ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Nwora Sets Nigerian National Team Record

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Despite being easily the youngest player on the roster at 19-years-old, Nwora has been the top performer for the Nigeria national team this summer as the squad attempts to qualify for the FIBA World Cup.

In the Nigeria’s most recent game, a 93-53 win over Mali, Nwora poured in 36 points. That total marked the most points ever scored by a Nigerian player in a major tournament, surpassing former NBA player Ike Diogu’s 31-point mark.

Nwora’s play helped Nigeria cruise to a 6-0 record in the first round of World Cup qualifying. He will be back with Louisville when the second round of qualifying takes place in September.

Hmmmmmmm, I didn’t know that Nwora was of Nigerian descent. Perhaps someone could educate me on that situation. In any case, it sounds like he is playing lights out.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Despite being easily the youngest player on the roster at 19-years-old, Nwora has been the top performer for the Nigeria national team this summer as the squad attempts to qualify for the FIBA World Cup.

In the Nigeria’s most recent game, a 93-53 win over Mali, Nwora poured in 36 points. That total marked the most points ever scored by a Nigerian player in a major tournament, surpassing former NBA player Ike Diogu’s 31-point mark.

Nwora’s play helped Nigeria cruise to a 6-0 record in the first round of World Cup qualifying. He will be back with Louisville when the second round of qualifying takes place in September.
Great to hear. I look for Jordan to have a breakout year for the Cards. We saw glimpses last year of what he was physically capable of doing.

Reactions: shadow force
Hmmmmmmm, I didn’t know that Nwora was of Nigerian descent. Perhaps someone could educate me on that situation. In any case, it sounds like he is playing lights out.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

University of Louisville undergraduate and basketball star, Jordan Nwora has explained that he opted to represent Nigeria’s D’Tigers because of his love for his fatherland.
He admits that it’s a great feeling having the opportunity to play under his father Alex Nwora who is the coach of the team and represented Nigeria at the 2019 FIBA World Cup African qualifiers in Lagos
He also adds that the physicality of the African game has made him tough.
“It was a case of playing for Nigeria because I love the country. I have always played in African and Pan- African teams my whole life back in the State,s” Nwora told the Nigerian Basketball Federation media department.

Reactions: gocds
The thing that stands out to me is he's playing with older guys. Good to see.

Yeah I think that is a great experience for Jordan as well. Here's what he had to say about it.

Nwora hails team captain, Ike Diogu, Ben Uzoh and Jeleel Akindele whose experiences proved vital.

“They are all professionals, high level guys with high level characters. It’s been a great experience having had to take in a lot from them. They have a lot of experience when it comes to basketball, so playing with them, there is a lot of knowledge to be gained.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT