ADVERTISEMENT

Just for fun part 2; Top ten greatest greatest UofL teams.

Kerry, I can't argue with you about the top 3. I think those are right, but that 75 team was one of my favorites and I don't see the 71-72 team on there anywhere. Can't forget about Jim Price, Henry Bacon, Mike Lawhon, and Ron Thomas.

Youre right about 72.
Unlike this year's team, they bought into the new Coach from California.

The new coach from California was a one of a kind. Took a team with 5 good seniors that had missed the tourney and went to a final 4 with someone else's players. They all graduated, he brought in a GREAT recruiting class and went 23-7 in year 2.

Pretty easy to buy into.

Here’s some irony. So most of us can agree the 1986 team was top 5 if not top 3. The 1985 team was literally the exact same team minus Pervis but included Manuel Forrest, who was a highly recruited player. The 1985 team was barely over .500. Of course losing Milt Wagner to injury was the factor but also one of the reasons we won it all the next year. My point is we’re judging these teams by how they finished, not necessarily the makeup of the players.

The 2nd five on anyone's list can be debated pretty hard.
I'd have to put the 2014 team in the conversation to go in there.
With Russ,Rozier,Harrel and Luke leading the way,they finished 31-6.
Knocked out in the sweet 16 in a game they were leading by almost 20, while Luke sat the bench (with 2 fouls) in the midst of possibly the best game of his life.
Shoulda,coulda,woulda,but they were really good.

They overachieved but the 2005 team deserves to be on any Top 10 UofL basketball list.

Most underrated- the 1977 team.

Most forgetful- the 1987 Cards.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
The 2nd five on anyone's list can be debated pretty hard.
I'd have to put the 2014 team in the conversation to go in there.
With Russ,Rozier,Harrel and Luke leading the way,they finished 31-6.
Knocked out in the sweet 16 in a game they were leading by almost 20, while Luke sat the bench (with 2 fouls) in the midst of possibly the best game of his life.
Shoulda,coulda,woulda,but they were really good.
Totally agree about the 2014 team. They hammered that year’s National Champions 3 times that season by double digits, including a 33 point whooping on Senior Day.

They were one of UofL’s best teams ever and if Behanen had not screwed up, they would have been back to back Champions.

Reactions: earsky and Cue Card
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT