ADVERTISEMENT

Lamar today

Cardinal Cash

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2016
I'm going to contend that Bolin would have played better. Lamar held on to the ball too long in the pocket, tried to do to much on the read option, and fumbled again on a big play. Just a frustrating game. He didn't get a lot of help from Bobby or the rest of the team, but maybe running a different offense with Bolin could have gotten us in the end zone at least once. I would have liked to see him in once the game was out of hand. Nothing seemed to change at half.

Reactions: Deeva
Stop drinking.

If Lamar who can escape, yet get sacked 50 times, couldn't do it, Bolin would have gotten killed.

Lamar made some bad decisions, however he was spooked.

Give him a COLLEGE O-LINE and UofL is playing at 3pm , not 11 AM.

Stop drinking.

If Lamar who can escape, yet get sacked 50 times, couldn't do it, Bolin would have gotten killed.

Lamar made some bad decisions, however he was spooked.

Give him a COLLEGE O-LINE and UofL is playing at 3pm , not 11 AM.
He was spooked. The O line was horrible, and Bolin would have been less mobile, but at least he would have handed it off to the running back when the holes were there. Lamar tries to do too much in the run game. He also throws a significantly more catchable ball. Lamar didn't have any touch today.

Reactions: wilkie01
Not if he made the reads faster and got rid of the ball in 3 sec's vs the 5-6 that LJ takes too many times.

LJ still has a lot to learn about QB'ing a P5 team when playing a great defensive P5 team. In addition....CBP's play calling was not up to his 1.0 standard today.

Lot of improvement there for next years team to even match this years record, much less surpass it.

Reactions: wilkie01 and zipp
Entire team is off and that includes the staff.

Hard to single out any individual or coach when the team collectively plays this poorly.
It was definitely reminiscent of a Houston effort. No one played well except maybe the defense barring one or 2 plays. I thought they handled the power run game well enough to hang on. The offense can't go 3 and out and expect them to hold

Reactions: Mayoman
Lamar needs a coach that has played D1 football as well as spending some time in the pro's.
To improve at this level and prepare for what lies ahead Nick Petrino is not the man to get him there.

Reactions: bj#1
It was a total meltdown on offense, including the staff.

Defense was missing 5 players and still out played the offense.

There's deep problems on the offensive side of the ball. It's more than just the line, or something like that. Just no chemistry anywhere.

8 long months for CBP to figure it out. He's not exempt from self examination either.

There isn't a quarterback on the planet that can do anything when you have someone in your face every single play immediately after the snap.
You are absolutely correct. Even on the rare occasion when he had time he rushed because 90% of the time he was running for his life. Behind that line Brady would have looked bad. We have serious issues with the offense specifically the OL, whether it be talent or coaching it better get resolved.

Reactions: Deeva
I think he'll be fine once he starts watching what's in front of him instead of the sideline.That's not him.His coach will have to let him go a bit more in that regard.Otherwise,it's hard to determine where the hot receiver is.

I'm not bothered by this game for some reason.It will be a game that all will learn from in the off season to move this offense forward next season into a championship type offense.

I think he'll be fine once he starts watching what's in front of him instead of the sideline.That's not him.His coach will have to let him go a bit more in that regard.Otherwise,it's hard to determine where the hot receiver is.

I'm not bothered by this game for some reason.It will be a game that all will learn from in the off season to move this offense forward next season into a championship type offense.
I'm not sure. It's 3 straight games if basically the same formula. Somebody needs to make an adjustment rather than just laying the blame on the O-line.

Not if [Bolin] made the reads faster and got rid of the ball in 3 sec's vs the 5-6 that LJ takes too many times...
Agree. I'm not football savvy enough to see if Lamar was missing his quicker reads or whether they were covered as well. Hard to believe that a coach of Petrino's caliber wouldn't have started to make SOMETHING available on a shorter route.

If options were available and Lamar was just missing them too many times, that's a greater concern at the end of his second season. He wasn't consistently getting enough time to handle his QB responsibilities in the pocket, but he also wasn't taking advantage of the opportunities he had. Or at least that's the way it appeared.

I don't think Petrino is simply covering for his O-line when he says that 11 guys plus the coaching staff are responsible when the QB gets sacked or hurried. The game's more complex than some of us try to simplify it to be. And on last reports, we have the best guy in the biz to get it figured out for the offense. Hell, he just has to get it back to where it was a couple months ago...

Agree. I'm not football savvy enough to see if Lamar was missing his quicker reads or whether they were covered as well. Hard to believe that a coach of Petrino's caliber wouldn't have started to make SOMETHING available on a shorter route.

If options were available and Lamar was just missing them too many times, that's a greater concern at the end of his second season. He wasn't consistently getting enough time to handle his QB responsibilities in the pocket, but he also wasn't taking advantage of the opportunities he had. Or at least that's the way it appeared.

I don't think Petrino is simply covering for his O-line when he says that 11 guys plus the coaching staff are responsible when the QB gets sacked or hurried. The game's more complex than some of us try to simplify it to be. And on last reports, we have the best guy in the biz to get it figured out for the offense. Hell, he just has to get it back to where it was a couple months ago...
We saw during this game why we didn't run many screens, slants it quick hitters this season. Lamar is still struggling with making these throws. Threw the pass in the flat to Reggie in front of him. Throws the ball too hard on slants or with no touch as well. Balls are either in front of or behind receivers. There is still a ton to work on for our QB moving forward.

CBP, staff, and team came to the LSU game; looking FUBAR! This looked to much like a Kragthorpe SNAFU! There had to be some eternal team problems in the locker room. My Cardinal brothers, something is "rotten in Denmark"!

CBP, staff, and team came to the LSU game; looking FUBAR! This looked to much like a Kragthorpe SNAFU! There had to be some eternal team problems in the locker room. My Cardinal brothers, something is "rotten in Denmark"!
I hope it was the seniors. They're gone.

Getting all spiritual on us? Eternal team problems? Hope not....eternal is a long, long time. Now there might be some internal problems.....CBP will have to diagnose and cure that issue as only he can. Next year will be interesting to say the least.

Not trying to hate on Bolin I support him. But, if he played, he probably throws a pick6 and a few INTs as well.

I feel good about him as a back-up, and if his # is called due to an injury or something unexpected then go Kyle.

But the reality is, he would have had his share of problems vs LSU and he might have struggled much worse.

ADVERTISEMENT