ADVERTISEMENT

IU vs. UK

Jun 10, 2005
I have been listing to IU and UK fans, some my friends in person, others reading on line and on Facebook.

The arrogance of both fanbases never ceases to amaze me...

They talk about renewing their rivalry and automatically assume that they will play a split crowd neutral game at the KFC Yum! Center....really? Last I looked that was Louisville's home court and only Louisville's home court.

I suggest they play at Freedom Hall every year....it sits there and reminds me of two things...1) it's still better than Rupp Arena and 2) it's an aging relic of the past, kind of like IU's program. So see? It's win-win.

So have at it UK and IU fans....Freedom Hall is all yours. Play your game.

I have been listing to IU and UK fans, some my friends in person, others reading on line and on Facebook.

The arrogance of both fanbases never ceases to amaze me...

They talk about renewing their rivalry and automatically assume that they will play a split crowd neutral game at the KFC Yum! Center....really? Last I looked that was Louisville's home court and only Louisville's home court.

I suggest they play at Freedom Hall every year....it sits there and reminds me of two things...1) it's still better than Rupp Arena and 2) it's an aging relic of the past, kind of like IU's program. So see? It's win-win.

So have at it UK and IU fans....Freedom Hall is all yours. Play your game.

That would be a great game for Freedom Hall. The old girl could use the money and like you said, the YUM! Center is the Cardinals home.

Reactions: Deeva
This game comes down to the ref crew.If the game is called loosely,advantage Kentucky,tightly-the other way.

creangay.png

Well I don't really care for either team, but I have even less confidence in Tom Crean- especially in the NCAAT. If this were the Sweet 16 and not the round of 32 then I would say 100% that Uk was going to win. But since it is not I'd say it is a toss up depending on how some factors go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT