Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Misdemeanor theft.
Failure to appear in court.
Driving w/out a license.

This is his mug shot:
16330761_G.jpg

Doesn't seem to give AF.

Somebody seriously needs to talk to this guy. If any of this stuff happens while he’s on the roster it will be time to send him packing. I think you give him 1 more chance.

Not sure why we would keep this guy. He needs to go somewhere and get his head together. That's more important than football.
Agree 100%. Pull the scholarship. The program does not need this BS. Hopefully he can learn from this and get his priorities in line.

Seriously? Hell, my kids got speeding tickets and the worst was he shoplifted (granted not a smart thing to do). D--- hardened criminal. I worked in the prisons with murderers, rapists, robbers and such, this is mickey mouse stuff. This happened before he signed. Discipline yes but dismiss? Give me a break.

Seriously? Hell, my kids got speeding tickets and the worst was he shoplifted (granted not a smart thing to do). D--- hardened criminal. I worked in the prisons with murderers, rapists, robbers and such, this is mickey mouse stuff. This happened before he signed. Discipline yes but dismiss? Give me a break.

There had been talk of his lifestyle. This could be the precursor to something bigger. Plus, the current powers that be are watching Petrino closely. He might not have a choice but to let him go.

There had been talk of his lifestyle. This could be the precursor to something bigger. Plus, the current powers that be are watching Petrino closely. He might not have a choice but to let him go.
Or work his butt off.

Good grief. Speeding, 30 mph over the speed limit, twice and driving without a license and then shoplifts just like a real criminal. What all that means is he has done 10 times that and never been caught. It is no wonder these little thugs then move on to assaulting and killing people later since they believe they are invincible because they get away with everything since they play sports. Get this garbage out of our program ASAP. Put his little ass in prison where it belongs.

Last edited:
Jan 26th, shoplifting, March 5th court date, Signed with the Cards in February. Did not bother to show up for March 5th court date.
Save the scholarship for someone who understands there are consequences for braking the law.
Good grief. Speeding, 30 mph over the speed limit, twice and driving without a license and then shoplifts just like a real criminal. What all that means is he has done 10 times that and never been caught. It is no wonder these little thugs then move on to assaulting and killing people later since they believe they are invincible because they get away with everything since they play sports. Get this garbage out of our program ASAP. Put his little ass in prison where it belongs.

Braking the law? OK. Doesn't Bobby P have a proven track record with these guys? All misdememanors. You guys live in your little self-righteous worlds and have never dealt with real criminals/ Track record? What, you a cop? How do you know? Again, this is immature behavior that the Courts will deal with accordingly. Let them.

Braking the law? OK. Doesn't Bobby P have a proven track record with these guys? All misdememanors. You guys live in your little self-righteous worlds and have never dealt with real criminals/ Track record? What, you a cop? How do you know? Again, this is immature behavior that the Courts will deal with accordingly. Let them.
So in your world, what does someone like him have to do before you cut him loose? Does he have to kill a family because he was driving 55 in a 25 zone after multiple instances of speeding and driving without a license? Does he have to steal a car or assault someone? You do understand that the things he has already been charged with are almost certainly just a small sample of his real activity including illegal drug activity? As I said, these guys never learn to be responsible because they are good athletes and everyone wants to ignore what they are. If this is what he is like coming in the door, do you think its going to get any better?

Reactions: clearthebases
It is up to the coaches to decide his fate with the team. I don't care if they keep him or cut him loose. They staff had to know he had issues but to not show up for court not really a smart move by the kid. He put his football future at risk at Louisville.

It depends how the staff handles him. Me personally I would send a message by immediately red shirting him with zero tolerance policy. A long list of a restrictions for a year.

There is a way to turn him around, but he doesn't get anymore chances in the future at Louisville. I tend to agree kids like this aren't easily broken so the chances are he will screw up again, but you don't know. The joy on being a college coach.

Reactions: STLNBSE
The problem with having thugs like this now is Petrino 2.0 is not the same disciplinarian he used to be. He used to be able to control guys like even Nate Harris. This kid would just get worse and be a spreading cancer and eventually a major embarrassment after he does something really stupid.

He should have stolen crab legs.

So in your world, what does someone like him have to do before you cut him loose? Does he have to kill a family because he was driving 55 in a 25 zone after multiple instances of speeding and driving without a license? Does he have to steal a car or assault someone? You do understand that the things he has already been charged with are almost certainly just a small sample of his real activity including illegal drug activity? As I said, these guys never learn to be responsible because they are good athletes and everyone wants to ignore what they are. If this is what he is like coming in the door, do you think its going to get any better?
Your logic is flawed. The best thing to do to insure Brent’s doesn’t engage in anymore petty crime and then move on to more serious crime is to keep him as a member of the football family. The worst thing to do is kick him to the curb where he is most assuredly not going to reach his potential.

I’m just glad we have a signee who got pulled over for speeding and DIDNT get a marijuana charge.

Your logic is flawed. The best thing to do to insure Brent’s doesn’t engage in anymore petty crime and then move on to more serious crime is to keep him as a member of the football family. The worst thing to do is kick him to the curb where he is most assuredly not going to reach his potential.

I’m just glad we have a signee who got pulled over for speeding and DIDNT get a marijuana charge.
Except it is not my concern whether he gets arrested anymore or not. I promise you that is going to happen. I would prefer it happen after he is removed from our program.

I do not have a problem with getting 2 tickets for speeding. However, I do a a issue with driving without a license twice, shoplifting, and not showing up for a court date concerning the shop lifting. That in itself demonstrates a lack of respect. Hope this man learns from this but a safe bet would say otherwise.

In my world McCammon? I worked at Eddyville prison and Green River Correctional. I saw convicted FELONS get out and become very successful citizens, one, who committed murder is a very successful talent agent in Nashville making 7 figures. I simply believe this kid can be saved, damn me. CBP said in his presser today they are going to let it play itself out, you know, let the courts decide his fate. Wow, what a concept. Only happens hundreds of times in courthouses across Kentucky on a daily basis. That was my world.

Reactions: SoulSr
In my world McCammon? I worked at Eddyville prison and Green River Correctional. I saw convicted FELONS get out and become very successful citizens, one, who committed murder is a very successful talent agent in Nashville making 7 figures. I simply believe this kid can be saved, damn me. CBP said in his presser today they are going to let it play itself out, you know, let the courts decide his fate. Wow, what a concept. Only happens hundreds of times in courthouses across Kentucky on a daily basis. That was my world.
I’m sure his victim’s family is delighted with the wonderful life he is leading.

That's cool. You can save him. He can make his choices in life just like we all do and he is off to a helluva start. The problem is he acts the way he does because he knows he can get away with it. He knows how to play the system and has been sheltered because he is a top athlete. He has no concept of self discipline and obviously no remorse over his actions. I would be willing to bet he will be arrested again and it will be for something more serious and when that happens I would prefer he not be associated with our school and program.

It's very simple. Any slight transgression from here on out and he's gone.
I don't think it is that simple even though I would not be surprised if Petrino keeps him. The problem is I think the next time could be the time he kills or seriously injures someone and then everyone will say we enabled it.

You are too worried about perception. If he committed a violent crime or did something drug related other than simple possession of pot, I might agree. He deserves a second chance albeit on a short leash

This kid would probably be a candidate to go away from home. Get him out of the environment and he can’t do that at UofL. If we do elect to bring him he should be under a zero tolerance policy. No more chances.

Will be interesting to see what CBP/Staff decides. When do you think they will make it public?

I don't think it is that simple even though I would not be surprised if Petrino keeps him. The problem is I think the next time could be the time he kills or seriously injures someone and then everyone will say we enabled it.
You post like you know this kid personally - do you?

I am not going to comment on that but watch and see. He is not going to be worth the problems he brings with him.
So, I’ll take that as a no - you’re just a guy who is taking shots on a teenager’s character and worth from your keyboard.
Got it.

Reactions: TDredbird
Sounds like you are morally confused. I am not the shoplifter or fool who drives in a reckless manner without even a license.
You seem to be forgetting that there's is this little standard in these parts about being "innocent until proven guilty" - despite what some random know-nothing internet blowhard might have convinced himself of. What does it say about the "morals" of someone who knows only the 3rd hand account of what he's read and instead of shutting his mouth and reserving judgment or better yet, suggesting forgiveness for things that in the grand scheme of things amount to trivialities; advocates for actions that would jeopardize the young man's chance for success.

You say that you're not a shoplifter or reckless driver. My guess is that like most of us - you simply got away with the various questionable bullshit you did as a teenager and now have convinced yourself that you are better than you were - and certainly better than you actually are.

"Morally confused" - pot meet kettle - lol...

Reactions: TDredbird
You seem to be forgetting that there's is this little standard in these parts about being "innocent until proven guilty" - despite what some random know-nothing internet blowhard might have convinced himself of. What does it say about the "morals" of someone who knows only the 3rd hand account of what he's read and instead of shutting his mouth and reserving judgment or better yet, suggesting forgiveness for things that in the grand scheme of things amount to trivialities; advocates for actions that would jeopardize the young man's chance for success.

You say that you're not a shoplifter or reckless driver. My guess is that like most of us - you simply got away with the various questionable bullshit you did as a teenager and now have convinced yourself that you are better than you were - and certainly better than you actually are.

"Morally confused" - pot meet kettle - lol...
LOL! Yes, Louisville Metro and J.C. Penny are conspirators, concocting false charges of excessive speeding without a license, twice, and shoplifting and failure to appear in court against this poor little mistreated fellow who was actually at church and working at the homeless shelter when all that took place.

Whether guilty or innocent, one thing is for sure.

He missed his court date for proving either. So he is guilty of that and the Bench Warrant was issued. A prudent person would think an innocent person would not have “forgotten” this date.

So yeah, he’s probably guilty.

Regardless, one screw up and he should not be seen on campus again unless he’s paid his own way.

If he’s a bad apple it won’t take long to fall.

LOL! Yes, Louisville Metro and J.C. Penny are conspirators, concocting false charges of excessive speeding without a license, twice, and shoplifting and failure to appear in court against this poor little mistreated fellow who was actually at church and working at the homeless shelter when all that took place.
Nailed it! Because if there is one universal truth in this world, it's that police and retail security guards have a 100% track record when it comes to stuff like this - lol. That's really not the point that I'm making though.
The point that I'm making is that it's takes a special kind of Internet douche bag to call for a kid to lose his scholarship over him being accused of speeding and shoplifting some underwear.

You must know first hand that Brent's wasn't at church and working at the homeless shelter - because you would have seen him there - right big guy? :rolleyes:

Reactions: WhatMeWorry
Nailed it! Because if there is one universal truth in this world, it's that police and retail security guards have a 100% track record when it comes to stuff like this - lol. That's really not the point that I'm making though.
The point that I'm making is that it's takes a special kind of Internet douche bag to call for a kid to lose his scholarship over him being accused of speeding and shoplifting some underwear.

You must know first hand that Brent's wasn't at church and working at the homeless shelter - because you would have seen him there - right big guy? :rolleyes:
I am sure you would have no problem with this fine upstanding young man going out on a date with your daughter or house sitting for you.

I am sure you would have no problem with this fine upstanding young man going out on a date with your daughter or house sitting for you.
Like anyone she would date, I’d make my determination about his suitability after speaking with her, and after meeting him. Your ability to see the breadth of someone’s character thru third and fourth person accounts is quite impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT