ADVERTISEMENT

KSR reporting Lamar Thomas to be UK's next WR coach

CATFANFOLIFE87

One-Star Poster
Apr 8, 2008
KSR is reporting that Lamar Thomas is leaving UL to be the WR's coach at UK. Thomas was the lead recruiter for Dez so it may not be over

Not going to link KSR here, but this will be an interesting story to watch.

That is really interesting if true, I bet he won't be getting any Christmas cards from ole Bobby.

Last edited:
Why the hell would Lamar Thomas want to piss away his coaching career at uk?

Well...according to Jody Demling, Thomas is a star recruiter at UofL, but Grad Assistant Nick Petrino has been coaching the WRs. I don't know about that perspective, but would be a reason to seek another opportunity.

@jdemling But it was pretty obvious watching practice this year he was not the WR coach. Graduate assistant Nick Petrino coached the WRs.

Reactions: wilkie01
It isn't that big of a deal. There has only been one coach in my time of being a Louisville fan where losing an assistant coach really hurt the any athletic program.....Wade Houston. Denny never could replace him.

He did a good job while at Louisville that is all you can ask of him. Timing is interesting and by the sounds of it won't matter on signing day. They will find a good WR coach.

He'll be unemployed by December when Porky and the entire coaching staff are canned after going 4-8 and getting pummeled again by Louisville.

Good luck Lamar!

Reactions: Baldy44
So is this a good hire by UK? I'll be honest and say that I have no idea we was even looking at him. Your receivers have always bee pretty good the last couple years. This is not a name we had heard at all.

So is this a good hire by UK? I'll be honest and say that I have no idea we was even looking at him. Your receivers have always bee pretty good the last couple years. This is not a name we had heard at all.

From my admittedly limited understanding, it's a good recruiting hire, but to be determined whether it's a good coaching hire. Time will tell.

It's a good hire for you guys, but not much of a loss for us, if that makes sense.

Reactions: wilkie01
From my admittedly limited understanding, it's a good recruiting hire, but to be determined whether it's a good coaching hire. Time will tell.
Agree. Good recruiter but the guy has never been in demand because of his coaching ability which is evidenced by him going 11 years after his playing career ended before landing his first college coaching job as a position coach at Hampton.

Since they can't get it done on the field, Porky and Branfart had to do something to make some noise in this rivalry.

I'll admit, well played Cats.
Taxi-Driver-Robert-De-Niro-Clapping-Gif.gif

Reactions: CATFANFOLIFE87
We were actually very close to hiring Thomas in 2013 when Stoops was first hired. Stoops wanted Thomas but allowed Brown to bring his guy with him
And we all have seen how well Stupes makes decisions.

LPT Football: The only thing worse would be if Brainfart made them...

Reactions: American Male
I don't think a position coach is gonna make Uk some great team or make Louisville any lesser of a team.

He was actually upset (word on the street) that Nick Petrino was working with the receivers more than him. A good hire for uk, not a big loss for us.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
I heard on 93.9 that he brought in zero recruits this year. Is that true. If so no loss. Maybe he got tired of us pounding the U. If I was Lamar I would rent. I think his time in Lex will be short!

I heard on 93.9 that he brought in zero recruits this year. Is that true. If so no loss. Maybe he got tired of us pounding the U. If I was Lamar I would rent. I think his time in Lex will be short!

His only top recruit that he has been the lead on was Lamar, if you remember, Lamar basically recruited Louisville instead.

Reactions: American Male
Straight up sucker move by Lamar. Bush league if I've ever seen such a thing for a coach to leave a few days right before NSD. Self demotion and not only that he will be looking elsewhere after Stoops is canned in December.

KSR is reporting that Lamar Thomas is leaving UL to be the WR's coach at UK. Thomas was the lead recruiter for Dez so it may not be over
You have NO clue who our lead recruiters for which players are.

Lamar is trying to get more money out of UofL. Either we pay or he walks. I read that the WR coach just fired at UK made 75,000 more a year. I doubt we match, but we might never know.

OldhamCard had the best comment on Thomas wanting more vacation time during December. I think this is funny that Thomas would go to sUcK talk about a step backwards in his career and going to a program that is not stable or known for football.

Let em go who knows what is going on behind the scenes . cards ill be alright and let stoops feel he is doing something .

Again...could not be happier that he is gone...hopefully he will no longer browbeat recruits like he done in the past in front of their classmates/teammates at a in school visit trying to get a commitment....basically embarrassing a 3* player who is now playing for a B1G school. Can understand doing a hard sell but Thomas crossed the line...my feeling on him....Bye Felicia...

Goes to SuCk and coaches the WR they don't improve Stupes looks that much worse. And their all out of there in December.

The job change looks to be official; Lamar Thomas's Twitter page now reflects his status as a WR Coach at UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT