ADVERTISEMENT

Joseph Stone Commits To Cards

I expect Louisville will be the recipient of a huge influx of talent, and the one reason that I believe that, is based on Jeff Brohm being perceived as sitting in a destination job.

UL has historically been a stepping stone job for its HCs, dating as far back to Lee Corso. Some, certainly not all, transfers are motivated to leave their respective schools as they see their Coaches with one foot out the door as well.

I doubt Louisville will ever recruit classes in the top 15. With transfer recruiting classes become harder to evaluate because the classes will be smaller and won’t be around 4 years.

Based off their performance in the portal this year they can evaluate talent. That will be the key for Louisville. They will have to grab guys that fit their systems.

I believe UL, under this Coaching staff can do both; gain from the portal as well as attracting exceptional HS talent. In fact, I believe UL has a great opportunity to find itself in the top 15 in HS recruiting, provided we can sustain this level of success in the ACC.

Stone’s defection from LSU serves as an indication of how HS recruits perceive this Brohm staff at UL. For the first time ever, opposing coaches cannot convince recruits that UL’s HC has plans on leaving for a better opportunity.

I agree 100% on the importance of stability in coaching staff. At the end of the day these are relationships and when players trust coaches it is a becomes contagious. It is really is visible when they play.

When our QB room matures, and River Boat Brohm is back, we could be insanely explosive. Just think if Jawar comes back.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Don't be shocked if Reuben Owens wants to be a Cardinal again. He has under 200 yards rushing for Texas A&M and just one TD. With Jimbo on the hot seat, Owens may be regretting changing his commitment from Louisville to A&M?

Looking at Louisville's success and Jordan likely moving on to the NFL, there's an opening if Brohm is interested.

Don't be shocked if Reuben Owens wants to be a Cardinal again. He has under 200 yards rushing for Texas A&M and just one TD. With Jimbo on the hot seat, Owens may be regretting changing his commitment from Louisville to A&M?

Looking at Louisville's success and Jordan likely moving on to the NFL, there's an opening if Brohm is interested.
Might have to get that 502 tatt re-drawn.

• Haha
Reactions: sccard and BPGhost
I also believe that quality running backs will take a closer look at Brohm and Co. Many RBs may have been a little “iffy” about CJB as he has been seen as a passing coach and not using the running game much. This season changes that. Add to this the awesomeness of our defense should attract good defensive players who want to join the party.

The future is so bright I have to wear my sunglasses!! 😎

I believe UL, under this Coaching staff can do both; gain from the portal as well as attracting exceptional HS talent. In fact, I believe UL has a great opportunity to find itself in the top 15 in HS recruiting, provided we can sustain this level of success in the ACC.

Stone’s defection from LSU serves as an indication of how HS recruits perceive this Brohm staff at UL. For the first time ever, opposing coaches cannot convince recruits that UL’s HC has plans on leaving for a better opportunity.
Stone having family in Louisville also helped U of L's cause.

Reactions: sccard
Great pickup. Stone had offers from every top 10 school except U Dub.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT