ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Payne Speaks About UofL

As I said in another post, If PK has a winning season, which I believe he will, it is going to expose KP for the fraud he is. That's why Kelsey's Initials are the same two letters as Payne's, but in the opposite order. And boy are they opposites.

You’re really going to see how bad Kenny was after this next season when you see a great improvement in our team I’m hoping for 20 wins . Whatever basketball
Will be exciting again because we will have a team with some fight in it .and not a bunch of losers and a losing coaching staff that took us for a ride.

Reactions: mbcard
I use to like Kenny but now I despise him he is nothing but a loser wanting to point the finger at everyone else but himself for his lack of effort and inability to coach. Take responsibility for your pitiful self and your lazy ass staff.

He will always be the victim when it comes to his one head coaching job. As an assistant he catches zero heat or criticism. Cal is his protector. He doesn’t have to lead anything other than workouts.

I don’t know him but he is lying here. I can’t respect a guy for not owning mistakes it is the 1st thing leaders have to do because mistakes will be made. As a leader you will never fix mistakes without owning them. This was a classic example of this principle.

As I said in another post, If PK has a winning season, which I believe he will, it is going to expose KP for the fraud he is. That's why Kelsey's Initials are the same two letters as Payne's, but in the opposite order. And boy are they opposites.
He has already been exposed. All that talk about not being able to recruit for X reason was literally laid to waste in 2 months. 2. That is all it took for a real coach to completely overhaul the roster. Of course, that required something Kenny has rarely done as a player or coach. Hard work.

Payne is a delusional imbecile.
i was one who didn't think he deserved to be our coach, then fully got behind in, then fully got crushed when i'd hear him with paul rodgers and just the same old blah blah blah blame everyone else which no self awareness. actually quite depressing that leaders thought he'd be a leader. the worse thing to me was when i heard that he had to be convinced by purvis to come here. wtf? you had to be convinced so it was obvious he never wanted to be a head coach in the first place and he showed the reason why. he was truly incapable of being on, knew it, and then hid behind the blame game. i didn't think a coach could be worse than billy g, but wowzers. to see someone with zero clue is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Parody: "Kenny Payne LOST those games"....pity the Dumb players who bought into what the was selling, and they all pretty much moved onto other P5 schools in spite of him. Hope they all thrive and have good seasons to show it was Payne and not them who was the loser in all this.

Reactions: Deeva
i was one who didn't think he deserved to be our coach, then fully got behind in, then fully got crushed when i'd hear him with paul rodgers and just the same old blah blah blah blame everyone else which no self awareness. actually quite depressing that leaders thought he'd be a leader. the worse thing to me was when i heard that he had to be convinced by purvis to come here. wtf? you had to be convinced so it was obvious he never wanted to be a head coach in the first place and he showed the reason why. he was truly incapable of being on, knew it, and then hid behind the blame game. i didn't think a coach could be worse than billy g, but wowzers. to see someone with zero clue is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
All of those points were made by most of us who didn’t want him. And it was failure beyond anything I could have imagined.
I’m sure you made some of those very points

If I ever hear another person preface a conversation about him by saying “he’s a good guy” I think I’ll vomit. He’s a lying, delusional, lazy fool who treated his team and this job like $hit.
Bottom line, there was a reason he was never a head coach before getting the UL job. Kenny payne will never get another chance at a Power 5 school.

It was reported that when KP was considering taking the job Pervis Ellison tried hard to convince him not to take it. At the time I wondered what Pervis had against UL. Now I believe he tried to convince KP not to take it because he knew KP would be a disaster and he would end up looking like the buffoon that he is.

It was reported that when KP was considering taking the job Pervis Ellison tried hard to convince him not to take it. At the time I wondered what Pervis had against UL. Now I believe he tried to convince KP not to take it because he knew KP would be a disaster and he would end up looking like the buffoon that he is.
i had not heard that, thought was opposite, but searched online and saw Ty Spaulding tweeted about it. strange but i can see it

Actually, there were a lot of people who wanted KP to be our coach…many still do…. Of course, none of these people were/are Cardinal fans.

That’s some fragile ego talking there. Good Lord, just admit you were in over your head and people would respect you. How refreshing would that be?

That’s definitely in line with others in 2024. Never own up to anything.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Actually, there were a lot of people who wanted KP to be our coach…many still do…. Of course, none of these people were/are Cardinal fans.
The results of wayward and egregiously wrong agendas that have nothing to do with the ability to actually execute on the required job…theatre as old as time that continues to actually harm people of color and causes us to shake our heads in disbelief! Bottom line - hire me because I’m the best at what I do- not because the color of my skin places pressure on you to do and act on checking a box to satisfy a hiring quota that hurts ALL of us!

Reactions: rentalman
It's a huge problem in America with the DEI and ESG agendas. When merit is treated as privilege, there's going to be situations like KP, and as you correctly stated, this hurts people of color more than it helps them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT