ADVERTISEMENT

Lamar Jackson, does he go or stay for 2018?

If he doesn’t go in the first round teams are foolish. I think he gets the Rodgers treatment though and ends up going in the later first round to a team preparing for the future.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
I think he should do what is best for Lamar Jackson. He probably should set out of the bowl game, also. Avoiding all changes of injury before signing day.

I'd love for him to stay, but he needs to go. He will be a top 3 round draft pick (I feel he is a top 10 pick, but we will see what happens).

I wish him the best, and hope he does leave for his personal reasons. I would hate for him to take an injury and lessen his long term outlook.

I agree if he is in the top 2-3 rounds he should likely go. As astounding an athlete as he is, he is literally a caught cleat away from not getting a shot. Pro-ready???? Who knows these days. Normally dual purpose QBs have to turn into pocket passers that have some ability to run when needs be in the pros. Jackson certainly has the arm to get there. He's also a class act, which carries more weight than ever these days with the NFL.
Just hard to guess how pro teams will pick.

Guess it depends on where he wants to go in the draft. Loaded QB class this year. He won't be the first QB taken, might not even go first round. A good number of teams question his passing ability. You don't spend a first round pick on a player you question.

Guess it depends on where he wants to go in the draft. Loaded QB class this year. He won't be the first QB taken, might not even go first round. A good number of teams question his passing ability. You don't spend a first round pick on a player you question.

Unless you're the Browns.

When it comes to NFL quarterbacking, Brohm was a bust.

Teddy was the last pick, and now has to prove himself again.

And as an NFL QB, LJ has a lot to prove yet.

Once he declares, he's their's and they can take him wherever they like. 1st Rd or 5th Rd.

He's their's.

He needs to choose wisely.

I think the biggest factor in this is what LJ said at the Heisman Trophy presentation. He said there’s been a lot of questions on playing other positions but he has only played one position and that’s QB. I think he really wants to play QB, not just make some money.

He will get the feed back from the NFL late this month early January on what his actual range is in the NFL Draft
Well I hope he gets better feedback than Teddy did.

From projected 1st QB to last pick in 1st Rd.

A lot changed from when TB declared to the draft. It may with LJ too.

For Lamar's sake I hope he goes but I really think he's still not the more natural pocket passer that the NFL likes. Mobility in the NFL for a QB is kinda just a bonus. Pocket presence and defense reading is the main thing they care about. I really think he could use another year in college at QB. Teddy dropped because of his weight. I think Lamar is a little lighter than Teddy was. (correct me if I'm wrong)

For Lamar's sake I hope he goes but I really think he's still not the more natural pocket passer that the NFL likes. Mobility in the NFL for a QB is kinda just a bonus. Pocket presence and defense reading is the main thing they care about. I really think he could use another year in college at QB. Teddy dropped because of his weight. I think Lamar is a little lighter than Teddy was. (correct me if I'm wrong)
I remember the big news when his "hands were too small" :rolleyes:

They tell him he'll be the first QB taken, so he declares.

Then, after he's burned for coming back to school, they picked him apart knowing they (NFL) had him, and would be able to save some money signing him. Somewhere. Whenever they wanted.

Underclassmen need to choose wisely when deciding.

Last two “Mock Drafts” From USA Today and CBS...

USA Today

2. New York Giants | Lamar Jackson | QB | Louisville

There’s little doubt the Giants need to use this rare opportunity and use the No. 2 pick on an eventual successor for Eli Manning. But which passer should it be? Jackson has his flaws just like every other quarterback in this class, but he showed marked improvement as a passer this year, and has explosiveness none of the others can boast.

28. Los Angeles Rams | Jaire Alexander | CB | Louisville

If Trumaine Johnson doesn’t return, the Rams will have to invest premium resources in finding his replacement. Early-season injuries made Alexander somewhat of a forgotten name, but when healthy, he’s the best pure cover man in this year’s class.

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/12/20/2018-nfl-mock-draft-4-rounds-of-early-christmas-presents/

CBS Sports

10. New York Jets
Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville. Despite a heavy recent investment at the quarterback position over the past five drafts, the Jets still need one. Jackson has transcendent potential but certainly comes with some risk. Gang Green's willing to roll the dice because of Jackson's amazing talent.

29. Pittsburgh Steelers
Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville. Had Alexander not been banged up in this final season at Louisville, there's a good chance he would've had a monster year. His smoothness in coverage coupled with his awareness when the ball is in the air make him a top-flight cornerback prospect in this class.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...es-would-fall-if-browns-land-first-two-picks/

ANYWHERE

I MEAN ANYWHERE BUT CLEVELAND :mad:

If John Dorsey deems him the best fit he will take him in Cleveland...and will probably try to team him up with Saquon Barkley...last 3 John Dorsey Drafts produced 3 Pro Bowl Rookies....Marcus Peters, Tyreek Hill and this year Kareem Hunt...to bad for the Chiefs sake him and Andy Reid didn’t get along and Reid won that power struggle ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Louisvillian
If you don’t think he’ll go in the first round, you’re smoking your socks. Or you’re Todd McShay. Lamar’s upside is ridiculous. Just like his arm strength, freaky athletic ability, competitiveness and his passing skills improving by leaps and bounds every year. And he’s only 20 years old! Don’t fool yourself, there are questions about every QB in this draft:

Josh Rosen * Tends to lock on to his primary receiver.
* Questions about his dedication and being a good teammate.
*Tends to take to many chance by throwing into coverage. Etc....

Sam Darnold-(if he comes out) * Lacks elite arm strength and athletic ability.
* Needs to improve accuracy on deep balls.
* Throws from bad angles instead of setting his feet. Etc...

Josh Allen-* Needs to be more accurate on routine and short throws.
* Tends to be impatient in the pocket to let plays develop.
*Hasn’t played well against better competition. Etc.....

Lamar definitely has improvements he needs to make for the next level including improving his accuracy on medium routes and a lot of scouts don’t like how he throws from the pocket with his feet so close together. He’s got a cannon so I guess he doesn’t need to drive the ball with his legs but the pro coaches are going to change that I think. I’m guessing he doesn’t get past the Giants at #2.

The knock on Lamar is accuracy, but his completion percent is very similar to Rosen, Darnold and Allen. Mayfield is better, but he’s getting knocked on size. The pundits get it wrong pretty much all the time. Jackson is going to be a great qb and a superstar at the next level. Hope he goes to Denver or New England, where he’d be surrounded by great talent. It’s been fun watching him, but he’s gone.

He’s being mentioned, if at all, like the fifth or sixth an in this class. They may not see him as a first rounder. If that is true, does it make sense to jump? If probably got his draft grade just like Jaire did. What was it, I wonder?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT