ADVERTISEMENT

L yes Zipp...good day for UL Postel didn't get President

No one was worse than Postel. I'll wait until I hear more to start feeling better about Neeli.

And of course we know why Postel got the axe... No chance any of the donors were returning otherwise, despite the yarn that Tyra was spinning recently. They still have their jobs cut out for them, and next year's budgets are due in a couple months. I reminded an older woman calling me today that there's no rush to decide...

Well at least you are willing to judge on performance instead of prejudgment like you've done with Tyra.

Well at least you are willing to judge on performance instead of prejudgment like you've done with Tyra.
"Prejudged" like no credentials and hand-picked by the clown show? Why would anyone of sound mind be suspicious of that?...

Reactions: Lizzarddrainer1
Neelie checks a lot of boxes for me and she's a prolific fund raiser according to KU sources. And you are right Zipp, donations weren't drying up under Posthole they were dead. However, Tyra is just as qualified in his first six months as TJ was after 6 months. Now, I'll change my mind in 5-10 years if he isn't as successful as TJ was after 5-10. He has one glaring weakness on his resume, he is a UK grad. Almost as bad as hiring a former UK coach.

Reactions: zipp
Neelie checks a lot of boxes for me and she's a prolific fund raiser according to KU sources. And you are right Zipp, donations weren't drying up under Posthole they were dead. However, Tyra is just as qualified in his first six months as TJ was after 6 months. Now, I'll change my mind in 5-10 years if he isn't as successful as TJ was after 5-10. He has one glaring weakness on his resume, he is a UK grad. Almost as bad as hiring a former UK coach.

You mean like hiring a former UKy football player as head coach of the football team. Yeah, that'd be a bad move. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Rollem Cards
You mean like hiring a former UKy football player as head coach of the football team. Yeah, that'd be a bad move. :rolleyes:
I used to fully agree and still do somewhat.

But, when we got Schnelly he was more than a uk grad. He was a NC coach and one of the biggest names in the biz at the time. We NEEDED CHS. I believe without him we are still CUSA. He moved our timeline.

We NEEDED somebody again, but we gotta see if This uk grad is it. He has no name or success in this biz.

We hope he can fill the spot well but we don’t know.

That said, we wouldn’t know about anyone else either until they proved it here.

Yep, my tongue in cheek humor sailed over a head. The only criticism I hear repeated from a few on here is that Vince is a UK grad. However, Denny Crum said he is UL through and through good enough for me. And a former Uk b'ball coach did pretty damn well here ON the court. And Schnelly speaks for himself. He got the rivalry renewed, was spot on that it would elevate high school football in the state and he loved beating Uk except that he took off for greener pastures before he could. But he doesn't have his name on any building in Lexington! My flippant point was..regarding Vince and playing baseball at UK (we sucked in baseball back then, bet Coach Mc would've gotten his butt here) is....so?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT