ADVERTISEMENT

knock knock

Where are your statistics to back up this downward trend?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Senore2006
I'm wrong a lot, about what exactly? - It's hard to list it all here in such a short space. ND "boat racing" Clemson. Stats you just made up in regards to a FLA game. USC "not" using a walk-on @ QB against UK. UK having a "good" team.

About saying UK could possibly have a special season when they were 4 and 1, please. - Yes please. Not even a 5th grader would say that's possible after the EKU game, and the last 30 years of the UK football product to go with that.

I don't think Louisville is in a transistion year, statistically they are continuing a yearly trend down, see how statistics work. - I do, but you certainly don't. You don't have a grasp on what the concept of a continued yearly downward trend means, probably because UK's always been down so you don't know how change works. UofL has finished ranked 3 consecutive years. If the trend was yearly UofL would be working on multiple bad seasons in a row, but they are currently only in their first bad year consecutively. It's not rocket science, though I can see how it doesn't reach you.

This isn't about me Hopgood, stay on topic. - Out of all your embarrassing posts, this one might be #1. "Stay on topic" - Hilarious, the topic is UK football and all their futility, with FLA being exhibit A. You are the one that keeps talking about other things other than the topic - It's a thread intended for you to not participate in. But once you cross the line, the thread then becomes twofold - UK football sucks and they have a delusional fan named Bill that posts on rivals that everybody laughs at.

I didn't just make up stats with Florida, its easy for you to pick that out and miss my overall point, it's what you do. The point was UK held Florida to 100 less yards than UT did. The overall point was not wrong.

I still think Notre Dame is better than Clemson.
Notre Dame had 7 turnovers and Clemson still damn near lost the game.

Ranked doesn't matter Hopgood, wins do because in the end that's all that matters. In that time period UofL's wins have gone down, and this year appears to be continuing that way, by definition that is a downward trend. In those same 3 years UK's wins have gone up each year with this year appearing to continue that, which again is an upward trend.

Get over that possible special season comment, it's like it offends you I even mentioned it, good grief. I also said before the season that my prediction was 6-6 for UK

I was avoiding the thread, yet you just couldn't wait to call me out, even weeks later. That's a little troubling. Not to mention the whole hi thing today the moment I logged on today. You need to understand this is entertainment, it's meant to discuss opinions.

I didn't just make up stats with Florida, its easy for you to pick that out and miss my overall point, it's what you do. The point was UK held Florida to 100 less yards than UT did. The overall point was not wrong.

I still think Notre Dame is better than Clemson.
Notre Dame had 7 turnovers and Clemson still damn near lost the game.

Ranked doesn't matter Hopgood, wins do because in the end that's all that matters. In that time period UofL's wins have gone down, and this year appears to be continuing that way, by definition that is a downward trend. In those same 3 years UK's wins have gone up each year with this year appearing to continue that, which again is an upward trend.

Get over that possible special season comment, it's like it offends you I even mentioned it, good grief. I also said before the season that my prediction was 6-6 for UK

I was avoiding the thread, yet you just couldn't wait to call me out, even weeks later. That's a little troubling. Not to mention the whole hi thing today the moment I logged on today. You need to understand this is entertainment, it's meant to discuss opinions.

So does UofL being ranked in the Top 25 at the end of last season, still indicate that double intuitive downward trend of yours?. You mean the idea of scheduling one of your owners - Auburn - to begin the year was a lateral scheduling move from prior seasons? Or that UofL was playing in its very first year in the ACC?? Can you tell us if UofL was ranked the season before in such an easier conference?

Last season was so bad we sent 15 players to try pro ball. Sure, the downside this season results in as many as 6 freshmen playing on offense at one time - a stat that would have surprised most UofL fans at the beginning of the year. Freshmen can be almost a comedy of errors, if you have a sense of humor connected to a 426 Hemi. Otherwise, we are party to just breathtaking mistakes and little totally irritating failures as the season progresses. As well as consistent and visible improvement with QB tweaks and offensive creativity. That option yielded UofLhaving to bring in grizzled veteran QB Kyle Bolin - a sophomore - to run out a 9 minute game-ending drive against the nation's Top 5 defense.. Does UK have an option at QB, lol?

No one had any problem with UK strutting like we knew they would over winning games to begin the season. The Wood Chipper part of UK's schedule had not happened yet. UofL's happened right off the top against 2 currently highly-ranked teams and the preseason #6. Now UofL's defense is #16 in the country, against the #22 ranked SOS. The defenses we have played are also the best in the country. The overall drift of UofL's offensive development is favorable. Quick and Staples have emerged with identities as clutch players, particularly Staples. The routes they run are generally simple, although Lamar and Bolin both are looking downfield. We've had a bunch of long passes for scores. UK's defense, meanwhile, seems to be going backwards as well, in spite of some nice talent. Tendencies are known now, everyone is scouted and will be more. Meanwhile UofL's defense is trending radically towards the top with the additional pressure offered by the emerging Trevon Young.

Without Boom, you guys would seem to be in serious trouble.

With the Wood Chipper running smooth and full out now, we'll see what comes out the other end...generally, history shows a befuddled, angry, totally defeated mind set, the "LPT Celebration".

Last edited:
So does UofL being ranked in the Top 25 at the end of last season, still indicate that double intuitive downward trend of yours?. You mean the idea of scheduling one of your owners - Auburn - to begin the year was a lateral scheduling move from prior seasons? Or that UofL was playing in its very first year in the ACC?? Can you tell us if UofL was ranked the season before in such an easier conference?

Last season was so bad we sent 15 players to try pro ball. Sure, the downside this season results in as many as 6 freshmen playing on offense at one time - a stat that would have surprised most UofL fans at the beginning of the year. Freshmen can be almost a comedy of errors, if you have a sense of humor connected to a 426 Hemi. Otherwise, we are party to just breathtaking mistakes and little totally irritating failures as the season progresses. As well as consistent and visible improvement with QB tweaks and offensive creativity. That option yielded UofLhaving to bring in grizzled veteran QB Kyle Bolin - a sophomore - to run out a 9 minute game-ending drive against the nation's Top 5 defense.. Does UK have an option at QB, lol?

No one had any problem with UK strutting like we knew they would over winning games to begin the season. The Wood Chipper part of UK's schedule had not happened yet. UofL's happened right off the top against 2 currently highly-ranked teams and the preseason #6. Now UofL's defense is #16 in the country, against the #22 ranked SOS. The defenses we have played are also the best in the country. The overall drift of UofL's offensive development is favorable. Quick and Staples have emerged with identities as clutch players, particularly Staples. The routes they run are generally simple, although Lamar and Bolin both are looking downfield. We've had a bunch of long passes for scores. UK's defense, meanwhile, seems to be going backwards as well, in spite of some nice talent. Tendencies are known now, everyone is scouted and will be more. Meanwhile UofL's defense is trending radically towards the top with the additional pressure offered by the emerging Trevon Young.

Without Boom, you guys would seem to be in serious trouble.

With the Wood Chipper running smooth and full out now, we'll see what comes out the other end...generally, history shows a befuddled, angry, totally defeated mind set, the "LPT Celebration".

Has the number of victories gone down in each of those years I mentioned from the prior year.

You're hanging your hat on team rankings too much. Those same rankings show BC with a better defense than Alabama and LSU, do you think BC's defense is better than either of those teams?
While I have no doubt that Louisville has a superior defense over UK the real stay you need to look at for a better picture of reality is yards per play.

Question: If UofL had played against Florida and Tennessee home and home over the last 40 years what do you think their record would be. Now, you can cop out and say better than UK's, which is fine. But go back to the pre-Schnellenberger days... How do you think you would fare?

zzzz..nice how you expanded the time period an extra 10 years to include more of the early U of L days...pathetic.

SO, for the actual 30 years in question, do we get the perks of $EC membership without any expectation of ever accomplishing ANYTHING AT ALL? lol not to mention every other game AT HOME?

Let's say yes, but go ahead and use the teams we _actually had_.

We'd have had a fighting chance in any year from among 1991, 1993 (we did play UT that year on their home turf) 2000-2006, 2011-2013 (one of those years we actually DID beat UF). So without lifting a finger we already have a better record than you have against UF and a good chance at another 5-6 wins WITHOUT ANY OF THE ADVANTAGES your pathetic program regularly squanders. And that is without membership in the supposedly premier-jest league that ever was or ever will be...lmao...let's face it, given your advantages, you're the worst performing program in ANY SPORT played on Earth. It wouldn't take much to outperform U of K so yeh, we'd do a hell of a lot better because we're not addicted to less-than-mediocrity.

The amazing thing is you show up here anyway. Masochism or just stupidity?

Reactions: Mayoman
Just like Uk can not discount it's past history why should you. Fact is until proven otherwise your history with SEC teams stands 2-22. And your history with UK is 13-14.

Considering how many bad teams we have had over the years 13-8 is not something to brag about considering UofL fans consider us the worse SEC team.

I can see how you chose your nickname now. Blue scat lol.

I didn't just make up stats with Florida, its easy for you to pick that out and miss my overall point, it's what you do. The point was UK held Florida to 100 less yards than UT did. The overall point was not wrong. - You provided invalid data. Quit arguing.

I still think Notre Dame is better than Clemson. - I'm sure you do. But it's funny, two lines below this you say "wins matter because in the end that's all that matters" - oh man that's just hilarious. It's all about winning in one instance, but in another instance it's all about still thinking the losing team is better. Funny how you're working that Bill!

Notre Dame had 7 turnovers and Clemson still damn near lost the game. - Again, see your own words below, "wins matter because in the end that's all that matters. Make up your mind which is it, and stick to it mk? Thanks.

"Ranked doesn't matter Hopgood, wins do because in the end that's all that matters". In that time period UofL's wins have gone down, and this year appears to be continuing that way, by definition that is a downward trend. In those same 3 years UK's wins have gone up each year with this year appearing to continue that, which again is an upward trend. - This is too stupid to give a response. I'm just going to put in italics and underline your "wins matter" statement as you seem to be inconsistent with when winning matters and when it doesn't matter (see your Clemson/ND stance above).

Get over that possible special season comment, it's like it offends you I even mentioned it, good grief. - I think the only poster offended is you. You're having a thumb war in a thread created to laugh @ UK. You don't belong in this one guy. I found your "special season" potential to be funny when you said it, and it's funny now. Not offensive in any way.

I was avoiding the thread, yet you just couldn't wait to call me out, even weeks later. That's a little troubling. - Again, who is offended, me or you? I'm having fun, just joking around. And if you were avoiding the thread - then you wouldn't have opened it when I bumped it. So quit lying. And to be real, you've conveniently avoided our board the last 3 weeks after hanging out enough to share your opinions about a potential special season.

Has the number of victories gone down in each of those years I mentioned from the prior year.

You're hanging your hat on team rankings too much. Those same rankings show BC with a better defense than Alabama and LSU, do you think BC's defense is better than either of those teams?
While I have no doubt that Louisville has a superior defense over UK the real stay you need to look at for a better picture of reality is yards per play.

"The reality is"............ha ha, OK, is it more wins or yards per play? Is there some chart that shows "compensation stats" for the willing, eager but failed football fan? Or is it some tome written especially by and for UK fans?

I believe BC is now actually rated just behind LSU and Bama on defense. But they also remain a top 5 defense. Bringing up your supposed big guy friends is you default position regarding comparisons, lol. It's like clock work.

I didn't just make up stats with Florida, its easy for you to pick that out and miss my overall point, it's what you do. The point was UK held Florida to 100 less yards than UT did. The overall point was not wrong. - You provided invalid data. Quit arguing.

I still think Notre Dame is better than Clemson. - I'm sure you do. But it's funny, two lines below this you say "wins matter because in the end that's all that matters" - oh man that's just hilarious. It's all about winning in one instance, but in another instance it's all about still thinking the losing team is better. Funny how you're working that Bill!

Notre Dame had 7 turnovers and Clemson still damn near lost the game. - Again, see your own words below, "wins matter because in the end that's all that matters. Make up your mind which is it, and stick to it mk? Thanks.

"Ranked doesn't matter Hopgood, wins do because in the end that's all that matters". In that time period UofL's wins have gone down, and this year appears to be continuing that way, by definition that is a downward trend. In those same 3 years UK's wins have gone up each year with this year appearing to continue that, which again is an upward trend. - This is too stupid to give a response. I'm just going to put in italics and underline your "wins matter" statement as you seem to be inconsistent with when winning matters and when it doesn't matter (see your Clemson/ND stance above).

Get over that possible special season comment, it's like it offends you I even mentioned it, good grief. - I think the only poster offended is you. You're having a thumb war in a thread created to laugh @ UK. You don't belong in this one guy. I found your "special season" potential to be funny when you said it, and it's funny now. Not offensive in any way.

I was avoiding the thread, yet you just couldn't wait to call me out, even weeks later. That's a little troubling. - Again, who is offended, me or you? I'm having fun, just joking around. And if you were avoiding the thread - then you wouldn't have opened it when I bumped it. So quit lying. And to be real, you've conveniently avoided our board the last 3 weeks after hanging out enough to share your opinions about a potential special season.

It's like this Hopgood, I made a mistake while looking at several game stats. I wrote that then, instead of holding Florida to 140 yds less, UK held them to close to 100 yds less than UT did, my point at the time still remains, if you want to continue to harp on that knock yourself out.

Wins are all that matters, thats why even though Notre Dame statistically dominated Clemson, Clemson is the one currently in the college football playoff and Notre Dame is looking in. Again, proving my point about wins being the only thing that matters. Having said that I still think Notre Dame is better than Clemson, 7 turnovers are an insane amount of turnovers, due in my opinion of playing in a hurricane.

I was avoiding posting in the thread, apparently my previous posts from weeks ago had been eating at you, and to your credit I suppose you baited me back into it. I quit posting on here because you and I were getting edgy, thats why I apologized to you, and I quit posting after that. You and thatspecial season comment, I didn't say UK was going to have a special season, I said it was possible, why in the heck are you so tore up about that? And you are, thats why you KEEP bringing it up, thats why you bumped this thread that was dead. You're the one thats going on, and , and on with this thread that was dead.

"The reality is"............ha ha, OK, is it more wins or yards per play? Is there some chart that shows "compensation stats" for the willing, eager but failed football fan? Or is it some tome written especially by and for UK fans?

I believe BC is now actually rated just behind LSU and Bama on defense. But they also remain a top 5 defense. Bringing up your supposed big guy friends is you default position regarding comparisons, lol. It's like clock work.

The ranking I looked at last night showed BC at 3 and compared to 5 and 6 for the other teams. I was making a point using LSU and BAMA about unreliable team rqnkings are. BC is a top 5 defense on paper only, while they are good, to say there are only 4 defenses in the nation better is ridiculous, and I'm sure you know it.

You and thatspecial season comment, I didn't say UK was going to have a special season, I said it was possible, why in the heck are you so tore up about that?
You are a cat football fan on a rival message board making statements about a "possible" special season, and now struggling with the fact that rival fans are currently enjoying your previous statements. What exactly should hop be doing differently here?

Last edited:
Wins are all that matters, thats why even though Notre Dame statistically dominated Clemson, Clemson is the one currently in the college football playoff and Notre Dame is looking in. Again, proving my point about wins being the only thing that matters. Having said that I still think Notre Dame is better than Clemson, 7 turnovers are an insane amount of turnovers, due in my opinion of playing in a hurricane.

Notre Dame only had 4 turnovers that game, not 7. Do you do any research or watch any of the games before you talk about them? It's not like Notre Dame was playing in bad weather and Clemson wasn't. Clemson only turned the ball over once compared to ND's 4. Better teams don't make as many mistakes.

The ranking I looked at last night showed BC at 3 and compared to 5 and 6 for the other teams. I was making a point using LSU and BAMA about unreliable team rqnkings are. BC is a top 5 defense on paper only, while they are good, to say there are only 4 defenses in the nation better is ridiculous, and I'm sure you know it.

The bolded is why you have constantly decreasing credibility - not that you haven't already hit bottom. Your superior Eye Test Eval becomes your bottom line. LOL, you shouldn't do that. What's most absurd is that you might even believe it.

They play cowboy ball out West. Check out Boise or Nevada some time. BYU. That's the stuff you need.

you bumped this thread that was dead. .

I'll bump any threads that laugh at our rival whenever I want.

Quit acting like there's a need for a permission slip from you.

Your home board produces much more vile script than what has been shown to you here. If being laughed at is too much for you then go away.

You should not have posted in this thread at any time. The fact that you did is evidence you love the smack talk. When UK was 4-1 you were comfortable with the conversation. Since you love the smack talk enough to get involved back then, don't be a wuss and cry when 4-1 turns into 4-4 and a rival fan wants to have some fun with that.

You're not above the smack. Enough with your charade. If this is beneath you, then don't return to the thread.

Last edited:
You are a cat football fan on a rival message board making statements about a "possible" special season, and now struggling with the fact that rival fans are currently enjoying your previous statements. What exactly should hop be doing differently here?

It's amazing. At 4-1 the conversation was comfortable for him, kind of sitting on the top of the hill sort of thing.

At 4-4, it's just not so fun anymore.

The nerve.

Damn! A thorough and epic waylaying of Bill. But, as he is want to do, he'll come back for more and post something even dumber. He's a masochist or narcissist. . .not sure which.

It's like this Hopgood, I'm just not very smart when it comes to that thar foosball.

Fixed again for Bill.

*Also didn't Clemson "play in a hurricane too"? And doesn't the fact that they didn't turn it over while ND did 7 times indicate that Clemson just might be better? Bill you're unbelievably dense.

Notre Dame only had 4 turnovers that game, not 7. Do you do any research or watch any of the games before you talk about them? It's not like Notre Dame was playing in bad weather and Clemson wasn't. Clemson only turned the ball over once compared to ND's 4. Better teams don't make as many mistakes.

Put it this way, the number one ranked team does hold on for dear life in a game where the opponent has 4 turnovers to 1, 2 coming on the way into the endzone.
Clemson did everything in their power to choke that game away. Having said that, they are a damn good team. And should win out which will put them into the playoffs.

The bolded is why you have constantly decreasing credibility - not that you haven't already hit bottom. Your superior Eye Test Eval becomes your bottom line. LOL, you shouldn't do that. What's most absurd is that you might even believe it.

They play cowboy ball out West. Check out Boise or Nevada some time. BYU. That's the stuff you need.

Whats absurd is that you actually think only 2 teams in the nation have a better D than BC. Think about that for a second.

I'll bump any threads that laugh at our rival whenever I want.

Quit acting like there's a need for a permission slip from you.

Your home board produces much more vile script than what has been shown to you here. If being laughed at is too much for you then go away.

You should not have posted in this thread at any time. The fact that you did is evidence you love the smack talk. When UK was 4-1 you were comfortable with the conversation. Since you love the smack talk enough to get involved back then, don't be a wuss and cry when 4-1 turns into 4-4 and a rival fan wants to have some fun with that.

You're not above the smack. Enough with your charade. If this is beneath you, then don't return to the thread.

What in the hell are you rambling about? I quit posting because I didn't want to be a jerk opposing fan, and I felt I was heading that way, that's why I apologized to you. Which you did in return, I thought that was the end of it.

Youre just wanting to argue.

My before season prediction was UK 6-6 with a bowl win. I posted that on here. UK got to 4-1 and in passing I said they COULD have a special season, that means if they get a few lucky bounces, and breaks. That DIDNT mean I thought they were going to win 9-10 games, but it might be possible with the way the SEC east was laying out and the schedule.

I don't think statistics, especially in college football where schedules are not equal mean as much as other sports. They are indicators, but nothing more. Case in point is the Clemson Notre Dame game. ND dominated the game statistically, yet Clemson won.

In my opinion Notre Dame is the better team, the better doesn't always win.

Whats absurd is that you actually think only 2 teams in the nation have a better D than BC. Think about that for a second.

I realize that there's a massive SEC bias when talking to any fan of any SEC program but have you seen BC play or are you just making judgement comments based on the fact that they're only BC so obviously they're high ranking in defense is through smoke and mirrors because BC couldn't have a great defense.

BC isn't flashy but they are amazingly well coached. They play disciplined football and are very good at keeping to their assignments. BCs yards per play? 4...same as Alabama. Boston College has a very, very good defense. They're ranking may be a little over inflated but they are without a doubt one of the best defenses in the country.

I realize that there's a massive SEC bias when talking to any fan of any SEC program but have you seen BC play or are you just making judgement comments based on the fact that they're only BC so obviously they're high ranking in defense is through smoke and mirrors because BC couldn't have a great defense.

BC isn't flashy but they are amazingly well coached. They play disciplined football and are very good at keeping to their assignments. BCs yards per play? 4...same as Alabama. Boston College has a very, very good defense. They're ranking may be a little over inflated but they are without a doubt one of the best defenses in the country.

Nuh uh cuz they're not in da SECs!!

Best,

Bill

I have watched them play, and I do think they have a good defense. I don't however believe there are only 2 defenses better.

I have watched them play, and I do think they have a good defense. I don't however believe there are only 2 defenses better.
And this seems important to you to stress over and over.

We got it the 100th time. That's what you think. Wow. This is The Big One.

You honestly act like you are presenting facts, lol. Your solipsism is complete.

And this seems important to you to stress over and over.

We got it the 100th time. That's what you think. Wow. This is The Big One.

You honestly act like you are presenting facts, lol. Your solipsism is complete.

Do you think there are only 2 defenses in the nation better than BC ? Simple yes or no will suffice.

it was you I apologized too, remember.

Bill am I really being THAT rough on you? Seriously, on a scale of 1-10, how badly am I treating you? I personally give it about a 3.

If you guys were 7-1 or 6-2 or even a good looking 5-3 right now and flying high this message board would be littered with UK fans shoving it down our throats. Just like you did when you came to this thread to defend your team and remind us UK was 4-1 at that time. You participated. You made that decision to cross that line in the smack thread.

It's just rather hypocritical of you to not be able to roll with the punches after a few losses.

There are a number of civil threads on this board - this ain't one of em. The damn OP let you know how it was going to go with his OP. So quit pretending to be mature.

For reals bruh.

Reactions: Red Rager
You aren't being rough on me, it doesn't bother me a bit. I see this for what it is, entertainment. The only one taking anything personal is you, It's fairly obvious you were stewing on posts I made from weeks ago, just waiting for the chance to throw it back up. That must be an awful way to live, I didn't even say anything slightly edgy toward UofL.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill on the special season comment, and I suspect you know it, but now you're committed to it.

How do you see the last 4 games turning out for each team? Don't ride the fence either, shoot straight "bruh"

Very possibly. I saw BC hold Clemson back and I saw Ole Miss lose to Memphis AND roll over Bama. That wasn't exactly a quality defensive performance by the Tide. You really don't seem to know that much about the game for what it's worth.

Reactions: Red Rager
You aren't being rough on me, it doesn't bother me a bit. I see this for what it is, entertainment. The only one taking anything personal is you,

Is this guy serious? And for the last time: no one is offended of stewing about what you post. We're laughing at you. Big difference

ADVERTISEMENT