ADVERTISEMENT

knock knock

I'm right here, seasons not over yet. When I wrote that UK's defense was playing well.

My prediction from the Summer is looking more realistic, 6 wins and a bowl win to end the season with 7 wins.
I also wrote that UKs season hinged on Towles getting it together between the ears...he has not, and I don't see him changing at this point.

Not gonna be a special season, they needed to win 2 of the 4 against Auburn, MSU, UT, and UGA. Still can muster 7 wins, but Towles is gonna have to get a fire in his belly, and accuracy, and I don't see it.

I'd be more concerned about the defense. But I'll admit, you have more experience sifting through this sort of thing than I do.

You're a good sport. It's Tuesday and I was a little bored. Hadn't seen you in awhile. Good to see you're still tickin'!!!

I'd be more concerned about the defense. But I'll admit, you have more experience sifting through this sort of thing than I do.

You're a good sport. It's Tuesday and I was a little bored. Hadn't seen you in awhile. Good to see you're still tickin'!!!

I think part of the defenses problem is the constant 3 and outs with the offense. at some point the offense has got to muster some drives to give the D time catch a breather.

I'm over Towles, he isn't accurate, he locks on a receiver, can't read defenses and looks like it doesn't phase him one bit if UK loses.

I think part of the defenses problem is the constant 3 and outs with the offense. at some point the offense has got to muster some drives to give the D time catch a breather.

I'm over Towles, he isn't accurate, he locks on a receiver, can't read defenses and looks like it doesn't phase him one bit if UK loses.

Do we see a change Saturday?

UGA is in bad shape. Early kick.

Bill whom would you rather have at qb? In reality Towles is, by far, the best choice for qb at uakay and if you think otherwise that speaks volumns to your knowledge of football. Uselessakay may win 6 games but Vandy is better than EKU and uakay was lucky, damn lucky, to beat EKU. Plus Vandy beat Missou worse than uakay did. The only surefire win I see is Charlotte and uakay had better not take them lightly. Your offensive line is more offensive than ours and our defense is light years ahead of yours so any thoughts of beating us is a pipe dream and UGA will kick uakay's ass on Saturday.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

WOW!!!.......In just a couple of years.........Florida can make T-shirts that can say 40-0.

image.jpg

Reactions: Mayoman
Actually UK is in a better position than we are to have a special season. We are expected to win the rest of our games, whereas UK may find a way to beat a down GA team and wins against Vandy and Charlotte. Then it comes down to the game of the season, maybe for both of the schools.

Bill whom would you rather have at qb? In reality Towles is, by far, the best choice for qb at uakay and if you think otherwise that speaks volumns to your knowledge of football. Uselessakay may win 6 games but Vandy is better than EKU and uakay was lucky, damn lucky, to beat EKU. Plus Vandy beat Missou worse than uakay did. The only surefire win I see is Charlotte and uakay had better not take them lightly. Your offensive line is more offensive than ours and our defense is light years ahead of yours so any thoughts of beating us is a pipe dream and UGA will kick uakay's ass on Saturday.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I would like to see Barker at least get a some reps, he can't do any worse than Towles. Towles is what he is at this point, he's got the physical tools, he is not a gamer, plays scared, and can't react quickly to game speed.

I still think UK will beat Louisville, you guys aren't exactly lighting the world on fire either at this point.

As for the offensive line, Towles can't hit a slant pass to save his life, he can't react quick enough mentally to react if the play called isn't there. The defense pins its ears EVERY play, because even if they don't get to him there's a better than average chance he's gonna miss the WR.

He has 8 pass TD's on the season, 6 came against EKU and ULL.

Last edited:
Cleaned that up for you Bill.

I never said UK had a top defense, just that it was improving, and it was. The defense, any defense cannot stay on the field constantly, and saturday it looked like they just quit after UK had 3-4 3 and outs to start the game.

I was as disgusted as I've ever been as a UK fan after the UT game, that was ridiculous. It's friustrating to see a 4th year junior QB not be able to make simple throws that would extend a drive. Hell, UK had a 14-7 lead in the second quarter.

I never said UK had a top defense, just that it was improving, and it was. The defense, any defense cannot stay on the field constantly, and saturday it looked like they just quit after UK had 3-4 3 and outs to start the game.

I was as disgusted as I've ever been as a UK fan after the UT game, that was ridiculous. It's friustrating to see a 4th year junior QB not be able to make simple throws that would extend a drive. Hell, UK had a 14-7 lead in the second quarter.

Your OLine is as challenged as ours. Barker doesn't strike me as a difference maker with that OLine. If he was, he woulda won the job from the start.

The game between the Cards and Cats will probably come down to defense. And ours is head and shoulders better than yours. But the ball does take funny bounces. As of right now, I won't be making any wagers on that game. Just too risky.

I never said UK had a top defense, just that it was improving, and it was.

The UK defense is rated 80th in 2015, it was 76th in 2014 surely against tougher offenses than listed below.

The UK D is not improving. It was never improving. The first 4 games they faced the #96 O, 94 O, 86 O, and 127 O.

UK isn't going to face an offense better than 44th - MSU is the best offense UK will face all year, and they goofed around and did whatever they wanted. As Jess Palmer said "It looks like MSU is playing against air."

128 Teams/Rankings of their Offenses

Missouri 127th
Lou Laf 96th
USC 94th
Auburn 89th
Florida 86th
Tenn 50th
MSU 44th

They have not played one single potent offense and sit ranked #80. If you wanted to argue Tenn has a good offense I'd accept that. Great. They torched you guys to the tune of 50 + points and took a knee the entire 4th Q. The UK D is very, very bad.

Last edited:
When I posted that they were improving, I will say that the last 2 games have been embarassing, they just laid down which is something they weren't doing earlier in the year.

Your OLine is as challenged as ours. Barker doesn't strike me as a difference maker with that OLine. If he was, he woulda won the job from the start.

The game between the Cards and Cats will probably come down to defense. And ours is head and shoulders better than yours. But the ball does take funny bounces. As of right now, I won't be making any wagers on that game. Just too risky.

You may be right about Barker, but it sure would be nice to find out. Towles is not going to get better at this point, he is what he is.

Haha, whatever you say hopgood. Where did I ever say those teams were world beaters? Or the Cats for that matter, I said they were improving, they were.

You told us the win over MO was a big win because they were SECE defending champs and that win fueled your delusional "This could be a special season" laughable claim which btw is close enough to claiming "world beaters" - special seasons consist of winning most the games. You claimed 10 wins was possible. So quit walking back your previous misguided analysis.

The one thing you have not touched on at all in responding me, is the factual evidence in regards to the offensive rankings of the teams UK played during your delusional "the UK was improving" early season reference.

You haven't attempted to approach that because you can't put lipstick on pigs though you sure tried about a month ago.

I'm sure you'd like to think the "D quit" - they didn't "quit" they just aren't good.

De Nile, not just a river.

It was a big win, every conference win is a good win, and by special I meant 9-10 wins, which other than the last 2 games was very possible. My reaction was no different than your's would've been had Louisville started 4-1 with it's lone loss a game they could've won.
The season is long, it's not over yet. 2 bad games against good teams don't ruin a season, there's 4 games left. Go 3 and 1 and it exceeds my preseason expectations for the year. And there is no reason to believe UK can't win 3 of the last 4 games.

It's not delusion, we're talking about football games. I root for a college football team that started 4-1 god forbid I get excited.

Every year it's the same delusion. Every. Single. Year. Yet nothing really ever changes. Looking ahead to next August the Cayuts will rule the CFB world once again. Stoops will be the second coming of The Bear. All Cayut players will have gotten "bigger, faster and stronger" while other teams got fat and happy in the off season. Watch out world, here come the Cayuts! And every year you set yourselves up for disappointment. Why do you do it to yourselves?

Enjoying Hopgood smacking LPT Bill around with his own delusional posts made way back when. "Special season!"

When I posted that they were improving, I will say that the last 2 games have been embarassing, they just laid down which is something they weren't doing earlier in the year.

I would honestly be more embarrassed with the EKU game if I were you Bill. That should never have been a contest, and in reality they should've beat you guys.

Reactions: Red Rager
I would honestly be more embarrassed with the EKU game if I were you Bill. That should never have been a contest, and in reality they should've beat you guys.

You're right they should've, they outplayed UK that game. I think the turmoil with Boom played a part of that game, and the team was sleepwalking throughout the game.

They flat out quit against UT. It's one thing to get beat, it's another to give a half assed effort.

Let it go man, there's no need to attack me.

What was the big discussion we had this summer, what was it? Something along the lines of UK catching UofL wasn't it?

You got me confused with Zipp.

All I said was I wasn't sure UK was going to be any better or not - and given where they reside statistically in key categories, it appears they haven't. The defense is the same, and as you said the QB has made no progress.

I agree with one thing you said, there is plenty of season left. I don't rule out UK finishing strong, the teams left on the schedule are not very good. Golden opportunity awaits.

I projected a transition season for Louisville and that's exactly what we're getting. It's one of our worst teams in years, and it's on par with UK - who you claimed was improving. Not sure how UK has caught Louisville the UK schedule has been much softer and the records are identical. That said I've always viewed the heads-up game to be a toss-up this year and nothing that's happened has changed my mind. UofL's offense might look a lot better going up against air I mean the UK D, or maybe UofL will continue to self destruct. UofL is playing a ton of FR on the offensive side of the ball, so a UK victory over a very green team in a transition year doesn't mean they caught up either. It just means they were better that year. Sustained success is what matters. UK hasn't had any our entire adult lives, UofL has.

You're changing the subject here, that's what you always do. This thread is about UK. There are a # of threads about UofL on this board.

Stick to the topic, and own your silly prognosis "could be special season" hilarity and stop taking it personal when you're wrong. If you just owned it when you were wrong, and you've been wrong a lot, then you wouldn't feel like it's personal. It's not personal, it's sports talk. Man up. Admit when you're wrong about something.

Last edited:
I didn't say it was going to be a special season, I said it could be. And at that point when I stated that it was a possibility.
Im not trying to keep from admitting I was wrong, its pretty obvious at this point UK isn't going to have a special season. Doesn't mean they can't still have a good year and continue building success.

I'm wrong a lot, about what exactly? About saying UK could possibly have a special season when they were 4 and 1, please.
You seem to think disagreeing with you means I'm wrong. We aren't trying to win arguments here, it's simply stating opinions.
I don't think Louisville is in a transistion year, statistically they are continuing a yearly trend down, see how statistics work. Statistically Appalachian St has a better defense than Ohio St, there isn't anyone anywhere that thinks App St has a better defense than OSU.

This isn't about me Hopgood, stay on topic.

ADVERTISEMENT