ADVERTISEMENT

Just for fun.....

Oldham county, 87

This is the primary opening line in Ky when meeting someone new, God help them if they aren't from Ky

Providence High School
Class of 89

Bet I know a couple people in this thread. One I’d probably enjoy sharing a bourbon with. The other, not so much.

I don’t know if it is still true but I know it use to be that way. When I was in high school everyone wore their school colors whenever they went out. It was territorial and if you wore your colors in the wrong area people let you know.
Maybe they don’t do that anymore it might not be the fashionable thing to do now. During high school I worked on the river as a deckhand. I would work the harbor in downtown Louisville half a week and load cargo on the barges on the river off Dixie Hwy half a week. I lived in St. Matthews and the people in those 3 areas seemed culturally different.

I don’t believe the majority of kids have that strong allegiance to their high schools like we used to. Things changed that community/neighborhood feel.

I don’t know if it is still true but I know it use to be that way. When I was in high school everyone wore their school colors whenever they went out. It was territorial and if you wore your colors in the wrong area people let you know.
Maybe they don’t do that anymore it might not be the fashionable thing to do now. During high school I worked on the river as a deckhand. I would work the harbor in downtown Louisville half a week and load cargo on the barges on the river off Dixie Hwy half a week. I lived in St. Matthews and the people in those 3 areas seemed culturally different.

I was born in Louisville, grew up in Frankfort. I’ve lived in the Louisville Metro area for 22 years. The high school question is way up there when meeting new people. I work in the east end. The high school alums I’ve met the most during my time in Louisville: St X, PRP, and Trinity.

I was born in Louisville, grew up in Frankfort. I’ve lived in the Louisville Metro area for 22 years. The high school question is way up there when meeting new people. I work in the east end. The high school alums I’ve met the most during my time in Louisville: St X, PRP, and Trinity.

Never met a Creeker? ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT