ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Cards To The Sweet 16

During the 19-2 deficit in the 1st quarter, I was questioning just how we could recover to advance. As bad as it was on both ends, the defensive effort completely took NW out of their offense. I am not sure there is any team left in the tournament that has the combination of depth, talent and coaching discipline to duplicate that sustained level of defensive intensity, that held NW to 28 points over the next 30 minutes of play.

I think NCST, Baylor, SC, UConn each have at least 2 of those 3 attributes, but not sure even those rosters have all 3. Walz seems at times to be in a class by himself.

BTW, if anyone watched ISU‘s 2 point last second OT loss to A&M, it was an opportunity to see how the officials decided late in the regulation & the OT period, not to blow theif whistles on several obvious A&M desperation fouls. The game was very well officiated up until the last minute or so in both the regulation and the OT. It appeared the officials, for whatever reason, decided not to deprive A&M of their effort to advance. Before this tournament is over, I expect the favorites like Baylor, UConn, SC, NCST and a few others teams will be the beneficiary of favorable calls in close contests.

Reactions: PushupMan and Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT