ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Last update of the night

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
This update only pertains to high school prospects.

DeAndre Moore and his people have been strictly business throughout this process and I appreciate that. Too much emotion infects this line of work. I find it saggy, nagging, and draining. Cold hard capitalism on the other hand is brutally honest, it hurts, but it makes you feel alive. We have it on good authority that another push will be made by Louisville before NSD. That makes me think this isn't over yet and I'm not ready to call a winner.

Stanquan Clark and Jamari Johnson are the other two commits with some drama surrounding them. I think it's a 50/50 split with Johnson. With Clark all the news has seemed to be positive for Louisville but he's from Miami and there's a billionaire throwing around inducements. I heard that those close to him want him to get out of state and experience a new environment. Right now it appears he's locked in with Louisville but don't underestimate the influence of a dude from Miami with too much money.

Edward Joseph's social media propaganda isn't moving me. My sources don't know where he's going but I've heard it's FSU, Louisville, and Penn State right now. Most people are saying FSU but they seem to be guessing. Perhaps he's just really bad at building suspense for his announcement and he's really going to Louisville but it just smacks of tossing the first hat across the room to me.

I'm not holding my breath on Andy Jean who is being sold as a "potential NSD surprise." I doubt he leaves the state of Florida. I'll still be watching on Wednesday though.

I still feel good about my Keyjuan Brown pick.

Woo Spencer won't be committing on Wednesday. I'm not sure why. I'll provide more details on that later when I figure it out.

I was told Louisville is out of the mix for Akana, the linebacker from Utah.

I expect Daylen Austin to wait until February to announce.

Adonijah Green said he's locked in with Louisville so that's that. Unless something unforeseen happens.

I expect Louisville to keep the rest of the class I haven't mentioned above so I'm gonna end it on that note.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News