ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Eaves on U of L BB scandal

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
Jerry Eaves made some serious statements regarding the U of L BB program this morning on a radio show on 104.7 called saturday morning solutions its not a sports show more of a public issue type show . He stated that he was informed by BB associates at least two years before the Adidas scandal broke that U of L's name was out in BB circles as cheating. And when he learned of this info from reliable people he made attempts to relay this to people at U of L and they just brushed him off.

I can see the part about U of L name being out their because that coincides pretty much with Jordan Fair time frame of being hired also. Who knows it's all water under the bridge now. But if what Jerry is stating that is very disturbing that maybe this situation could have been avoided and with Rick never ever embracing former Cardinals i could see him blowing Eaves off if it was Rick .Firm beleiver where theirs smoke theirs fire

Reactions: shep21754
Jerry Eaves made some serious statements regarding the U of L BB program this morning on a radio show on 104.7 called saturday morning solutions its not a sports show more of a public issue type show . He stated that he was informed by BB associates at least two years before the Adidas scandal broke that U of L's name was out in BB circles as cheating. And when he learned of this info from reliable people he made attempts to relay this to people at U of L and they just brushed him off.

I can see the part about U of L name being out their because that coincides pretty much with Jordan Fair time frame of being hired also. Who knows it's all water under the bridge now. But if what Jerry is stating that is very disturbing that maybe this situation could have been avoided and with Rick never ever embracing former Cardinals i could see him blowing Eaves off if it was Rick .Firm beleiver where theirs smoke theirs fire
Except Fair was named an assistant coach in March, 2016.

Eaves is a blowhard who has harbored a grudge against Jurich and pitino for better than a decade. Why didn’t he go to the BOT if the athletic department blew him off?

Eaves is a blowhard who has harbored a grudge against Jurich and pitino for better than a decade. Why didn’t he go to the BOT if the athletic department blew him off?
Exactly. His lie is easy to see thru. If he was so sure, he could have made it known. He's just full of it.

Agree 100%

Exactly. His lie is easy to see thru. If he was so sure, he could have made it known. He's just full of it.
Is his lie as easy to see thru as Pitino knowing NOTHING about multiple scandals? Very much so with the recent report acknowledging that Pitino did know about everything that was going on and was even involved. But aye Pitino and him passing a lie detector test which is a very flawed way of proving innocence especially with a habitual liar hooked up to it, that is much more believable than the FBI if you ask me. People who still believe and defend a man that drove a once very proud program to the ground is just sad and the delusion has reached a point of utter nauseam, it's as if some truly believe the garbage spewing out of Rick 'feel sorry for me' pitino's mouth every time he talks. If he said he wrote the Bible some here would believe it.

Even though very flawed I'm not even inclined to believe he took a lie detector test is there a recording of this or did he just walk into a room with papers saying this confirms I passed a lie detector test? Even if he did pass though it means absolutely nothing and without people seeing recordings of the test it could be very easily lied about.

Now feel free to ban me for not sharing your all's Pitino is innocent and you're dumb if you think otherwise opinion. Only here do people get axed for not agreeing with the consensus.

Last edited:
Reactions: shep21754
Is his lie as easy to see thru as Pitino knowing NOTHING about multiple scandals? Very much so with the recent report acknowledging that Pitino did know about everything that was going on and was even involved. But aye Pitino and him passing a lie detector test which is a very flawed way of proving innocence especially with a habitual liar hooked up to it, that is much more believable than the FBI if you ask me. People who still believe and defend a man that drove a once very proud program to the ground is just sad and the delusion has reached a point of utter nauseam, it's as if some truly believe the garbage spewing out of Rick 'feel sorry for me' pitino's mouth every time he talks. If he said he wrote the Bible some here would believe it.

Even though very flawed I'm not even inclined to believe he took a lie detector test is there a recording of this or did he just walk into a room with papers saying this confirms I passed a lie detector test? Even if he did pass though it means absolutely nothing and without people seeing recordings of the test it could be very easily lied about.

Now feel free to ban me for not sharing your all's Pitino is innocent and you're dumb if you think otherwise opinion. Only here do people get axed for not agreeing with the consensus.
Normally I wouldn't feed a troll, but what the hell. Trolls need to eat too.

Not defending Pitino. Just saying Eaves is a liar. If he really had any type of proof of what was going on, he would have been the first to expose it seeing how he's been pretty butt hurt for over a decade now regarding Pitino and Jurich. He's a snowflake, pretty much like you are which makes me think that just maybe I'm speaking to Eaves himself.

You are welcome. Hope you're full because I won't be feeding you any more.

I do not believe a word Pitino says and I have mentioned before that cheating would be the perfect reason to keep former players away from the program.

Who really really cares what you think?!? Your posts have zero worth to me! You know nothing and never will. Get your life!

So is it Rick or Jerry suing the university?
pitino is suing the university - eaves is slandering the university. Only the most simple (or craven) would somehow think that pointing out that eaves’ story is a crock of shit is somehow celebrating pitino.

Which are you?

pitino is suing the university - eaves is slandering the university. Only the most simple (or craven) would somehow think that pointing out that eaves’ story is a crock of shit is somehow celebrating pitino.

Which are you?

Slandering the university because he heard Rick was cheating 2 years ago? And come to find out, Rick was cheating. Sounds legit.

Reactions: lonnie boyd
Slandering the university because he heard Rick was cheating 2 years ago? And come to find out, Rick was cheating. Sounds legit.
So simple and craven - got it.

Loved Eaves the player but Eaves the decade long disgruntled ex-player? Not so much. To people that have followed the situation for the last 25 years - they know that Eaves has an axe to grind. How super convenient that he spills this story now - with no corroboration or verifiable fact. Who told Eaves that UofL was cheating two years ago? What specifically was he told that UofL was doing two years ago that would constitute cheating? Did it have anything to do with adidas? What sort of verification did Eaves do about the information? Who specifically did he tell within the university? Those are just the easiest of the multiple questions that his years old, third hand account raise.

I get why you're focused here though. It keeps your pea brain from thinking about the feds scooping up fat, sweaty cal for his fat, sweaty misdeeds...

This thread is priceless. Who disses a UL all-time great? Smdh
You're a yut I take it.

I seem to recall several threads from big hillbilly nation calling rex chapman a POS (and much, much worse) for reporting right before the final four, that he heard that sweaty cal taking an nba job was a "done deal". Is Chapman not an all-time yut great? Hell, if he - or some other ex-yut player - came out and said that they heard that cow was (still) cheating - hillbilly nation would burn their damn house down.

You're a yut I take it.

I seem to recall several threads from big hillbilly nation calling rex chapman a POS (and much, much worse) for reporting right before the final four, that he heard that sweaty cal taking an nba job was a "done deal". Is Chapman not an all-time yut great? Hell, if he - or some other ex-yut player - came out and said that they heard that cow was (still) cheating - hillbilly nation would burn their damn house down.
Dead on.

Anyone remember Rex getting his car vandalized and his family name trashed by some of the finest rednecks in the UKay fan base for daring to date someone who wasn’t white? I do too and it wasn’t just fans, it was administrators as well. I worked with his 1st cousin for a long time and the stories are downright awful but not surprising.

The fact of the matter is that nobody on here is defending Rick Pitino. Jerry Eaves’ thin skin along with his own failures in the coaching profession made him resentful and jealous of his alma mater.

Nice to see numbnut UKay fans coming here to moralize about the man that drug their scandal ridden basketball program from the trash and took it to the top. Also not surprising. When Rick Pitino was in Lexington, those no lifers obsessed over the man to the point of knowing what deodorant he used.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/news/story?id=2061773

Jerry Eaves, at one time was one of my favorite Cards. I will never forget the move he put on Dave Meyers in the 1980 Championship Game that might have proved vital to The UL victory.

I am sorry for him that his basketball career ended so early and his coaching career just never seemed to materialize.

Wish him the best with his radio gig. It is pretty obvious he depends on the Matt Jones audience to boost his ratings and keep that ad revenue trickling in, since his talk show follows Matt's KSR Program each day. Cat fans like nothing more than hearing an ex UL star constantly trashing the Louisville coaches and administration. Jerry has quite the BBN following.

I cannot think of a past UL player that is rejoicing more and benefitting more in Louisville's current demise than Jerry Eaves.

Makes you wonder if Jerry's teammates and the other UL athletes, administrators and fans share his joy???

Truth is Jerry was always bitter UK didn’t recruit him more. I honestly believe that’s where he wanted to be in the first place.

So simple and craven - got it.

Loved Eaves the player but Eaves the decade long disgruntled ex-player? Not so much. To people that have followed the situation for the last 25 years - they know that Eaves has an axe to grind. How super convenient that he spills this story now - with no corroboration or verifiable fact. Who told Eaves that UofL was cheating two years ago? What specifically was he told that UofL was doing two years ago that would constitute cheating? Did it have anything to do with adidas? What sort of verification did Eaves do about the information? Who specifically did he tell within the university? Those are just the easiest of the multiple questions that his years old, third hand account raise.

I get why you're focused here though. It keeps your pea brain from thinking about the feds scooping up fat, sweaty cal for his fat, sweaty misdeeds...

Why haven't the Feds scooped up fat sweaty Cal? My pea brain wants to comprehend your analysis. And why would Jerry Eaves have an axe to grind with UofL for 25 years? Fill us in.

Not sure you can blast Eaves not this topic. Looks to me like he was looking out for the program, but blown off. He is not the first person to come out and say they have been treated poorly by the TJ or Pitino. In all those cases you can not say they are out for them. There is only one common denominator and that is TJ and Pitino.

Why haven't the Feds scooped up fat sweaty Cal? My pea brain wants to comprehend your analysis. And why would Jerry Eaves have an axe to grind with UofL for 25 years? Fill us in.
1. Matter of time
2. Re-read my post more slowly.
3. Not my job to educate yuts on UofL related matters but, if you read (again S-L-O-W-L-Y) some of the other posts in this thread, even a pea brain like yourself should be able to piece some of it together.

Which are you?

I choose "craven". "Simple" I leave for you.

Not sure you can blast Eaves not this topic. Looks to me like he was looking out for the program, but blown off. He is not the first person to come out and say they have been treated poorly by the TJ or Pitino. In all those cases you can not say they are out for them. There is only one common denominator and that is TJ and Pitino.

Uh, that's, that...that is 2 common denominators....

LOL! As a player, Eaves rode Griffith's and Derek Smith's jocks. And he keeps getting reminded he can't coach...

Wow just wow. A man who gave his blood and tears , from practice to games for this University. And you in a small comment trash it. Just wow. You really think Griffin didn't benefit from this mans commitment and hard work? Just wow in this day and time a keyboard guy like yourself can squash what this man has done for UL. That man has done more this this program in 5min then you have your entire life. Your comments scream sadness, jealousy, envy and most of all trashy. You may not agree with the mans opinions today. But. What he sacrificed and gave to UL is off limits for someone like you. Who has given nothing on the level as this man. Just sad.

Reactions: awf and oldsports_
For whatever reason Eaves is what is sad, he has had a burr up his butt for years toward UL. He has done nothing but criticize and denigrate UL athletics to the media.

What his beef is I don’t know, but all the good he did in the 80’s has been wiped away by his negative comments and attitude toward our program.

Last edited:
Shortcreek not sure a guy who has added to your rafters and your success at the highest level, should be cast out because he seen things in the program he loved going the wrong way. Not to mention. The bridges TJ and RP clearly burned when coming in. Lets be honest. In sure DC and his staff and past players will not jump to the defense of TJ and RP. Hell go ask DC wife how she feels about TJ. So you just trash them and ignore all they did for this University? Sounds a little over the top to me.

Last edited:
Shortcreek not sure a guy who has added to your rafters and your success...
"YOUR rafters and YOUR success" tells me all I need to know about slapd!ck 2000.

And here's another one...

Impeccable%20Standards_zpszp4kdswz.jpg

Wow just wow. A man who gave his blood and tears , from practice to games for this University. And you in a small comment trash it. Just wow. You really think Griffin didn't benefit from this mans commitment and hard work? Just wow in this day and time a keyboard guy like yourself can squash what this man has done for UL. That man has done more this this program in 5min then you have your entire life. Your comments scream sadness, jealousy, envy and most of all trashy. You may not agree with the mans opinions today. But. What he sacrificed and gave to UL is off limits for someone like you. Who has given nothing on the level as this man. Just sad.
You lost me at Griffin? Who’s that? Don’t pretend to know something about our program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT