ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Payne to the Knicks

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
Bozich's article was humorous, another whack piece wonder why that guy is employed. "Not even his alma mater" would give him the opportunity to be a HC. No kidding Bozo.

Bozich clearly underestimating the UofL program and showing how out of touch he is with that trash. A top flight program isn't giving the guy his 1st HC job. UofL ain't Vandy or Memphis, ok Bozo...

There are reasons programs didn't reach for Payne after being the LOL "good cop" to Calipari's "bad cop" wtf you'd think a UK fan wrote that!

Bozich seems REALLY LOST with what goes on in college basketball, who the powers are, and who aren't. None of Calipari's assistants are getting a sniff from a P5, why would that be?

The NBA IS the place for Payne to be to get an opportunity as a HC. Or maybe Indiana Bozo?

It was his first Head Coaching job. He was one of the main assistants on John Wooden's UCLA staff. In fact, many thought he would take over the UCLA job when it be came available. He learned a lot from the Hall of Fame coach. He was ready for Head Coaching job.

Bozich's article was humorous, another whack piece wonder why that guy is employed. "Not even his alma mater" would give him the opportunity to be a HC. No kidding Bozo.

Bozich clearly underestimating the UofL program and showing how out of touch he is with that trash. A top flight program isn't giving the guy his 1st HC job. UofL ain't Vandy or Memphis, ok Bozo...

There are reasons programs didn't reach for Payne after being the LOL "good cop" to Calipari's "bad cop" wtf you'd think a UK fan wrote that!

Bozich seems REALLY LOST with what goes on in college basketball, who the powers are, and who aren't. None of Calipari's assistants are getting a sniff from a P5, why would that be?

The NBA IS the place for Payne to be to get an opportunity as a HC. Or maybe Indiana Bozo?
Yell it was a typical slight at U of L as usual. I love Payne however he had chances to show what he could do by taking a mid level job just as most coaches do. Eaves is the one who started that self crusade to belittle U of L for not hiring Payne. Today i had to listen to Eaves just because i wanted to hear his take on Payne to the pros and as usual Eaves stated he told Payne to get out of college bb and go to the pros. What a pure uk homer douche Eaves has become.

And to be clear I like Kenny Payne. No problem with him coaching in Lexington. None.

Want him to do well.

The funny part to me was just Bozich's ice cold take on it all, and saying "Not even UofL" would give him a shot...as if UofL was a low ring program. That's all.

As X stated Payne didn't pay the dues at a mid-level like many others that have become HC's... yes there are examples of guys jumping right in though, for sure. But not at top 10 joints.

More to the point UofL is a top flight program now in the ACC, and Bozich doesn't seem to know that. Or he just doesn't like it. It's probably more that.

And to be clear I like Kenny Payne. No problem with him coaching in Lexington. None.

Want him to do well.

The funny part to me was just Bozich's ice cold take on it all, and saying "Not even UofL" would give him a shot...as if UofL was a low ring program. That's all.

As X stated Payne didn't pay the dues at a mid-level like many others that have become HC's... yes there are examples of guys jumping right in though, for sure. But not at top 10 joints.

More to the point UofL is a top flight program now in the ACC, and Bozich doesn't seem to know that. Or he just doesn't like it. It's probably more that.
Maybe Bozo’s favorite school in Bloomington will replace Archie “the paper boy” Miller with Payne at season’s end. Let’s see if he touts him for that opening. If he doesn’t Eaves may take away ole Bozo’s laptop!

Last edited:
With WWW and Kenny Payne both fine what will Cal do. He has already lost 2 major recruiting battles this could get interesting the next couple of years.

Now watch out guys - you’re going to piss off Jerry Eaves. Like anybody gives a big chit what Eaves thinks

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!

With WWW and Kenny Payne both fine what will Cal do. He has already lost 2 major recruiting battles this could get interesting the next couple of years.
Lost 2 recruiting battles? Mark Pope at BYU, Penny at Memphis, Barnes at Tennessee, one of their other targets chose Howard, even Mick Cronin at UCLA has stolen recruits from John. Of course if you talk with any of his disciples they will tell you that uk had already pulled their offers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT