ADVERTISEMENT

knock knock

Maybe we should start winning before talking about them.
With all due respect, I don't think so. I know that's how a lotta fans feel. But I don't recall a rule written anywhere about that.

And there are big differences between them and us... We HAVE won, consistently, over three decades. This 0-3 start is more of a statistical anomaly, for us.

They're a basketball school, and we're not. There are fundamental differences...

If the prerequisite for talking trash hinges on the team you root for to be good, we'd have no problem with UK fans because they'd have never had an opportunity to talk trash.

Their (98% of them, to be fair to that 2%) behavior around here after the Houston game, their behavior around here every summer, and the incredibly boorish behavior they get away with on "our" basketball forum warrants a middle finger just about any time a UofL fan wants to give it to them. I won't even get into the stuff they say on their site or the national site.

We might be winless (at the moment) but at least we haven't lost to the same team 29 times in a row. :)
It really is difficult to understand. How is that even possible? TWENTY-NINE straight years the UofK Wildcats have lost to the Florida Gators on the football field. That is a mind blowing fact!

Reactions: Louisvillian
So what's are all the Scat fans going to do with those 1-28 t shirts ?

Ship them to Haiti, where the 2013, 2014,and 2015 NCAA Title shirts are ?[/QUOTE
With all due respect, I don't think so. I know that's how a lotta fans feel. But I don't recall a rule written anywhere about that.

And there are big differences between them and us... We HAVE won, consistently, over three decades. This 0-3 start is more of a statistical anomaly, for us.

They're a basketball school, and we're not. There are fundamental differences...
Three decades??!! o_O LOL

It really is difficult to understand. How is that even possible? TWENTY-NINE straight years the UofK Wildcats have lost to the Florida Gators on the football field. That is a mind blowing fact!
And think how many of those 29 games were played right after or right before Florida played a huge game against Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee, LSU or even Florida St.

29 years of being a trap game for the yawning Gators and the schmUcKs still couldn't win once? I see a selling point for Lumpy to future recruits.

And think how many of those 29 games were played right after or right before Florida played a huge game against Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee, LSU or even Florida St.

29 years of being a trap game for the yawning Gators and the schmUcKs still couldn't win once? I see a selling point for Lumpy to future recruits.
Exactly. One would think the football kittens could have won ONE game by accident. I mean if the mighty Florida Gators were so "disinterested" in playing a BCS bowl game against the Cardinals, then how on earth could they possibly STAY interested in playing and BEATING a doormat football program for 29 straight years? Just unreal!!!!

And before anyone assumes Florida just has their number, remember that a similar streak was broken with Tennessee only a few years ago. And since then, of course, just more losses. LPT is 1-29 the last thirty years against the Vols.

Which makes it a sparkling 1-58 for the last three decades against Florida and Tennessee. Wonderful.

LPT Football: Yeah, we're pretty damn proud...

Question: If UofL had played against Florida and Tennessee home and home over the last 40 years what do you think their record would be. Now, you can cop out and say better than UK's, which is fine. But go back to the pre-Schnellenberger days... How do you think you would fare?

Reactions: cwcat
Question: If UofL had played against Florida and Tennessee home and home over the last 40 years what do you think their record would be. Now, you can cop out and say better than UK's, which is fine. But go back to the pre-Schnellenberger days... How do you think you would fare?
Well isn't that just like a Mildcats fan to take the subject of the thread which was about the "29" year streak against Florida and stretch it back to 40 years ago.

Pardon me but I'll just stick to the subject and say that if the Cards had played UF and UT every year since 1987 their record would be somewhere around 15-43. I'd be willing to bet that over the last 12-13 years that Louisville would be in the 6-6, 6-7 or 7-6 range against Tennessee (worst case 5-7 5-8) and 4-8 4-9 range against Florida. That would be 10-11 wins since 2003 and that would be with the Cards recruiting most of those years to Conference USA, Big East and the AAC. Imagine what we could do if we recruited as a member of the SEC.

I'm willing to then bet that between Schnellenberger and John L Smith we would have pulled out 5 wins out of the other 32-34 games.

Or we can just cop out and say we damn sure wouldn't be 1-58 like ole sUcKbutt U.

Reactions: Red Rager

I would like to hear Lee Corso's answer to that question. Anyone else?

And there was a year in the early 70's that the Cards played Vanderbilt to a 0-0 tie.....I know it was only Vandy.....yet they were still in the SEC....the chicken shat cats wouldn't play them back then..

If Schnellenberger could have recruited with the knowledge he would get Florida and Tennessee EVERY YEAR, and an equal amount of time IN OUR HOUSE .. you can BET he'd have recruited to the point where we'd have started holding our own against those two.

That's the other side of the coin that the UK faithful forget, when throwing "well, if you were in the SEC you'd suck too" ... No, if we had been in the SEC we would have taken advantage of the CHANCE to play high profile schools, and recruited as such.

Of course we would have been competitive. Heck a lot of times we beat the cats by greater margins than UT or UF. I think if you take out that one lone win until the next one it's like 40-1. Not mention the average margin of defeat.

Delusional.
Ok just for a special Mildcat fan like you I'll just say 1-0 against Florida in that span and 1-0 against Alabama for Louisville and both were ass kickings by the Cards.

At least the losers from Lexington can still cherish their 1 win in 29 years over a 5-7 Tennessee team which equalled the Vols worst team record since 1962 when they went 4-6. 46 years!

And the football humping lightweights known as UK can also flap their gums about that historic takedown of a 4-7 Alabama team in 1997 which at the time was the worst Alabama team since 1957. 40 years.

Tall cotton!

Well isn't that just like a Mildcats fan to take the subject of the thread which was about the "29" year streak against Florida and stretch it back to 40 years ago.

Pardon me but I'll just stick to the subject and say that if the Cards had played UF and UT every year since 1987 their record would be somewhere around 15-43. I'd be willing to bet that over the last 12-13 years that Louisville would be in the 6-6, 6-7 or 7-6 range against Tennessee (worst case 5-7 5-8) and 4-8 4-9 range against Florida. That would be 10-11 wins since 2003 and that would be with the Cards recruiting most of those years to Conference USA, Big East and the AAC. Imagine what we could do if we recruited as a member of the SEC.

I'm willing to then bet that between Schnellenberger and John L Smith we would have pulled out 5 wins out of the other 32-34 games.

Or we can just cop out and say we damn sure wouldn't be 1-58 like ole sUcKbutt U.
I'm not trying to make excuses for UK' s inability to beat Florida and Tennessee but U of L is 2-22 vs SEC teams other then UK. Your 0-7-1 vs UT and Vandy having been outscored 351-37 in those seven defeats. Credit is due in your bowl wins over Florida and Alabama to top off successful seasons but don't go overboard on this SEC comparison. Your 1-8 since that Alabama victory vs SEC teams other then UK. Your 4-4 vs UK over the last eight meetings.

UofL football has made great strides over its history but you need to beat your quality conference teams on a regular basis and stop all the crowing about SEC success that you have not really achieved over the long haul.

I'm not trying to make excuses for UK' s inability to beat Florida and Tennessee but U of L is 2-22 vs SEC teams other then UK. Your 0-7-1 vs UT and Vandy having been outscored 351-37 in those seven defeats. Credit is due in your bowl wins over Florida and Alabama to top off successful seasons but don't go overboard on this SEC comparison. Your 1-8 since that Alabama victory vs SEC teams other then UK. Your 4-4 vs UK over the last eight meetings.

UofL football has made great strides over its history but you need to beat your quality conference teams on a regular basis and stop all the crowing about SEC success that you have not really achieved over the long haul.

1-8 > 1-58

Plus I'm pretty sure a few of those losses came from some of Howard's below-average teams in the early 90's right after the Alabama Fiesta Bowl win.

Thanks for those that thought out their answers. I just find it funny that if I had used the term SuckButt over here, I would be banned from this board. Some just don't have the mental capacity to have a debate... It was a valid question for discussion, not trying to deflect from the fact that we have an awful record against UT and UF... Good luck this weekend.

Reactions: TheBigBluePrint
Thanks for those that thought out their answers. I just find it funny that if I had used the term SuckButt over here, I would be banned from this board. Some just don't have the mental capacity to have a debate... It was a valid question for discussion, not trying to deflect from the fact that we have an awful record against UT and UF... Good luck this weekend.
Listen to the poor sensitive Mildcat fan who comes over with a very inflaming profile pic of our head coach during the worst period of his life when he was coaching at Arkansas. That alone could get you banned over here.

I also can't help it you are too dumb to comprehend my post on how the Cards would have a much better record over UT and UF than UK's pathetic 1-58.

Nobody wants your good luck wishes over here either. Your profile pic says enough. Go Mizzou.

Youre comparing apples to oranges.

Uofk has had over 70+ years of recruiting, and intense competition.
UofL has been independent/CUSA/BE.

Give the Cards a $EC recruiting advantage and exposure and i guarantee they
would not be 1-58 against those two teams.

Even Vandy has managed 2 wins during uofk's mind boggling UF streak.

UofL got one chance to beat UF. They did it. Meanwhile in blew land.........

Your statement that UofL is 4-4 against UK the last 4 years is true but why not include the other 13 games since the series restarted in 1994? Louisville is 13-8 against UK in those games.

And as someone else mentioned how many of those games you are using as argument are mostly from the 70s when the Cards played as an independent or as a member of the Missouri Valley Conference.

The true numbers are that Louisville in games not including UK against the SEC are 1-3 in the 90s, 0-0 from 2000-2009 and 1-2 from 2010-present.

The facts are that we have faced very few SEC teams not named Kentucky during the last 25 years which have been the Cards' best teams overall.

Just like Uk can not discount it's past history why should you. Fact is until proven otherwise your history with SEC teams stands 2-22. And your history with UK is 13-14.

Considering how many bad teams we have had over the years 13-8 is not something to brag about considering UofL fans consider us the worse SEC team.

Just like Uk can not discount it's past history why should you. Fact is until proven otherwise your history with SEC teams stands 2-22. And your history with UK is 13-14.

Considering how many bad teams we have had over the years 13-8 is not something to brag about considering UofL fans consider us the worse SEC team.
Seriously? The whole gist of this thread is about UK's futility over the last 29 years against UF and UT and then some UK fan wanted to ask how the Cards would have fared against them.

During those particular years Louisville has had some really good football teams that have done pretty well against the SEC given the few opportunities they have had and that's the whole point.

And you want to go back to 1915 when they played with no helmets, a watermelon as a football and the forward pass was illegal? The fact is that both programs have been among the nation's worst for long stretches but let's at least stick to modern times.

Reactions: bigbluegrog

Bad teams ! ?

Ya'll posed to be $EC. The greatest collection of teams in any sport, at any time.

What, you only win by cheating like in 76,77 ? Why do youll have bad teams ?

UofL is 15-39 against the $EC. Switch with uofk, and big blew would more than likely
5-34. Your history has proven it. 1-58 is a disgrace. Like i said, vandy has TWO wins
against UF the last 29 years. They also have had a winning conference record.

Something uofk hasnt had since 77'. Stick to basketball. Your rolaids budget will go down significantly.

Reactions: earsky

Pre Schnellenberger days..they would have never given us a home and home! Hell even during Schnelly's time they wanted a 2 for 1. The last 30 years..go ask ALABAMA, or FLORIDA, about a neutral site and our one loss record.

Your 0-7-1 vs UT and Vandy having been outscored 351-37 in those seven defeats.

Remarkable points, it's rather amazing you would look those scores up and bother sharing them considering Louisville last played Vandy over 40 years ago. Three games against Tenn, are within the last 65 years, and the last one was 22 years ago.

I still haven't gotten over that loss we took to Tenn over 100 years ago. 1914 was the worst year ever.

No really. Very salient points man you just won over the jury with this work. You walk into a thread laughing at UK's humiliating streak over the last 29 consecutive years and start score quoting games less than a handful in size in which were played within the last 40 years that involve Louisville and two random SEC teams. Even better, you think you're scoring argument points this way.

He is arguing, using scores literally from ancient history.

You cannot make these posts up.

Last edited:
Let's also give the modern-day Cards--"modern" as in since most of us were born--HALF of those games in each series AT HOME. You know, like LPT's games are.

50% of LPT's games against SEC teams are played in Lexington. That includes the SEC's best teams.

Makes a slight difference. Ask the book-makers.

Yet, you still get inexplicable results like 1-58. Thirty of those freaking games were played in Lexington.

LPT Football: Hard to believe...

ADVERTISEMENT