ADVERTISEMENT

Labor Day weekend series?

LeFors4Ever

3500+
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2017
Since the previous rival didn’t want that game to be week 1, I’d like to see us move towards a more fun Labor Day weekend game. Maybe not playing a powerhouse, but just some fun games. Switch up home/home and neutral sites.

The Miami game in 2014 was the most fun. Notre Dame this year was great. The 2006 UK game was the most fun of my college experience as far as partying all day and the smack down for the game.

The Purdue game in Indy was a heck of a trip. I think had we played the WKU game in Nashville Labor Day weekend it could’ve been a huge party. Also, the WKU basketball and football games in Nashville this year just were at he worst times. Day after thanksgiving and week 3. At least the MCB was a party.

Who and where would you like to see us play on Labor Day weekend?

Brohm Bowl with Purdue? Could play more at Indy or home/home?

Cincy at the Bengals stadium?

Indiana would draw some eyeballs and be a fun rivalry to get started?

Memphis State in Nashville? Bring back the WVU game, I’m sure Brown would love it because he’s recruiting in the state for them.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/louisville/

Looking at future schedules, we will definitely be playing an ACC team to open the season in 2020, 2022, and 2023, and then we have Ole Miss in 2021 in Atlanta, GA.

Later schedules have Labor Day weekend game at USF in 2024, and host EKU in 2025.

And I’m okay with that, because I really don’t need an attractive matchup to start the season to get me fired up about UofL football. The fun comes from knowing that I’ve got four months of UofL football ahead of me.

Reactions: Mayoman
https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/louisville/

Looking at future schedules, we will definitely be playing an ACC team to open the season in 2020, 2022, and 2023, and then we have Ole Miss in 2021 in Atlanta, GA.

Later schedules have Labor Day weekend game at USF in 2024, and host EKU in 2025.

And I’m okay with that, because I really don’t need an attractive matchup to start the season to get me fired up about UofL football. The fun comes from knowing that I’ve got four months of UofL football ahead of me.

It’s very possible that we will open with Clemson. FSU and Wake already have nonconference games slated for the opening weekend. Based on their ACC slate and who’s open the first weekend, we’d be the team that would offer the most attractive matchup.

I thought we had something lined up with IU? I would like to see us opening at home against some better competition. I know we owe it to EKU, Murray, etc. But I personally don’t think it excites the fans.

I don’t see them changing Rivalry Saturday game against Ky back to Labor Day. Travel to GA just gets into folks wallets and hurts travel to away ACC games.

I thought we had something lined up with IU? I would like to see us opening at home against some better competition. I know we owe it to EKU, Murray, etc. But I personally don’t think it excites the fans.

I don’t see them changing Rivalry Saturday game against Ky back to Labor Day. Travel to GA just gets into folks wallets and hurts travel to away ACC games.
2023 versus Indiana in Indianapolis (9/16/23)
2024 versus Indiana in Louisville (9/7/24)
2025 at Indiana (9/6/25)

2023 versus Indiana in Indianapolis (9/16/23)
2024 versus Indiana in Louisville (9/7/24)
2025 at Indiana (9/6/25)
Just in time for Scott’s recruiting classes to be fully stocked on our roster! I’d love to go to all 3. Bloomington isn’t a bad time, but the drive there is just dreadful as there’s nothing.

Indy is my 2nd fav place to visit behind Nashville. I’ve never been to Bloomington. If the road is anything like the road to Nashville IN, its back in the boonies???

Indy is my 2nd fav place to visit behind Nashville. I’ve never been to Bloomington. If the road is anything like the road to Nashville IN, its back in the boonies???
I’ve only been coming south from Nashville. So you may have a better trip coming for The Ville. There’s no rest stops for a big stretch on my trip.

20 miles further in the boonies if you come in from Columbus. Best bet to me would be US 150 west to Paoli, then SR 37 north to Bloomington. Don't get in a hurry, grab a Snickers bar 'cuz it'll be a while.

Reactions: PHCARD
20 miles further in the boonies if you come in from Columbus. Best bet to me would be US 150 west to Paoli, then SR 37 north to Bloomington. Don't get in a hurry, grab a Snickers bar 'cuz it'll be a while.

I cannot imagine making that drive on a game weekend vs. U of L, and simply will not be doing it.

Since the previous rival didn’t want that game to be week 1, I’d like to see us move towards a more fun Labor Day weekend game. Maybe not playing a powerhouse, but just some fun games. Switch up home/home and neutral sites.

The Miami game in 2014 was the most fun. Notre Dame this year was great. The 2006 UK game was the most fun of my college experience as far as partying all day and the smack down for the game.

The Purdue game in Indy was a heck of a trip. I think had we played the WKU game in Nashville Labor Day weekend it could’ve been a huge party. Also, the WKU basketball and football games in Nashville this year just were at he worst times. Day after thanksgiving and week 3. At least the MCB was a party.

Who and where would you like to see us play on Labor Day weekend?

Brohm Bowl with Purdue? Could play more at Indy or home/home?

Cincy at the Bengals stadium?

Indiana would draw some eyeballs and be a fun rivalry to get started?

Memphis State in Nashville? Bring back the WVU game, I’m sure Brown would love it because he’s recruiting in the state for them.

I don’t think it was KY’s decision. I believe it came from the ACC and SEC offices for rivalry weekend.

No to Memphis State. They disgust me.
Cincinnati might be an option, though since Nippert was expanded we could play home and home.
I would like to play one west of the Mississippi team each year. How about a series with UCLA, Utah, Mizzou, or K-State?

Well as stated above by another poster, it looks like we will start the season in ACC play.

It’s looking like we could have a home game against Va Tech to start the season? Sunday/Monday night in The Ville vs. the Hokies? Bring it on.

Heck even going to Clemson week 1 would put us in the national spotlight with our fun skill guys against the preseason #1

Well as stated above by another poster, it looks like we will start the season in ACC play.

It’s looking like we could have a home game against Va Tech to start the season? Sunday/Monday night in The Ville vs. the Hokies? Bring it on.

Heck even going to Clemson week 1 would put us in the national spotlight with our fun skill guys against the preseason #1

Virginia Tech is playing Liberty the first weekend next year. We will play either Clemson (away), NC State (home) or Syracuse (away) to start the season.

No Memphus or Cincy. Just my own opinion though.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

It’s very possible that we will open with Clemson. FSU and Wake already have nonconference games slated for the opening weekend. Based on their ACC slate and who’s open the first weekend, we’d be the team that would offer the most attractive matchup.
I have been told that we will open with Notre Dame at South Bend that year.

When should the ACC release the 2020 schedule? It'll be interesting to see who we play the 1st 2 weeks of the season.

When should the ACC release the 2020 schedule? It'll be interesting to see who we play the 1st 2 weeks of the season.

If last year (schedule was announced on 1/16/19) is any indication, we should know about 2020 schedule this week.

Last edited:
If last year (schedule was announced on 1/16/19) is any indication, we should know about 2021 schedule this week.

I forgot to add in my post, I was asking/saying the ACC schedule dates for the upcoming season, we obviously already knew who we're playing against in conference play.

I forgot to add in my post, I was asking/saying the ACC schedule dates for the upcoming season, we obviously already knew who we're playing against in conference play.

Oops ... typo in my post ... I meant the 2020 schedule, not 2021.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT