ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Capel is Pitt's new HC.

Pitt was a great pick up for the ACC. Big market and Pitt presents no threat to the old line ACC programs. Sort of like the Big 10 picking up Rutgers and Maryland, two other suck programs, to tap into their big market areas.

This is a great hire for everyone not named Pitt. JC was lead recruiter for Dook. Without him it will go back down some. However, with you all having make now, this benefits a lot of teams around here. Including UK, UofL etc. I don’t think he’s gonna pull to much elite talent to Pitt. It could be offset by PH at Memphis though. Until they figure out he can’t coach........

I can't believe I didn't know PH meant Penny, pretty bad. I am curious to see if Penny can coach at this level he knows the game and he has plenty of local talent to start with.

Reactions: CardsFirst
I can't believe I didn't know PH meant Penny, pretty bad. I am curious to see if Penny can coach at this level he knows the game and he has plenty of local talent to start with.
My bad I should have just went ahead and spelled it out, but I was being lazy. I’m with you on the coaching. I think he’ll need to surround himself with people who know the logistics of it all. But even with that, coaching AAU and college is two different ends. I do think for the first couple of years though he will rob UofL, UK, etc. of some damn good players.

I don't know, he doesn't have any track record to go by. I almost think he will stay local the first couple of years and then try and go national. I think he is going to have to show recruits he can coach at this level.

I think Capel did pretty well at Oklahoma and VCU when he was a head coach there. He certainly can recruit and has already pulled in a couple of Rivals 150 players upon his arrival. Not bad for only 3 months on the job.

Reactions: nccardfan
I think Capel did pretty well at Oklahoma and VCU when he was a head coach there. He certainly can recruit and has already pulled in a couple of Rivals 150 players upon his arrival. Not bad for only 3 months on the job.

I hope the Steelers lose every *&()*(&)*(& game ever. As much as I don't like the Ravens, thank God they drafted him instead of Pittsburgh. I'll be rooting against Lamar in Baltimore, I would have had to disown him at Pittsburgh.

ADVERTISEMENT