ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Brohm

Weeellllll, 1 minute before half at 50 and plays for field goal with 3 timeouts left instead of pushing the ball for TD. 10 left in fourth and run run. It worked but I would have liked to see aggression to the end.
I don't have a strong opinion about the approach at the end of the half. If we're being honest his QB isn't playing well if ND is giving the short routes getting 3 points is big there the way the UofL defense was playing.

He for sure did the correct thing with 10 min to go at that point the clock is a major factor and the best plays were from Jordan all night so no problem giving it to him. He decided to take the ball out of Plummer's hands really and since he beat ND by a couple scores it looks like good strategy to me.

My guess is in the future if he has a better QB you might see more aggression in these type of scenarios but looks to me like he's playing to the strength of his personnel and game flow.

Anyway my post was more about the big picture but I enjoy all opinions.

My only complaint was putting Conley in to run the ball, everyone knew he was going to run it so it was not going to work. If you want to catch the opponent off guard put Conley in and let him hand it off or pass it. I guarantee you our opponent wouldn’t be expecting that.

I too have seen Jeff execute some “run the clock out mentality”, not just last night, but saw it at NCST. In truth, it’s very smart football, as the point of playing the game is to win, and using what the HC thinks is the most effective way to get there is based on his managing the game.

Some criticized Brohm for having selected Ron English to head up his defense, but Jeff not only demonstrated confidence in Ron, I think Jeff knew all week that our DL quickness was going to produce problems for ND’s OL to protect Hartman. While it is true, ND got that one last score, and recovered the onside Kick; there was insufficient time for ND a to pull it out. The pressure on Hartman‘s last TD pass was a credit to Sam. Some will question Hartman, but those who follow ND football will attest to the fact that no football team has enjoyed that much success over-powering an Irish OL.

I’m hearing good things he’s doing at Purdue. Hopefully we can lure him home if we ever have an opening, but it looks like Satterfield will be a lifer here at Louisville.

Update: I’m just hearing Satterfield may be listening to an offer from somebody else. This is stunning news; I’m just praying we can find a decent replacement of he decides to abandon us. Sadly, I have zero confidence in our clown show of an administration in keeping a quality coach like Satterfield or luring a quality coach here to Louisville. 😢

Update #2: I’m now hearing I’ve apparently been living under a rock for the past year; that Satterfield paid US $1 million bucks to leave for Cincy, that Jeff Brohm DID accept an offer to come home to Louisville, we are currently 6-0 and ranked #14 nationally. So, yeah…I’m ok with this crazy turn of events. Go Cards! Go Coach Brohm! 🙌

Last edited:
Build the statue already...

Per fan policy, at least a 20 year tenure is required for a statue.

A) Special circumstances

More than one National Championship, however, special approval is needed.

We will grant 1 additional vacation day per year for each top 10 opponent that the team defeats throughout your tenure not to exceed 10 days total.

Thanks,

MGMT

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT