ADVERTISEMENT

John L. Smith Fired @ Kentucky State

Jun 10, 2005
Other than the leaving at halftime of our bowl game thing, I have always liked John L.

He’s obviously has remorse when it comes to UofL.

I’d like to see him on one of the local radio shows. He’d do a much better job than Billy Reed, Drew “Li’l Fella” Deener, Lochlame, or Swiney.

I think he has the personality for it. Any thoughts?

John L was having second thoughts on going to MSU, and the MSU people leaked it to the media at the bowl game to pressure him.

I like how it worked out.

He got a guaranteed chunk (at that time) of change ($10m IIRC).

And he left them in a bad way....

Other than the leaving at halftime of our bowl game thing, I have always liked John L.

I’d like to see him on one of the local radio shows. He’d do a much better job than Billy Reed, Drew “Li’l Fella” Deener, Lochlame, or Swiney.

He used to do local radio. I don’t know, maybe 10 years ago. He was good. I think he was on with Deener.

My favorite JLS moment was after beating the Mildcats in the rain delay game in 2000, he ripped Hal Mummy after Mums said that it was just another game and that “Louisville lives to beat us”.

John L told him to grow up and said that his Louisville team will have to play much better than they did against UK if they want to beat Grambling the next week. :D

Have another, John L....

ZanyExcitableEasternglasslizard-small.gif

My favorite JLS moment was after beating the Mildcats in the rain delay game in 2000, he ripped Hal Mummy after Mums said that it was just another game and that “Louisville lives to beat us”.

John L told him to grow up and said that his Louisville team will have to play much better than they did against UK if they want to beat Grambling the next week. :D
JLS always had a way of telling the Bluebellies where they were on the food chain.

At one time he was on a radio show here in town. And he was good. Enjoyed when he was on.

I wouldn't mind seeing him join the staff at UofL. He's a good coach. He could help.

No. We need to move forward. No retreads. Although I do like J. L. Smith just not coaching for us. To bad he didn’t get fired last year, we could have used him on Bobby’s staff

JLS always had a way of telling the Bluebellies where they were on the food chain.
I never under why Louisville fans call UK hillbilly. Everybody that lives in KY is considered a Hillbilly if you live in the state. I learned that the hard way when I joined the army. Somebody even asked if we wear shoes in KY.

I never under why Louisville fans call UK hillbilly. Everybody that lives in KY is considered a Hillbilly if you live in the state. I learned that the hard way when I joined the army. Somebody even asked if we wear shoes in KY.
True enough. I had a store clerk in NY ask me if I had teeth and a person in Eastern Ky ask if I knew anyone in big ceety Louisville that wasn’t a gay liberal.

I told them both, yes and to stay positive.

I liked John L when he coached us, although we had a lot of personal foul penalties, his teams were slightly undisciplined. He really pissed me off when he said, U of L fans need to realize where we are on the football food chain, on his way out. He got what he delivered for that comment, (still paying for it) karma is a bitch. Don't want him back as coach, maybe radio is his gig now??

Have you ever been to a Walmart outside Jefferson County?

I was in Prestonsburg, KY for work and went into the Walmart there. Not enough space to describe that adventure.

Reactions: American Male
John L was responsible for giving us the best 18 minutes in sports talk radio history.
It starts getting really good at the 8 minute mark..

Well, hell yes, he found his place in the college football food chain!
DifferentAggressiveGlowworm-small.gif

Reactions: CommodoreCard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT