ADVERTISEMENT

Jody Demling just reported Vince says he doesn't need any help...

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
...with the basketball hire. A guy with no credentials to be an AD doesn't need any help hiring a college coach.

I guess I am also qualified to do the job. And I'll work for a lot less than a million a year. Did I miss the deadline to apply?

tyra%20looking%20cold_zps4jaeloy4.jpg

He is probably right. How hard can it be? He only has a handful of potential candidates to ponder over.

Come to think of it, can I apply for that job myself? I'm sure I could hire the right guy, and I don't need a million bucks to do it either. Give me Jay Wright and a blank check. I'll make it happen. :D

Reactions: zipp and BPGhost
Just from my experience in this space, I seriously think Cue could a better job than our interim guy. And I hope that's not damning by faint praise!

Just from my experience in this space, I seriously think Cue could a better job than our interim guy. And I hope that's not damning by faint praise!
Then please ,please, please do us all a favor and find another team. You don't like our AD, you don't like our probable coach ....so just go and find another team man. Geez, or give it a rest. You seem like you have too many hops in that brain of yours and not enough lithium.

You say the same thing EVERY single day. There will literally be 5 posters left on this board because everyone is getting sick of reading the same damn thing from you day in and day out.

Go be a UK fan

Then please ,please, please do us all a favor and find another team. You don't like our AD, you don't like our probable coach ....so just go and find another team man. Geez, or give it a rest. You seem like you have too many hops in that brain of yours and not enough lithium.

You say the same thing EVERY single day. There will literally be 5 posters left on this board because everyone is getting sick of reading the same damn thing from you day in and day out.

Go be a UK fan
LOL. It's painfully obvious you don't understand zipp at all. He's playing you. He loves to instigate and jab and jab and jab to get under the skin of anyone who allows it. He's a true UofL fan to a fault (much like me in that regard) but make no mistake, he loves F'ing with people behind his keyboard because it's entertaining to him and because he CAN. Just don't let him get you spun up and you'll get along just fine with zipp. A internet message board is no place for people with thin skin. zipp knows that, and he has a cult following because of it. He even has some chuckle head now liking all his posts with a crude moniker claiming to be his dead mother. How F'ed up is that?

LOL. It's painfully obvious you don't understand zipp at all. He's playing you. He loves to instigate and jab and jab and jab to get under the skin of anyone who allows it. He's a true UofL fan to a fault (much like me in that regard) but make no mistake, he loves F'ing with people behind his keyboard because it's entertaining to him and because he CAN. Just don't let him get you spun up and you'll get along just fine with zipp. A internet message board is no place for people with thin skin. zipp knows that, and he has a cult following because of it. He even has some chuckle head now liking all his posts with a crude moniker claiming to be his dead mother. How F'ed up is that?
I can see Zipp is an Intelligent human being but to sit on here daily speaking negative of our probable AD and coach is stupid. God for bid any coaches or recruits read this crap.

Last edited:
I can see Zipp is an Intelligent human being but to sit on her daily speaking negative of our probable AD and coach is stupid. God for bid any coaches or recruits read this crap.
They probably are and it won't make any difference. Any coach or recruit who forms an opinion of a fan base with such a small sample is probably not the right coach or player to be a part of the UofL family anyway.

Just saying.

• Just a thought here, why be rude to each other? None of us will make the hire. Why not just watch the processes unfold? Your only options, if you do not like the coach are:
1) Do not buy the tickets.
2) Do not donate.
3) Do not attend the games.

Empty seats and reduced cash flow speaks volumes to the President, BOT and AD.!

...with the basketball hire. A guy with no credentials to be an AD doesn't need any help hiring a college coach.

I guess I am also qualified to do the job. And I'll work for a lot less than a million a year. Did I miss the deadline to apply?

tyra%20looking%20cold_zps4jaeloy4.jpg

Taking his inexperience as an AD out of the equation, I always thought it was useless and a waste to hire search firms or consultants. We're talking about hiring a basketball coach, not strategizing world peace.

Taking his inexperience as an AD out of the equation, I always thought it was useless and a waste to hire search firms or consultants. We're talking about hiring a basketball coach, not strategizing world peace.
Anyone can hire a basketball coach esp. a coach like Mack. It's about hiring the right basketball coach.

X, you've been around a while... How many eulogies did you witness far and wide about Jurich's ability to find coaches? How easy must that job be? You think a guy with no AD credentials can just hit the ground running?

I agree with you about spending big money for a search process that's just for show. But not because legit ability to do that isn't needed. It was just a circus the way we were staging it.

But hey, we've got a genius already in the job! So it was money wasted for a different reason!! :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Vestavia57
Cue Card is 100% correct on Zipp. He is the puppet master that loves to pull the strings that make so many dance. And he enjoys it.

Reactions: zipp
Apparently Chapman wasn’t around here prior/during/after the Yum went down. No pun intended.

Reactions: zipp
A former collegiate baseball player who played for our biggest rival and has little or no AD experience is going to hire our next basketball coach. What could go wrong?

Nice touch J Mac we are laughing!
It’s hard to believe we were winning a National Championship 5 years ago and now we’re down to this.

Zipp,

What's the end game for you buddy? Jurich isn't coming back. Tyra is gonna hire Chris Mack who is without a doubt the most viable candidate. You gonna move on or stop being a fan? Not many choices now.

Reactions: Chapman123
Zipp,

What's the end game for you buddy? Jurich isn't coming back. Tyra is gonna hire Chris Mack who is without a doubt the most viable candidate. You gonna move on or stop being a fan? Not many choices now.
One-post guy, I've been here 17 years--thanks for asking. And God and Jack Coffee willing, I hope to be here 17 more.

As much as that pains some to hear... :(

One-post guy, I've been here 17 years--thanks for asking. And God and Jack Coffee willing, I hope to be here 17 more.

As much as that pains some to hear... :(

Thought Jack Coffee retired. Figured you'd follow suit. Still no answer to my question, though. You did, however, answer a question that I didn't ask (also quite strange).

Thought Jack Coffee retired. Figured you'd follow suit. Still no answer to my question, though. You did, however, answer a question that I didn't ask (also quite strange).

He answered the question, I thought. You asked the endgame - he stated he's been a fan for 17 years and that ain't changing.

At least I thought that's what he was implying.

Maybe not, Z?

He answered the question, I thought. You asked the endgame - he stated he's been a fan for 17 years and that ain't changing.

At least I thought that's what he was implying.

Maybe not, Z?
I can't predict the future although I enjoy trying! What I plan is to be here a long time watching and discussing stuff play out. Current events are only important in the present...

Put another way... If you think I'm running off to hide depending on how things play out, you're probably mistaken.

And that's true on any subject...

So continue to be mad at everything and everyone. I'm not sure why that's helpful when a new chapter is here. Just don't understand it.

He's a contrarian and he likes to point out the not so obvious sides of debate. That doesn't make Z miserable, it makes him a guy that takes a hard look at all topics and he provides alotta insight.

Reactions: zipp and Cue Card
ADVERTISEMENT