ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky spring game

Villebandit

One-Star Poster
Feb 6, 2019
Birdgang, work took me to Crapington this past week and I stopped off at the grocery to watch their spring game. Got some observations.

Their defense is absolute garbage. It’s clear that their coaches either aren’t confident in the passing game or want to rep out the defensive backs bc they threw everywhere and there were folks wide open all over the place. They’re going to have a tougher rebuild than they let on on that side of the ball.

QB position still isn’t great. Folks are gonna talk about the numbers but a lot of those passes were thrown into coverage while open receivers stood and watched. These will be interceptions against better competition.

Their depth isn’t what has been made out. The second team provided zero fight to the starters. Poor play all around outside of the running backs and one receiver that was a straight dog for the ball.

Bad news. They are talented. Lot of guys that can run. They’re also big and strong on the line and the three running backs are all individually more talented than snell. They could have a decent offense and the talent is there for a good defense but I don’t anticipate stoops being able to coach them up.

November a long time away. Injuries could devastate this Kentucky team as it doesn’t seem there’s enough depth to pick up the slack.

If this was still played first week of the season, we would have to big play them for a shot to win. I feel that the toll of the season and developing into Scott’s system will give us a good shot in November. We hate and shit talk them but they’ve recruited a solid team that will be hurt by their coaching.

Worst of all, I wore my red birdgang gear and the old folks that spoke to me acted like they were sorry for us. Not a good feeling. We’ve got to get this back and beat that big blue ass.

Reactions: SiouxfallsEric13
Uk will extend the all-time series lead out for another year. I have no faith in our roster after last season. We are going to have to suffer for another year or 2. They have also recruited better than us. I have faith that Satterfield can out-coach stoops, but he won’t have the talent to get close for at least another year or 2. Best case scenario, we pass them up for the all time-series lead in 2023 if we steal one in the next couple years and the rebuild occurs quickly.

Depressing reality, bro.

I sat there and just couldn’t believe my eyes. They had so much size and speed that it made us look like a damn FCS team by comparison. We have some athletes but they have a lot and that size is going to be tough to beat.

Depressing reality, bro.

I sat there and just couldn’t believe my eyes. They had so much size and speed that it made us look like a damn FCS team by comparison. We have some athletes but they have a lot and that size is going to be tough to beat.
Why does anyone conversate with this dude ?? Obvious troll ....birdgang. lol .

Reactions: Jesse82
Yeah, says the guy with the trump pic and UKaay screen name..

GTFOH

What did I say that wasn’t true? I’ll wait, rafter bait

Uk will extend the all-time series lead out for another year. I have no faith in our roster after last season. We are going to have to suffer for another year or 2. They have also recruited better than us. I have faith that Satterfield can out-coach stoops, but he won’t have the talent to get close for at least another year or 2. Best case scenario, we pass them up for the all time-series lead in 2023 if we steal one in the next couple years and the rebuild occurs quickly.

We better hope it's the opposite because they might have to take down the new expansion for money by year 3 (sarcasm). Seriously though, no one will be in the stands if we don't win quickly because that's just the way it is these days. And that goes for any non-powerhouse team. No one wants to wait for success. He will be in a bad spot if we are sitting here 2 years from now going into year 3 with 3 consecutive bad seasons.

Reactions: Villebandit
That’s my concern too, bro.

We have some athletes but the depth situation on both lines are extremely worrisome. Scott is going to have to work extremely hard and have some luck to get ahead of this thing.

I just couldn’t believe the size and talent differential between us and them. Don’t think they have one Malik Cunningham but they prolly have 15-20 similar athletes and their size upfront is legitimate concern.

It’s amazing how fast Bobby sunk our ship and he did it without probation assisting. SMMFH

We better hope it's the opposite because they might have to take down the new expansion for money by year 3 (sarcasm). Seriously though, no one will be in the stands if we don't win quickly because that's just the way it is these days. And that goes for any non-powerhouse team. No one wants to wait for success. He will be in a bad spot if we are sitting here 2 years from now going into year 3 with 3 consecutive bad seasons.
As long as he improves and makes a bowl in season 2 he should be ok. I think people will begin to treat Petrino like kragthorpe. Torpedoing a program into the ground will become synonymous with his name.

That’s my concern too, bro.

We have some athletes but the depth situation on both lines are extremely worrisome. Scott is going to have to work extremely hard and have some luck to get ahead of this thing.

I just couldn’t believe the size and talent differential between us and them. Don’t think they have one Malik Cunningham but they prolly have 15-20 similar athletes and their size upfront is legitimate concern.

It’s amazing how fast Bobby sunk our ship and he did it without probation assisting. SMMFH
oh me too BRO..OMG WTF LOL SMGDH

Dripping with the douchery this guy is

Idk what game everybody else watched. I think the RB’s are average. I didn’t see one that could make a move besides fast up and down running. Defense will get ate up in SEC. they will be a 6 win team. We can beat them.

Go on and keep dick riding Rex Chapman and trump you big blue loving sack of shit and let the grown ups discuss OUR team and city. Come back when you get an education.

Hope so, bro. That one kid was dragging defenders and the other two had quick first steps.

I think we can do it but it’s gonna take some big plays.

Idk what game everybody else watched. I think the RB’s are average. I didn’t see one that could make a move besides fast up and down running. Defense will get ate up in SEC. they will be a 6 win team. We can beat them.
Oh my bad Bro. You see, I have 8 years of college bro...not to mention my Nickname was Chapman in the Marine corps bro..you are such a tough guy on the ol internet bro. Are you from Jersey Bro?

Good job at attacking an innocent bystander, bro. Maybe the internet isn’t for you. Congrats on getting your associates in 8 years. It only took me 9 to get a bachelor and two master degrees but I’m sure people are proud of you, dude.

Props to your Marine Corp bros for trolling you with the UKaaay nickname and I’m sure you thought it was a compliment.

Also glad that you think I’m tough, bro. Never claimed to be but your game is real cool. Also never been to jersey, you like it?

@Eddiepaul79, I’m sorry this clown went at you, bro. Appreciate your insight on the Cards 2019 team.

Haha. Some people are too sensitive for these sites. I think Pentrest might suit them better. I just call it like I see it. I saw a horrible defense get drug by average RB’s. Not saying they are bad but not anywhere close to Benny Snell and really just average D1 RB’s. The secondary is horrible. But was just hard to tell because the 2nd team was just that horrible. It’s a 6 win season for the Cats.

I hope you are right, but their non-conference scheule is awful. Play 8 games at home and Arkansas is their West opponent this year (play MSU every year). I dont see any way they win less than 7 and can see 9 if they are slightly above average. Only 2 for sure losses are GA and FLA.

Don’t forget about Missouri who will be a top of the SEC team this yr, Tennessee will be better, best then last yr. Miss St and South Carolina. I’m telling u all those teams are getting better. Especially Mizzou and UT. You gotta understand Benny Snell single handily provides offense for them and Josh Allen WAS the defense. Those are losses it’s hard to recover from. They only returned about 4 starters on defense but if they can’t pound it with Benny, their in trouble and Rose played, he just didn’t produce much and gets beat up quick in the SEC. Probably gonna have a couple guys on defense get injured and they just don’t have the talent this yr. last yr was a senior led team and their gone. Cats 6-6, Cards 6-6. My prediction

Their schedule is very weak, bros.

We are the toughest non-conference opponent. We have a shot but it’s going to take work and luck.

The only guaranteed loss is Georgia. All those other games are toss-ups at worst, bros. They could have a good year if they stay healthy and stoops keeps out his own damn way.

Bros, I hate it. I watched a few of our games over the last few weeks and then the UKaaay spring game. It doesn’t leave me feeling well.

Hate to say it, bro but UKaaay might be a better program than Florida right now.

More physical, equal or better talent and should’ve won 3 of the last 4 if not for Stoops.

Georgia is the only game I see on their schedule as a definite loss. We need to add the last game back to that list again. It’s unfortunately gonna take time.

Really seeing why Scott did away with the spring game this year. Our boys need all the reps they can get

Reactions: BlueRattie
Don’t forget about Missouri who will be a top of the SEC team this yr, Tennessee will be better, best then last yr. Miss St and South Carolina. I’m telling u all those teams are getting better. Especially Mizzou and UT. You gotta understand Benny Snell single handily provides offense for them and Josh Allen WAS the defense. Those are losses it’s hard to recover from. They only returned about 4 starters on defense but if they can’t pound it with Benny, their in trouble and Rose played, he just didn’t produce much and gets beat up quick in the SEC. Probably gonna have a couple guys on defense get injured and they just don’t have the talent this yr. last yr was a senior led team and their gone. Cats 6-6, Cards 6-6. My prediction

I think they split those 4 games with UT, Mizzou,USCjr, and MSU. I'm saying 8-4 and 4-8, repsectively. For the record, I am pulling for 12 teams next year, just to answer any "hater" replies.

Hate to say it, bro but UKaaay might be a better program than Florida right now.

More physical, equal or better talent and should’ve won 3 of the last 4 if not for Stoops.

Georgia is the only game I see on their schedule as a definite loss. We need to add the last game back to that list again. It’s unfortunately gonna take time.

Really seeing why Scott did away with the spring game this year. Our boys need all the reps they can get

If they would have played FLA later last year thats a loss. FLA is back! Mullins needs 2 more recruiting cycles and he will give UGA everything they want.

Who called them Georgia?

They were two mistakes away from beating us 70-10 last season. Can’t underestimate them against their weak ass schedule next year. We are going to have to big play them for a shot at winning. Hate it but that’s just how it is now. This ain’t the early 2000s, they had upgraded everything about their program by coaching.

Maybe my new eyes give a fresh perspective. We are in for a tough season overall but I feel it’ll be better than last and provide a foundation for the future.

Reactions: ryanbruner
Who called them Georgia?

They were two mistakes away from beating us 70-10 last season. Can’t underestimate them against their weak ass schedule next year. We are going to have to big play them for a shot at winning. Hate it but that’s just how it is now. This ain’t the early 2000s, they had upgraded everything about their program by coaching.

Maybe my new eyes give a fresh perspective. We are in for a tough season overall but I feel it’ll be better than last and provide a foundation for the future.

We didn't punt against them the year before that. If anything last year should show us how quickly things can change.

I want to believe that, bro, but we also had a generational player at QB, at least 14 or 21 of our points came specifically from Jordan Jones third down stop penalties (thanks bro) and they still ran for like 300 yards on us.

We lost Lamar and it’s like we lost everything.

I need help, bro, I was so optimistic until I went to the film and that damn game. I still believe in scott but our man gonna need a lot of time.

PS Stoops dumb as hell for keeping Jones in that game. They stopped us on a few third downs that he promptly turned to first downs due to being out of control. Haha straight up dumb asses

Spring games don't really tell you much about a team. Think of them as freewheeling open practices that are supposed to impress recruits and give the local media something to talk about. Remember, UK's spring game offense whipped their (eventually top 10) defense last year too.

6-6 with the roster Kentucky has will be a disappointment. They have talented guys who have been waiting 2-3 years. I’ll say at worst they’re 7-5 but it could be another 10-3 season.

Their defense is absolute garbage.

Their depth isn’t what has been made out.

They are talented. Lot of guys that can run. They’re also big and strong on the line and the three running backs are all individually more talented than snell.

They had so much size and speed that it made us look like a damn FCS team by comparison.

All sports forums have strongly differing opinions, but they usually come from more than one poster.

Reactions: gobigblue812
So when did UK turn into Georgia? I’m not buying anything these newbies to the board are spewing.

This made me belly-laugh, seriously. LOL.

I'd love to see the Cards have a year like they did with Strong in year 1....6-6, improved morale, fighting in a bowl like it's the FBS playoffs. I'm still trying to figure out how last season happened.

If they would have played FLA later last year thats a loss. FLA is back! Mullins needs 2 more recruiting cycles and he will give UGA everything they want.

The late season Florida team that got drubbed by Missouri at home?

Fan hood aside, basing next season a on spring game is pretty dumb. The playbooks are never the same or disciplined, you can't hit everyone, the refereeing is nonexistent except for obvious calls, and the kicking game is staged and fake. The spring games roster are at least 20 players less than you will have come the season and there are always several players sitting out. In addition, kids who will never see the field in a regular season game get clock, so it's hilarious to me that anyone would really predict what any team would look like for an upcoming season based on that....

Reactions: MRobCat589
Very much grown up and well educated, bro, now walk on somewhere else while the grown ups talk football.

Agreed, bro, but size and talent stand out. Hate to say it but Stoops has built it the right way. I believe Scott will too but it’s gonna take time. Enjoy seeing our boys grinding at six am during my morning run. We have to be patient.

I know my eyes, bro. Put down the cardinal kool aid. I know it’s delicious but we’ve been put in a bad spot.

Was our roster closer to UKaaay or WKU in terms of talent last year? We had some athletes but we lose to WKU if not for Malik’s speed and it took UKaaay mistakes to keep from beating us 70-10. That’s just fact, bro.

Heart and desire is part of it but, bro, our defensive and line talent wasn’t there. I believe in Scott and think he’ll build us back to where we are used to but it’s gonna take time.

Reactions: SoulSr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT