ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Brohm + Wife Home in West La La

Is West Virginia "an actual football school?"

I mean that honestly? Do people consider WVU a football school? I don't consider WVU any kind of school...they're just a one of those programs thats always kind of mediocre in basketball and football.

I agree that UL fans were in the same boat when it came to Charlie....what I don't agree with is an apples to apples comparison of the situations. You're comparing Charlie leaving a then AAC level program for one of the biggest jobs in college football to Jeff Brohm - a lifelong Louisvillian with generations of connections to the program and city leaving a job that while not a dumpster fire type of job is still unarguably one of the worst 10 P5 jobs in college football for a ACC job at the college he played and coached at and that is without a shadow of a doubt a better job and program than Purdue AND he would make more money doing it.

- Alumni of program
- Grew up in city
- Better program in every way aside from having to deal with Clemson every year.
- More money

So forgive us Louisville fans if we scoff at the idea that Jeff Brohm might seriously consider taking the Louisville job.

Worst 10 P5 job? Better program in every way? The delusion is strong in you.

I'm slow I guess, but what exactly did the Super Bowl MVP award do for PU?

How many NC's did the MVP's win for PU?

I think we're tied in that category.

The Big 12 is a joke. So glad we didn't get into that shit conference. That whole conference will blow up in the next 10 years.

Yeah, I mean why would you as a basketball school want to play in a strong football conference? I know it still stings that you were overlooked by the Big 12 and had to get Franklin the Turtle to intervene to try and and sabotage our invite. Oh, and we make significantly more money from our TV deal than the ACC.

I really like being in the Big 12 regardless of the travel. Also, our conference schools’ fans have class and don’t have an inferiority complex like UL and Pitt fans.

Lol. You guys would jump ship in a NY second if you guys got an invite to the ACC; which by the way you won’t.

Lol. You guys would jump ship in a NY second if you guys got an invite to the ACC; which by the way you won’t.

The only reason you got an ACC invite is because we were already locked into the grant of rights when Maryland announced they were leaving the conference.

Worst 10 P5 job? Better program in every way? The delusion is strong in you.

Just going by fan/media perception.

There are 65 P5 jobs in the country and right now as of 2018, 247.com ranked Purdue 55 out of 65 and Louisville 28th.

https://247sports.com/Article/247Sports-ranks-Power-5-college-coaching-jobs-Nos-55-46-51285689/

I'm strictly talking about the programs status as of right now. Not their history. Obviously Purdue has a longer more prestigious history than Louisville. But if we look at the last 20-25 years I don't think its rude or or out line to say that that during the bulk of everyone's life currently on this board, Louisville has been a far superior and relevant program. I personally don't ever remember Purdue being nationally relevant. I mean Louisville has a Heisman winner, multiple game days, 2 BCS bowls, multiple prime time game slots etc.

Obviously Purdue has a more prestigious past, but if we're talking about the last 30 years....I dont think you'll find a person outside of Indiana that would say Louisville isn't a drastically better job than Purdue right now.

The only reason you got an ACC invite is because we were already locked into the grant of rights when Maryland announced they were leaving the conference.
For all of the talk about being happy to be in the big 12, that sure seems like some serious lingering butt hurt. Think about all of the frequent flier miles that you would have missed out on if the mountainqueers had gotten into the ACC (spoiler alert - they wouldn't ever have) rather than become another school that says "how high" when texas tells you to jump.

Shit, uconn would have gotten the invite before you trashy hillbillies.

With 1 billion million trillion percent sincerity I say to you West Virginia University......Thank You from the bottom of this Louisville's fans heart for taking that Big 12 spot and forcing Louisville to "end up" in the ACC.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
There are 65 P5 jobs in the country and right now as of 2018, 247.com ranked Purdue 55 out of 65 and Louisville 28th.

https://247sports.com/Article/247Sports-ranks-Power-5-college-coaching-jobs-Nos-55-46-51285689/

I'm strictly talking about the programs status as of right now.I dont think you'll find a person outside of Indiana that would say Louisville isn't a drastically better job than Purdue right now.
Calling Bulls**t. You've cited an article from Feb 2017. Brohm had not even moved into his new home yet? Clearly the perceptions and analysis of preferred head coaching jobs have drastically changed in the last 18 months. It would not surprise me if the rankings you cited are reversed as of today...

Calling Bulls**t. You've cited an article from Feb 2017. Brohm had not even moved into his new home yet? Clearly the perceptions and analysis of preferred head coaching jobs have drastically changed in the last 18 months. It would not surprise me if the rankings you cited are reversed as of today...

So am I to understand that you think one 7 win season and your current 4-3 record have somehow changed the perception of Purdue football over the last 30 years?

That people have forgotten the Purdue that has gone 22-60 in the Big Ten over the last 10 years? No doubt things have improved but you're saying you are of the opinion that by Jeff Brohm going 11-9 over the last year and a half that somehow that's vaulted Purdue up the ladder of programs 20 or 30 spots? That people have somehow lost the memories of Purdue not being ranked during any of the current recruits lifetime?

I'm just trying to get a gauge where you're at. Because there's a difference between defending your program and failing to acknowledge the real world.

I've been a Louisville fan for 25 years but I have no illusions that its the best job in the country or that there aren't a number of jobs above it....but Purdue isn't one of them.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Purdue had not even broken ground on new $65 mil football complex in early 2017 nor initiated physical stadium improvements at that point. Hell yes .....Purdue is a higher profile coaching destination, as you say "right now"

So am I to understand that you think one 7 win season and your current 4-3 record have somehow changed the perception of Purdue football over the last 30 years?

That people have forgotten the Purdue that has gone 22-60 in the Big Ten over the last 10 years? No doubt things have improved but you're saying you are of the opinion that by Jeff Brohm going 11-9 over the last year and a half that somehow that's vaulted Purdue up the ladder of programs 20 or 30 spots? That people have somehow lost the memories of Purdue not being ranked during any of the current recruits lifetime?

I'm just trying to get a gauge where you're at. Because there's a difference between defending your program and failing to acknowledge the real world.

I've been a Louisville fan for 25 years but I have no illusions that its the best job in the country or that there aren't a number of jobs above it....but Purdue isn't one of them.
Exactly....when we have a coach and the purdue job comes open in any sport NEVER EVER in my lifetime have I thought to myself or worried ....is Purdue coming to poach one our coaches...ever! On the other hand, obviously you guys are nervous...you know hes leaving whether it be here, OSU, NFL or anywhere. MOST places are better than Purdue. Hell...our most hated in state rival is a bigger program than Purdue

For the record this post is full of errors and mistakes.

Within the last 30 years Purdue was in the Rose Bowl. Most of these kids are 18 correct? Well Purdue was #5 in the country in 2004.

You didn’t get a single fact correct. Amazing as that sounds.

For the record this post is full of errors and mistakes.

Within the last 30 years Purdue was in the Rose Bowl. Most of these kids are 18 correct? Well Purdue was #5 in the country in 2004.

You didn’t get a single fact correct. Amazing as that sounds.

In 2004 Purdue finished the season 7-5 and unranked. They went to the Rose Bowl in 2000 as an 8 win team.

Over the last 30 years Purdue has had 11 winning seasons and 19 losing seasons.

They've won 2 or fewer Big 10 games 11 times over the last 30 years and have 6 seasons where they only won 1 or none.

They haven't had a winning season in the Big 10 since 2003.

They've only had 4 winning seasons in the Big 10 in the last 30 years.

Purdue is 90-147-3 in the Big 10 over the last 30 years.

Purdue has won 10 games or more once (1979) but they've lost 10 or more games 3 times (all 3 since 1993)

Last edited:
In 2004 Purdue finished the season 7-5 and unranked. They went to the Rose Bowl in 2000 as an 8 win team. We

Over the last 30 years Purdue has had 11 winning seasons and 19 losing seasons.

They've won 2 or fewer Big 10 games 11 times over the last 30 years and have 6 seasons where they only won 1 or none.

They haven't had a winning season in the Big 10 since 2003.

They've only had 4 winning seasons in the Big 10 in the last 30 years.

Purdue is 90-147-3 in the Big 10 over the last 30 years.

Purdue has won 10 games or more once (1979) but they've lost 10 or more games 3 times (all 3 since 1993)
Least you got a couple of facts right.

For all of the talk about being happy to be in the big 12, that sure seems like some serious lingering butt hurt. Think about all of the frequent flier miles that you would have missed out on if the mountainqueers had gotten into the ACC (spoiler alert - they wouldn't ever have) rather than become another school that says "how high" when texas tells you to jump.

Shit, uconn would have gotten the invite before you trashy hillbillies.

Thanks BP couldn’t have said it better myself

Reactions: BPGhost
Guys did I tell you all how much I love riding my unicycle around town? The up and down motion feels so nice.
Up and down and down and up. Over and over again.
Did I my unicycle has no seat?

Last edited:
We play in a football-first conference with excellent basketball as well. We are in the same conference as two of the most storied football programs of all time. We make significantly more money than the ACC and Pac 12. We are putting a ton of money into upgrading athletic facilities. I guess I’d like to be in the ACC due to proximity and old rivalries. It would also give us a chance to smack around your Metro Conference football squad and further widen the gap in the all time series.

UL is a trash university with 0 class. You hired Bobby Petrino not once, but twice. You employed Slick Rick Pitino and he got your title stripped and now your program is the punchline of jokes on college basketball recruiting violations. You employed Tom Jurich who hired and oversaw all of this misconduct and touted him as the best AD in the country. I trust Oliver Luck and he stated that. that the ACC reached out when Maryland announced it was leaving, but there was no way we could get out of the Big 12 if we wanted to. The Carolina mafia actually wanted UConn, but FSU and Clemson said absolutely not.

Eff off clown

Sometimes I lie awake at night and then turn to my sister/cousin/wife and ask her What do you call an incestuous nephew?

She says What?

I says.....An aunteater.

WVUtotheBig12 said:
You can’t use complex words with these commuter school fans.

Lol - there are many schools that can throw shade at UofL’s academic standing - the university of the fighting mountainqueers is not one of those schools.

I think I just heard UT telling you to get them a beer - you’d better scurry back to your your master.

We play in a football-first conference with excellent basketball as well. We are in the same conference as two of the most storied football programs of all time. We make significantly more money than the ACC and Pac 12. We are putting a ton of money into upgrading athletic facilities. I guess I’d like to be in the ACC due to proximity and old rivalries. It would also give us a chance to smack around your Metro Conference football squad and further widen the gap in the all time series.

UL is a trash university with 0 class. You hired Bobby Petrino not once, but twice. You employed Slick Rick Pitino and he got your title stripped and now your program is the punchline of jokes on college basketball recruiting violations. You employed Tom Jurich who hired and oversaw all of this misconduct and touted him as the best AD in the country. I trust Oliver Luck and he stated that the ACC reached out when Maryland announced it was leaving, but there was no way we could get out of the Big 12 even if we wanted to. The Carolina mafia actually wanted UConn, but FSU and Clemson said absolutely not.

Yep, West Va is all class, they were the fan base that booed Patrick Henry Hughes at our halftime presentation because they were upset their banjos and jug band couldn’t play at halftime. PHH is blind and in a wheelchair BTW....

West Va is all class so much so Louisville didn’t bring cheerleaders to our last game in Morgantown because 4 were hit by batteries thrown by your fan base the previous trip to that sh!thole.

You seem like a very angry person. Maybe another trip to Ames, Iowa will soothe ya broken butt hurt self.

Reactions: CardsFirst
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT