ADVERTISEMENT

It's funny watching local media try to out scoop each other.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Deener this morning: Tyra and Mack met yesterday in Cincinnati.
Deener a little later: Retracting that they met in Cincinnati, but they did meet.
Deener a little later than that: They might have skyped or spoke on the phone.

Demling: Deener is wrong.

Deener a little later: Retracting that they met in Cincinnati, but they did meet.

Deener is a stuck up East end Prospect snob! Thinks he is better than everyone can't stand him.

Reactions: cardfan17
Perrin we talking Shaka Smart...F that. I don't want him anywhere near our program .

Sorry, but Perrin offers about as much to the sports discussion locally as he did to the team when he played. I don't dislike him, but he lacks valuable insight about on or off court issues.

Kinda like Deener, but without "sources" or "Contacts"

Reactions: zipp
Don't understand why Deener would say something without 100% confidence. Changing it up that much does nothing. That's why I like Demling because he wont say anything publicly unless he's certain and trusts the info 100%

Sorry, but Perrin offers about as much to the sports discussion locally as he did to the team when he played. I don't dislike him, but he lacks valuable insight about on or off court issues.

I like Perrin, he's a Card. But I very much disagree with him on this. He was also talking up Kenny Payne and Keats earlier in the season Honestly I think he just wants a black coach or something. I don't care about the race of the coach I just want a good one and none of those 3 interest me at all.

Mack is the man. Get him !

Don't understand why Deener would say something without 100% confidence. Changing it up that much does nothing. That's why I like Demling because he wont say anything publicly unless he's certain and trusts the info 100%

Deener is more interested in making it known that he has supposed "connections" - and insulting most people that disagree with him after hanging up on them, than offering anything of substance.

Deener is more interested in making it known that he has supposed "connections" - and insulting most people that disagree with him after hanging up on them, than offering anything of substance.
He definitely has a case of little mans syndrome. You can hear that in his voice. He is rude to most callers. Perrin is nice to him because...well...he's his boss. im sure in his head he'd like to reach over and cold cock him sometimes.

Reactions: cardfan17

Agree that Perrin has a lot to learn about his radio gig.

When perrin first started in radio around here he was always on Matt's show and praising UK all the time he was very critical of U of L alot that's real talk. Then he disappeared for awhile and started being on more Card shows. HMMM

Jerry Eaves was on WHAS -TV with Doug Proffit just before Tyra's PC criticizing things at UL and hinting at racism. Sorry Jerry, it's about getting the best available coach regardless of race.

Reactions: wilkie01
When perrin first started in radio around here he was always on Matt's show and praising UK all the time he was very critical of U of L alot that's real talk. Then he disappeared for awhile and started being on more Card shows. HMMM

Look, Perrin is a quality guy and forever a card. He is loyal to Rick, and has taken crap from Jones and Deener for the sake of furthering his career and for those things, though i don't applaud him, i don't fault him for them either.

Rick was his coach, and these guys offered him a path to further his career and it is a tough business to break into- you gotta do what you gotta do in other words.

I just don't think he offers intriguing analysis or unique perspective with the airtime he gets and thus, isnt improving the shows a ton when he is on the air. The best he brings is the occasional look into life under the Pitino regime which becomes less relevant as time passes.

Jerry Eaves was on WHAS -TV with Doug Proffit just before Tyra's PC criticizing things at UL and hinting at racism. Sorry Jerry, it's about getting the best available coach regardless of race.
Glad to see the new guys are getting the required heat and labeling from the usual suspects.

Maybe the fix isn't in. :p

Yeah, 'ol 99-180 should have been considered for the job on merit alone. :rolleyes:

Reactions: zipp
Yeah we need to hire Jerry or Butch Beard and maybe bring in Chris 2X as the team's spiritual advisor. That would be great. Maybe we should just go ahead and shut down the program and turn the Yum into a peddler's mall.

Last edited:

Deener is a stuck up East end Prospect snob! Thinks he is better than everyone can't stand him.

And there’s not snobs anywhere else in Louisville. Jealous? Deener’s attitude has nothing to do with where he’s from he’s just a d&&&.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chapman123
And there’s not snobs anywhere else in Louisville. Jealous? Deener’s attitude has nothing to do with where he’s from he’s just d&&&.

I grew up lower middle class in the south end and live in the east end now. Im still middle class but I have to say I love living out here and the people here are great.

If Deener really is a pr"ck, it has nothing to do with where he lives.

Reactions: CardsFirst
And there’s not snobs anywhere else in Louisville. Jealous? Deener’s attitude has nothing to do with where he’s from he’s just d&&&.

I think his adversarial approach is good radio. He disagrees with people. He calls people out. He's not always right, but he likes to mix it up.

Breaking: Vince Tyra and Chris Mack seen eating cheese coneys at the Newport Skyline Chili. Rumor is they are heading to Graeters next for some ice cream, and LaRosa's Pizza as a night cap.
pee.jpg

One thing in the Mack rumor to consider is his wife is a Louisville native. Could be more than smoke to this rumor. Plus he would increase his salary by coming here.

I think his adversarial approach is good radio. He disagrees with people. He calls people out. He's not always right, but he likes to mix it up.

Agree, when fans are being stupid, he lets them know. Same with 93.7 The Fan out of Pittsburgh ("the Fehhn" as the yinzers call it). Ben will throw 6 TD's and you'll get yinzers calling into the Fehhn saying the "Stillers" need to start playing real football, bring back Hines Ward so he can play QB in the Wing-T offense and hand the ball off instead of this fancy schmancy passing BS. The hosts on the Fehhn will call them out and it's great instead of saying "Yeah, I agree, we should run the Wing-T, that's a lot better than winning by 40."

One thing in the Mack rumor to consider is his wife is a Louisville native. Could be more than smoke to this rumor. Plus he would increase his salary by coming here.
She is and that might be a positive for her and him. Then again, it all depends on if she wants to return to Louisville. She may not.

And there’s not snobs anywhere else in Louisville. Jealous? Deener’s attitude has nothing to do with where he’s from he’s just a d&&&.
I work around certain folks who are from that area that and they think their better than everybody . I have no reason to be jealous i got plenty of money myself haha
Hell matter of FACT one of his main shtick he uses all the time is bragging he's a east end propesctor that don't take to kindly to outsiders says it all the time .

Last edited:

He is probably advocating for Ed Cooley. I am against that hire. Race is not an issue. Its his hair.

Reactions: CardsFirst
I work around certain folks who are from that area that and they think their better than everybody . I have no reason to be jealous i got plenty of money myself haha
Hell matter of FACT one of his main shtick he uses all the time is bragging he's a east end propesctor that don't take to kindly to outsiders says it all the time .
Deener is just kind of an ass. Makes for great radio though.

Yep that’s his shtick but you’re stereotyping people which is no different than what your accusing him of. Hmm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT