ADVERTISEMENT

It’s about to go down

Posters on this board have been talking about the replacement of Pitino for years. Some of us even shared that Jurich was nurturing a relationship with a few coaches just in case Pitino moved on. Mack was always in on this list. Posters who have been here longer, know this fact. The groundwork for Mack was laid years before Mack came here. Or are you naive to think Mack turned down Ohio State the year before without a prior relationship with Jurich and not knowing he was Pitino’s likely replacement. Give credit for Tyra and sealing the deal, but the foundation of Mack as coach was laid years before.

I agree wholeheartedly that TJ had laid the groundwork with Mack. However that groundwork was hit with an earthquake when we were subject to the latest major NCAA scandal. To be able to “seal the deal” with that in the background is a heck of an accomplishment despite what some Tyra haters on here might say.

I agree wholeheartedly that TJ had laid the groundwork with Mack. However that groundwork was hit with an earthquake when we were subject to the latest major NCAA scandal. To be able to “seal the deal” with that in the background is a heck of an accomplishment despite what some Tyra haters on here might say.

This.

Mack may have not wanted to Coach under Tyra despite this being his dream job.

Tyra has to close the deal with Coach Mack.

We all know that this is Brohms dream job however he would NEVER consider it if Jurich were still AD.

Bottom line, except schmoozing with matty bangs, Tyra has done a good job.

You mean $30 million didn't help persuade Mack?...

Reactions: brookstreet
So..."it's about to go down"??? It's been 8 days since this thread was posted. Does anybody have any type of update? I find it hard to imagine as "juicy" a story as the rumors implied could be kept under wraps this long.
a3f157f62d162965f69386834512822813fbb356755da9d5d5266fecc31cf60b.jpg

So..."it's about to go down"??? It's been 8 days since this thread was posted. Does anybody have any type of update? I find it hard to imagine as "juicy" a story as the rumors implied could be kept under wraps this long.
a3f157f62d162965f69386834512822813fbb356755da9d5d5266fecc31cf60b.jpg

I don’t think it’s the juicy rumor from 8 days ago but I have heard that a high profile player is transferring away from UofL.

Where you been ?

What's your take on Bobby's future ? Brohm ?
I just don't participate much in any message boards these days; they've just gotten too personally contentious and negative (all message boards, not just this one due to our troubles). I don't care for a battle of words over each post or comment.

I don't see any movement towards team improvement, either in play, energy or morale. Time for a change. Brohm would be my first choice.

Unfortunately that’s what I heard as well. Hope it’s wrong, however I think he’s only played in 4 games so he could transfer and retain his eligibility I believe.

I didn’t hear it but was told Ennis was talking about this on his show so it looks like it’s more than something some of heard about earlier today.

I didn’t hear it but was told Ennis was talking about this on his show so it looks like it’s more than something some of heard about earlier today.

Heard it on Ennis also.

Luke chimed in;

He stated that the AD asked him to wait and talk to the new coach. Luke did that.

There would be transfers regardless of whether UofL was 2-6 or 6-2.

Unfortunately that’s what I heard as well. Hope it’s wrong, however I think he’s only played in 4 games so he could transfer and retain his eligibility I believe.
As I understand the current rule, don't think it matters. He would have to sit out next year and then only have three years against the five year rule. Unless he somehow get a waiver against the five year rule, he will only have three years of eligibility. . .

Reactions: zipp
As I understand the current rule, don't think it matters. He would have to sit out next year and then only have three years against the five year rule. Unless he somehow get a waiver against the five year rule, he will only have three years of eligibility. . .
Correct. If he plans to transfer, Travis has nothing to lose playing in the final four games. He's sitting out next year and down one year of eligibility anyway...

Correct. If he plans to transfer, Travis has nothing to lose playing in the final four games. He's sitting out next year and down one year of eligibility anyway...
He would lose his red shirt if he plays in more than 4 games. I believe hes already played in 2 games.. So he would sit out next year and then his first year of eligibility he would be a sophomore instead of a freshman..

That's how I understand it anyway.

He would lose his red shirt if he plays in more than 4 games. I believe hes already played in 2 games.. So he would sit out next year and then his first year of eligibility he would be a sophomore instead of a freshman..

That's how I understand it anyway.
It's my understanding that sitting out a year when transferring hasn't changed. Nor has the eligibility of four seasons in five calendar years.

If Travis continues to play and transfers, he will burn one of those four years now and sit out next year with three years of eligibility remaining. If he stops playing but transfers, this could be a redshirt year--but he has to sit out next year anyway, and still with just three years afterward to play.

So unless other elements of the rule have changed, he may as well play...

Reactions: wilkie01
It's my understanding that sitting out a year when transferring hasn't changed. Nor has the eligibility of four seasons in five calendar years.

If Travis continues to play and transfers, he will burn one of those four years now and sit out next year with three years of eligibility remaining. If he stops playing but transfers, this could be a redshirt year--but he has to sit out next year anyway, and still with just three years afterward to play.

So unless other elements of the rule have changed, he may as well play...
rats-deserting-a-sinking-ship-follow.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT