ADVERTISEMENT

Lamar to be a 3 way player next season

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
Lamar just announced he will be a 3 way player next year. He will play QB, Safety and punter. This way it will ensure the Ravens get to the Superbowl.
He'll also sprinkle in stints at WR, LB, PR and KR.
Brees doesnt have to do this because he is a "real" QB.
Lamar does because the hate will never stop.

Oh yeah, he will also be the OC and DC.

He had a rough game for sure. Some was his fault. Most was not. He is a winner though so he'll bounce back and be stronger next year.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Not trying to be negative and you can’t argue that he doesn’t put up stats and numbers, the bottom line is that a winning NFL QB, down 2 TDs needs to get his team in a position for a game winning score. That really never came close to materializing.
The Titans had a great game plan and they frustrated Lamar. That much was obvious. He needs to use it to get better.

I told my friends that 2 things obviously happened and shouldn't 1, Lamar shouldn't have let the Titans get into his head in the 1st quarter, and 2nd, they never was able to get into rhythm because they had 3 weeks rest/off and for that, I blame the head coach. The healthy players should've played a series or quarter in the last regular season game since they already knew that they was gonna have 2 weeks off anyways.

Reactions: PHCARD
Op, I'll have to take your post and run with it, because the only thing LJ was guilty of,was trying to do too much.
The injury to Ingram may have contributed to that.

Reactions: Deeva and PHCARD
The last interception and the 4th down run where he turned around were the only really big mistakes. Of course, that’s 2 possession ‘s they could have scored on.
He had over 140 yards rushing and 360 yards passing. I think coaching, defense, and the dropped passes were the bigger culprits

Reactions: PushupMan
The last interception and the 4th down run where he turned around were the only really big mistakes. Of course, that’s 2 possession ‘s they could have scored on.
He had over 140 yards rushing and 360 yards passing. I think coaching, defense, and the dropped passes were the bigger culprits

Also held the ball too long on his fumble. By that point he was trying to force things that weren’t there. Too early to do that ... it was still midway through the 3rd quarter and his team was only down 21-6. It was also first down. Throw the ball away and try again on 2nd down.

You drop back 70 times with the ball to pass, you're gonna get hit a few times in the pocket.

And you manage to get off 60 of those as passes, many on the run and in tight spaces, some are getting picked off.

Compound that by playing a pretty good defense (or one suddenly playing that way).

No great insights in there or things that are hard to explain...

Not trying to be negative and you can’t argue that he doesn’t put up stats and numbers, the bottom line is that a winning NFL QB, down 2 TDs needs to get his team in a position for a game winning score. That really never came close to materializing.
The Titans had a great game plan and they frustrated Lamar. That much was obvious. He needs to use it to get better.
Second most yards (passing & rushing) by an NFL quarterback in NFL playoff history. It was a team loss. O-line, defense, receivers (6 drops) and all get to share the loss with Lamar.

Reactions: Deeva
Second most yards (passing & rushing) by an NFL quarterback in NFL playoff history. It was a team loss. O-line, defense, receivers (6 drops) and all get to share the loss with Lamar.
That’s why he’s the regular season MVP but has very little to do with it, 3 TO’s is just hard to overcome in playoff football.

Lamar just announced he will be a 3 way player next year. He will play QB, Safety and punter. This way it will ensure the Ravens get to the Superbowl.
He'll also sprinkle in stints at WR, LB, PR and KR.
Brees doesnt have to do this because he is a "real" QB.
Lamar does because the hate will never stop.

Oh yeah, he will also be the OC and DC.
I am sure he would be great at those positions, but he will have to buy a lot more Rolex Watches.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
One word. Panic.

Lamar did not have one of his better games for sure but a lot of the blame has to go on the coaches as well. I know the Ravens went for it on 4th down a lot this season but there were several 4th down decisions/play calls that were questionable against the Titans. Bad use of timeouts at the end of the 2nd quarter.... Ravens abandoned the run way too early. I know Ingraham was hurt but they had guys (Hill and Edwards) that were capable. They found themselves in a situation they were rarely in this season (last time against the Browns) down 14 and appeared to panic in the 1st Quarter.

You have a young QB that was flustered and thrown off his game. Coaches needed to show some composure and settle down. Instead they went into complete panic mode. You could actually see the tension and anxiety in the players, coaches and the crowd/stadium. Just my two cents.

Ingram wasn't healthy. Maybe they add a WR with size next year go with the burner Brown. Hopefully Lamar learns from this and comes back even more hungry!

He needs to focus on catching his own passes because his receivers can’t catch. Number 81 had the pass thrown right at his chest at the 1 yard line and he couldn’t catch it. Then he had the nerve to smirk about his inability.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT