ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson brings home heisman

Will there be a parade or something for us to celebrate upon his return from NYC? Where can you get the light bulb to commemorate the heisman support?

Reactions: Deeva
There definitely should be huge celebration planned somewhere in the city if Lamar brings home the Heisman.

Imagine the atmosphere at the Spring Game next year will be awesome.

Well I think we need to wait for it to be official first, but if he doesn't win it, then there should be a criminal investigation launched. He was the most exciting and best college football player in the country this season and it really wasn't even close.

Well I think we need to wait for it to be official first, but if he doesn't win it, then there should be a criminal investigation launched. He was the most exciting and best college football player in the country this season and it really wasn't even close.
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

Has UL ever had a finalist? I think that alone is a first.
It is a first. Just the thought of Lamar winning the Heisman for the University of Louisville is kind of amazing considering how he came here so quietly and how he has blossomed.

I used to wonder if I'd ever live to see a National Championship in football here or one of our guys win the Heisman Trophy. Both were in play this year and ultimately the Houston debacle ended one but I'm going to be one incredibly proud fan Saturday night if Lamar is awarded the most prestigious individual award in college sports.

It could not happen to a nicer and humble young man. Go Lamar and thank you.

Getting worried. On the road listening to college sports radio and they keep harping on how the Heisman is won or lost in November.

Getting worried. On the road listening to college sports radio and they keep harping on how the Heisman is won or lost in November.
I think Lamar is going to win but I think it's going to be closer than people think. Watson is the only competition.

Bovada has opened up betting again. Lamar is now 1-15 and Watson is 5-1. Lamar is still a heavy, heavy favorite.

To bring clarity to our Chicken Little Cardinal faithful...and Lamar Jackson has already been named 1st Team All American, won the Walter Camp and Maxwell Awards..at minimum the last two winners of those awards won the Heisman...article this morning...

Lamar Jackson 1/25
Deshaun Watson 7/1
Baker Mayfield 50/1
Jabrill Peppers 50/1
Dede Westbrook 66/1

For reference: 2015 winner Derrick Henry was only (“only”) a 1/12 favorite at this point.

He also won media and voter polls at ESPN and USA Today in the days before ballots were due, with Watson second in both. A less formal CBS poll has Mayfield second. Basically nobody is predicting a winner besides Jackson.

The takeaway: Bookmakers will be absolutely stunned if Jackson doesn’t win, and nobody else except Watson is viewed as having a serious shot to win.

Voting’s already done, and there are no more games to be played between now and the Heisman announcement. The Heisman Trust names at least three finalists every year, and whether there are more depends on how close the voting was between third and fourth place, fourth and fifth, fifth and sixth, and so on. The presence of five finalists suggests there was parity, at least among the last to qualify for the ceremony.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...798/heisman-finalists-odds-2016-lamar-jackson

To bring clarity to our Chicken Little Cardinal faithful...and Lamar Jackson has already been named 1st Team All American, won the Walter Camp and Maxwell Awards..at minimum the last two winners of those awards won the Heisman...article this morning...

Lamar Jackson 1/25
Deshaun Watson 7/1
Baker Mayfield 50/1
Jabrill Peppers 50/1
Dede Westbrook 66/1

For reference: 2015 winner Derrick Henry was only (“only”) a 1/12 favorite at this point.

He also won media and voter polls at ESPN and USA Today in the days before ballots were due, with Watson second in both. A less formal CBS poll has Mayfield second. Basically nobody is predicting a winner besides Jackson.

The takeaway: Bookmakers will be absolutely stunned if Jackson doesn’t win, and nobody else except Watson is viewed as having a serious shot to win.

Voting’s already done, and there are no more games to be played between now and the Heisman announcement. The Heisman Trust names at least three finalists every year, and whether there are more depends on how close the voting was between third and fourth place, fourth and fifth, fifth and sixth, and so on. The presence of five finalists suggests there was parity, at least among the last to qualify for the ceremony.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...798/heisman-finalists-odds-2016-lamar-jackson
Lamar is now 1-15 not 1-25 and Watson is 5-1 not 7-1. Still a heavy favorite and I think he wins but for reference sake because I bet on football thru Bovada, Hillary Clinton was 1-7 on the morning of the election and Donald Trump was 4-1.

The key is watching the line as the day progresses. Bring it home #8

https://sports.bovada.lv/football/college-season-props

Lamar is now 1-15 not 1-25 and Watson is 5-1 not 7-1. Still a heavy favorite and I think he wins but for reference sake because I bet on football thru Bovada, Hillary Clinton was 1-7 on the morning of the election and Donald Trump was 4-1.

The key is watching the line as the day progresses. Bring it home #8

https://sports.bovada.lv/football/college-season-props

Main difference....the vote already in...the vote wasn't in on Election Day and he has better odds than Derrick Henry last year and nobody had any thoughts that Henry wasn't going to win it.

That's true but in the election it was based on polling, demographics and of course people were betting on those things. The Heisman is based on the opinion of ton of sports writers from all over the country and although they give hints sometimes the balloting is about is secretive as it gets.

Watch the lines as the day goes on. Hopefully Lamar is 1-50 at about 7 pm

That's true but in the election it was based on polling, demographics and of course people were betting on those things. The Heisman is based on the opinion of ton of sports writers from all over the country and although they give hints sometimes the balloting is about is secretive as it gets.

Watch the lines s the day goes on. Hopefully Lamar is 1-50 at about 7 pm

The ironic thing was the National Polls were correct...Clinton won the popular vote by roughly 2%...it was the state polls-(Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan) all same day voting that was way off...let's just say I would be shocked if he didn't win and not by a decent margin.

Just be glad the Heisman Voting is done by popular vote and not Electoral College...lol

Reactions: Louisvillian
I laughed out loud while thinking to myself, he makes that look good. Never in my best days on earth could I have looked that cool. Ever. Lamar has a confident cool swagger about him, and he pulled it off. He looked great last night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT