ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Brohm + Wife Home in West La La

I like the fact that Jeff's agents are from Louisville and they are big Louisville fans. If Tyra is a half decent AD at all he has already made a list of possible candidates. I know Jurich had a list of replacements for all his coaches in all sports. The list kept him ahead of the game in case a coach didn't work out or a coach left early.

Home is where the heart wants to live. Jeff has always wanted to be Louisville's head coach. Moore will transfer to Louisville also.

brohm.jpg

I don't want to rub salt in Purdue fans wounds. I mean this sucks for them, this has been happening to us in football for 30 years. It sucks, there's just no other way around it.

However if you're a Purdue fan over here making instigating posts telling us why Jeff Brohm will never leave Purdue for Louisville then you can just save it. Your best hope right now is to just hope Bobby Petrino comes out of this bye week with a new mentality and this team plays lights out for the next 5 games. Your best bet is that Petrino gives Tyra enough forward momentum to think about keeping him, because if he doesn't....I mean, Brohm will be Louisville next head coach. There's no other way around that. In fact I don't think Petrino will be fired until Tyra has an agreement in place with Jeff that's ready to roll.

Last edited:
What I see from that video is a coach, players and fans excited about a victory over the #2 ranked team in the country - as well they should be. I'm not sure why you think that you can extrapolate that euphoria into Jeff Brohm wanting to make purdue - or west layfayette for goodness sakes - his permanent residence. You know that he still has a house here in Louisville - right?

I expect to see that same sort of reaction when he beats Clemson as the HC of the University of Louisville.

I hope to God Brohm comes home after this season...but some of our fans are arrogant to pretend that he is a lock. Not one person on this board knows what is going on in his head. I couldn't imagine living in West laf...but who knows.

If he is a lock like some of you say, then I hope ol Bobby loses every single game left on the schedule except the last one. And after watching UK the last 2 games I honestly believe that we could beat them. They are the most one dimensional team I have watched and Schnell is getting more beat up every single game.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Home is where the heart wants to live. Jeff has always wanted to be Louisville's head coach. Moore will transfer to Louisville also.

brohm.jpg
I highly doubt Purdue would allow Moore to transfer to Louisville.

I watched that game and felt great for Purdue and Brohm. We've had those games, and feelings. :)

You Purdue fans will NEVER forget that night.

And it may NEVER happen again. We've been there too. :mad:

Cherish it. ;)

Congratulations!

Reactions: CardsFirst
The new transfer rules arent as prohibitive anymore.

I believe schools can no longer dictate where a player transfers to.
They still can and they still do. Nebraska just blocked a couple of guys from going to oregon st. after losing three guys to former coaches that are now at osu. Typically schools block (non-grad transfers) from schools in conference and anyone that is on their schedule for the years that the player would still have eligibility. It isn't right but it still happens.

I don't think that there would be any question that if JB leaves for here, purdue would block Moore's transfer to UofL.

I cannot say 100% he comes to Louisville. He will have other schools looking at him as well. Auburn? Tennessee? Maybe even some west coast schools. He played for SF 49ers for 9 yrs so he knows that area too.

Bottom line, JB wont be at Purdue much longer. Sucks because we know what that feels like and its not fun. But at least you will be in good shape when he leaves and not in rebuild mode.

Reactions: genowe
He can withdraw from Purdue and seat old a year and have three years at Louisville.
Doubt that he would sit out - he's too good and slowing his momentum by doing so would be a bad move. He had to have known that there was a chance that JB would not be at purdue his entire career.

Reactions: CardsFirst
West Lafayette is actually really nice college town and place to raise a family...The Brohm's love it. I can see Brian Brohm taking this gig in two years or maybe Jeff as his last stop before retirement. Right now the timing is so off and he is building something very special at Purdue with unlimited resources , deep pockets and a passionate fanbase.

West Lafayette is actually really nice college town and place to raise a family...The Brohm's love it. I can see Brian Brohm taking this gig in two years or maybe Jeff as his last stop before retirement. Right now the timing is so off and he is building something very special at Purdue with unlimited resources , deep pockets and a passionate fanbase.
And all of that might mean something if he didn't have such deep ties and roots in his hometown of Louisville. west lafayette might be a nice little college town but it doesn't hold a candle to Louisville in any objective (or subjective) measurement. The Brohms loved Bowling Green while they were there - FWTW. I will agree that for purdue the timing is off for JB leaving - like it was for WKU and I have no doubt that if he were to stay - JB would indeed build something special. We both know that's not realistic - even if he doesn't come to UofL - he's leaving purdue and its passionate fans and deep pockets for greener (actually bluer) pastures.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Reactions: vegasville1
I watched that game and felt great for Purdue and Brohm. We've had those games, and feelings. :)

You Purdue fans will NEVER forget that night.

And it may NEVER happen again. We've been there too. :mad:

Cherish it. ;)

Congratulations!

Purdue has beaten Ohio State in WL in 2000. Y 31-27, in 2004 by 24-17, in 2009 by 26-28, in 2011 by 26-23 and in 2018 by 49-20. That’s more wins than any other school in the Big Ten.

And all of that might mean something if he didn't have such deep ties and roots in his hometown of Louisville. west lafayette might be a nice little college town but it doesn't hold a candle to Louisville in any objective (or subjective) measurement. The Brohms loved Bowling Green while they were there - FWTW. I will agree that for purdue the timing is off for JB leaving - like it was for WKU and I have no doubt that if he were to stay - JB would indeed build something special. We both know that's not realistic - even if he doesn't come to UofL - he's leaving purdue and its passionate fans and deep pockets for greener (actually bluer) pastures.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

It’s in the big ten.. where indiana is currently laughing at your recruiting class...

Better facilities?!?! Dude, what color is the sky in your world?? o_O

You sound as uniformed as Nebraska fans. Purdue’s new facilities are palatial. Princeton review:

https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/ranking-methodology

Granted it’s overall athletics with “recreational” included, but we are ranked 3rd behind Alabama and Auburn stooge ...

And your school is a dumpster fire of lawsuits, buyouts and racist former donors whose money has been sent to the hills.

Reactions: RogerIndy
You sound as uniformed as Nebraska fans. Purdue’s new facilities are palatial. Princeton review:

https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/ranking-methodology

Granted it’s overall athletics with “recreational” included, but we are ranked 3rd behind Alabama and Auburn stooge ...

And your school is a dumpster fire of lawsuits, buyouts and racist former donors whose money has been sent to the hills.
Well, I do like Nebraska's uniforms - they are classic.

Spellcheck is your friend - particularly when you are questioning someone's level of intelligence. Are you a big, fat sweaty dude with hotdog fingers, or are you just laughably stupid?

"uniformed" - lol.

Purdue has beaten Ohio State in WL in 2000. Y 31-27, in 2004 by 24-17, in 2009 by 26-28, in 2011 by 26-23 and in 2018 by 49-20. That’s more wins than any other school in the Big Ten.
You missed my point.

You may very well NEVER get a #2, at home, at night, as a double digit dog,.... and win.

You may accomplish great things, but that game will be the biggest ever in a lot of Boilermaker minds.

You are aware if you type about 100 words on a smart phone, autocorrect will change the spelling of a few words right? Also look up “academic rankings Louisville v. Purdue.”

We have better facilities.... and a better funded conference. We also didn’t have our financial life line banished for being a racist, so there’s heat.

Isn’t pitino suing you guys for 39 million dollars?

You’re aware if Brohm walks into bobinskis office and says “I won’t go to Louisville, but I want 7.5 million a year,” he’ok get it right
I am aware that if you eff up spelling the words you are using to insult someone else's intelligence - that makes you either a fat, sweaty hotdog fingered SOB or, a dolt. I'm guessing in your case, it's a bit of both.

You don't have better football facilities - don't care if your intramural fields are state of the art - lol. You don't have a clue if you think that john schnatter was UofL's "life line", you don't have a grip on current events if you think that Pitino is going to see a thin dime of that 39M and unless you are purdoo's ad, you don't have an effing clue as to what they'd do with a demand like that.

Not that JB would make that demand, as he's coming to be UofL's coach. :)

Howdy guys. I just want to say I'm a terrible forum troll and I suck like a lot...a whole lot. Like more than u can imagine.

also wanted to say that my momma is so fat that Thanos had to snap twice to make her disassapear. Bye bye. Did I mention I suck? cause I do.

Reactions: BPGhost
You're defending your program. I get it. But you won't find anyone outside of the Purdue fan base that will not only not agree with you but likely look at you like you're an idiot.

Look at the article Travis Haney from 247 just last year where he ranked every power 5 program in terms of quality of job. Purdue ranked 55th out of 65 and Louisville ranked 28th.

Purdue is a solid job with more history than Louisville but the fact remains Louisville has been more relevant than Purdue for the last 25 years. Nobody cares that Drew Brees went there...but they do care Lamar Jackson went to Louisville. Fact remains, Purdue hasn't been ranked 2003 and as a current program they aren't viewed on the same level as Louisville. Not saying Louisville is miles ahead of them or that UL is elite but the fact remains that even in our current situation there is absolutely no doubt in the world that UL is a better job than Purdue and that doesn't even take into consideration the massive, massive, massive lifelong connection Brohm has to the program.

Do what you want, come over here, stir the pot if thats what you think you need to do to pass the time. Every fan base thinks their coach is different but they aren't. When Texas came calling, I knew Charlie was gone no matter what I heard. Deal with it however you want to deal with it but if Bobby Petrino is fired at the end of this season I will guarantee you that Jeff Brohm is coming to Louisville regardless of how much you want to discuss what he's "building" at Purdue.

I remember the old Big Four Classics at the Hoosier Dome (RCA). Notre Dame was selected because Purdue is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Granted, they are #1 in Tippecanoe County. 90% of the US population doesn’t even know what state Purdue is in. IU and Notre Dame dwarf Purdue in the Hoosier State. Indy stations give them 5th fiddle, 6th if you count Butler during hoops season.

Now run along Boiler fans, I think it’s time to flip Gene Keady in the tanning bed...

I was just told how delusional you people were so I had to come see. I kinda can’t believe Jeff Brohm went to school at Louisville

Well, he did, and he went to high school here, his dad, Oscar, is a football legend here as are he and his brothers, he and his wife own a home here, he coached here, and he has been open about his desire to be the head coach here. You're delusional if you think these things don't matter. And money won't be the deciding factor. UofL will pay him what he's worth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT