cleveland fans. They have put up with a lot of crap regarding James. They deserve better than that.

Adding Rondo was huge for the Lakers because Ball isn't the answer. The Lakers still need 1 more big name player to be true NBA title contenders. Leonard?

Not sure he screwed the fans. He was practically a one man show and delivered their first title ever. The dude has been a beast.

cue...

You obviously haven’t followed the NBA or the Cavs. If you did you’d completely understand why leaving was the right choice given his age (33) and the fact the Cavs management screwed/hand cuffed themselves with bad contacts. No team wants their overpriced veterans in a trade and they have no cap room to sign any star players. LeBron would have just continued to be a one man team and would waste away. Dan Gilbert is an asshole owner, I can’t believe LeBron agreed to play for him again.

You obviously haven’t followed the NBA or the Cavs. If you did you’d completely understand why leaving was the right choice given his age (33) and the fact the Cavs management screwed/hand cuffed themselves with bad contacts. No team wants their overpriced veterans in a trade and they have no cap room to sign any star players. LeBron would have just continued to be a one man team and would waste away. Dan Gilbert is an asshole owner, I can’t believe LeBron agreed to play for him again.
I follow it close enough to know it's always about him, and he's a total asshat of a person. He is a great player and nobody can take that away from him, but I don't like him AT ALL so there is nothing anyone can say about his 'decision' which will change my mind. If I had a James jersey, I would gladly burn it.

I follow it close enough to know it's always about him, and he's a total asshat of a person. He is a great player and nobody can take that away from him, but I don't like him AT ALL so there is nothing anyone can say about his 'decision' which will change my mind. If I had a James jersey, I would gladly burn it.

I’ve found that most folks that really don’t like Lebron James were really big Michael Jordan fans.

I’ve found that most folks that really don’t like Lebron James were really big Michael Jordan fans.
I was more of a Magic Johnson fan myself. Loved the 'Showtime' theme back when the NBA was all about the team and less about the individual.

Please provide some articles that show LeBron to be an asshat. Married and a great Dad to his kids.

Yes, the decision show was dumb and pompous but beyond that the guy has been a great role model. Married wit kids.

No gambling issues or cheating on his wife (MJ).

No accusation of rape (Kobe).

No “I’ve slept with 20,000 women” ( Wilt C)

Yes, the decision show was dumb and pompous but beyond that the guy has been a great role model.
Great role model? OK. If you like the guy, then that's your choice. I won't ever say that because I don't. He is pompous, arrogant, and ignorant. Nothing you say will change my mind about him.

Yes, the decision show was dumb and pompous but beyond that the guy has been a great role model.
Great role model? OK. If you like the guy, then that's your choice. I won't ever say that because I don't. He is pompous, arrogant, and ignorant. Nothing you say will change my mind about him.

Your opinion means nothing short of providing some evidence.

Your opinion means nothing short of providing some evidence.
My opinion only needs to matter to me. I'm not here to provide anything other than friendly banter. This is the fantasy world we share. I don't like the man. You do. I respect your stance, and I don't care if you respect mine or not. I won't lose any sleep over how you feel about my opinions. IMO James is stupid and no amount of money can fix stupid.

Cue, if it's any consolation to you--and I don't have a dog in THIS particular fight nor want one--but pig's opinions on most subjects are varying degrees of eff-ed up.

Keep that in mind...

Cue, if it's any consolation to you--and I don't have a dog in THIS particular fight nor want one--but pig's opinions on most subjects are varying degrees of eff-ed up.

Keep that in mind...
I like the Sultan of Swine. Then again, I like bacon. :cool: MEAT CANDY!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT