ADVERTISEMENT

Lamar, Lamar, Lamar, what are you doing?

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
He's choosing not to run the 40 during today's pro day. He declined to run it at the combine, as well. He's reportedly been difficult to reach on top of everything else. If he wants to be his own agent post rookie season, great. If he wants to listen to his mother after the draft, go for it. But, he needs an advisor right bleeping now. He needs representation right bleeping now. He needs professional and experienced guidance right bleeping now.

Reactions: Wordless65
He's choosing not to run the 40 during today's pro day. He declined to run it at the combine, as well. He's reportedly been difficult to reach on top of everything else. If he wants to be his own agent post rookie season, great. If he wants to listen to his mother after the draft, go for it. But, he needs an advisor right bleeping now. He needs representation right bleeping now. He needs professional and experienced guidance right bleeping now.

He looked great at his workout during pro-day today. Footwork was good, and his passing was exceptional (even though several of his passes were dropped by the receivers). I think that he probably did a lot to solidify his position in the upcoming draft. Him running the 40 isn’t the most important part in showcasing himself to the 32 professional coaches who attended. He is a quarterback, not a running back or wide receiver.

His speed and running are without question. No sense in taking a risk on something stupid like pulling a muscle while running.

Reactions: GoldCard
On second blush, a good decision. Nowhere to go but down if he runs the 40. I mean, Lamar is so fast a 4.5 would be an off day and like you guys already said, he's trying to lay the "great atthlete but not a QB" nonsense to bed.

It seems like someone could create a “draft adviser” role that helps athletes navigate through the pre-draft process without actually having to sign with an agent.

I think he did not run because he does not want them to see him as a "runner". He wants them to see him as a QB. I think it was a pretty solid choice on his part.

Reactions: pops strange
He can run backwards and outrun all those rated ahead of him.

You need to quit worrying about him. He’s gonna do it his way, right or wrong.

Somebody is going to take him.

Reactions: zipp and Mayoman
I would like to see Eric Wood reach out to him and give him some counsel on all of this.

They have two years of film on this guy. Film of making other players look stupid in the open field. If his draft stock suffers from not running a 40, then the NFL is just not that smart.

NFL Network Mike Mayock on QB Lamar Jackson...

“Every Defensive Coordinator I spoke to said they don’t want him in their division. They don’t want to face him 2 times a year.”....

His speed and running are without question. No sense in taking a risk on something stupid like pulling a muscle while running.
Lamar is a Cardinal and we all love him but not running the 40 is just stupid. That is a measuring stick all the way back as far as high school. Every football player runs the 40. I'm starting to think he runs a slow 40 and doesn't want to show that.

Not hiring an agent and speech coach was a bad move too.
I'm at loss the way all of this has gone down so far. I believe hes losing out on a lot of money.

So running the 40 is better than the 1,000's of yards he ran and made NFL players from FSU, NC State even Clemson look silly. The 40 isn't everything, ask Jerry Rice! And if you think Lamar runs a slow 40 well.....

So running the 40 is better than the 1,000's of yards he ran and made NFL players from FSU, NC State even Clemson look silly. The 40 isn't everything, ask Jerry Rice! And if you think Lamar runs a slow 40 well.....
Not saying he does...but if it's fast then...

My point exactly.

Not saying he does...but if it's fast then...

My point exactly.
So...what is ”fast”?

The NFL is full of 4.3’s. What if LJ is a 4.4? Is he not fast anymore?

FSU, Clemson, and lots of others would disagree.

He makes nothing extra for running.

Reactions: Mayoman
So...what is ”fast”?

The NFL is full of 4.3’s. What if LJ is a 4.4? Is he not fast anymore?

FSU, Clemson, and lots of others would disagree.

He makes nothing extra for running.
4.4 is fast. I don't know that a lot of teams put all their eggs in the 40 basket. But it is odd that he won't run it and I think its hurting him. Even if he ran a 4.5, that doesn't measure his quickness which is side to side. I think LAMAR is putting to much emphasis on the 40 and that's why he wont run it

ADVERTISEMENT