ADVERTISEMENT

It’s about to go down

LiveFeedLouisville™ Retweeted
Jason Riley‏Verified account@JasonRileyWDRB 38m38 minutes ago

Replying to @CurlyShea @ericcrawford @rickbozich
I was working on something else in another county all morning. I've heard rumors for two specific stories. Started working on one a month ago. The other days ago. I am not close to publishing a story. Others might be.

So is this good that he isn’t close to publishing a story or is it bad because there are two “stories” he is working on? Geez, I’ll be ready for the end of UofL athletics drama.

It’s definitely real and it definitely parallels the Ohio St. situation. I was told late this afternoon that they are trying to negotiate a lesser buyout with him before this klenakis crap goes public.

If this is real and I hope it's not but if it is I hope Tyra and Bendapudi are better at handing this than they are at fundraising.

Tyra is good and Bendapudi is terrific. You must me grumpy that TJ got fired. Boo who that was a year ago.

Reactions: kl40504
Why is everything on this board proposed and espoused in binary terms? Either you are a TJ guy or a Petrino guy or this or that or the other. It’s so myopic. Lots of truths in the middle.

For example, I appreciate some of TJs work, but certainly not all. I like Tyra and will give him a fair shot. So far, he’s been good and I trust his decisions. I also like Bobby and know that he’s done very good things here. That said, I’m aware a change could be the best route, but only if we are sure Brohm is our man and he’s attainable. It is not hard to see issues from more than one simple side, yet that’s the consensus here.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
Why is everything on this board proposed and espoused in binary terms? Either you are a TJ guy or a Petrino guy or this or that or the other. It’s so myopic. Lots of truths in the middle.

For example, I appreciate some of TJs work, but certainly not all. I like Tyra and will give him a fair shot. So far, he’s been good and I trust his decisions. I also like Bobby and know that he’s done very good things here. That said, I’m aware a change could be the best route, but only if we are sure Brohm is our man and he’s attainable. It is not hard to see issues from more than one simple side, yet that’s the consensus here.

It doesn’t matter if Brohm is attainable. Bobby has to go if it all comes out. Just read twitter, read what others have said on here. If that comes out as true, BP is gone whether Brohm is coming home or not.

It doesn’t matter if Brohm is attainable. Bobby has to go if it all comes out. Just read twitter, read what others have said on here. If that comes out as true, BP is gone whether Brohm is coming home or not.

If if if. What if it isn’t true at all?

All you Tyra supporters he has been here over a year now and hasn't bought any money in yet. Most schools fire their AD's if they can't bring money in. Thank God Jurich built a huge war chest for us. So how much longer do we give Tyra before we question his qualifications.
If Tyra starts bringing money in on the same level that Jurich did I'll give him props for it. I have been a Louisville fan since Wes Unseld's freshmen year so that is not a question. You all are deflecting from the facts.

All you Tyra supporters he has been here over a year now and hasn't bought any money in yet. Most schools fire their AD's if they can't bring money in. Thank God Jurich built a huge war chest for us. So how much longer do we give Tyra before we question his qualifications.
If Tyra starts bringing money in on the same level that Jurich did I'll give him props for it. I have been a Louisville fan since Wes Unseld's freshmen year so that is not a question. You all are deflecting from the facts.

First of all, his first job isn’t to fundraise. It’s to make sure the athletics program is administered in a way that are consistent with the university goals and within NCAA regulations. He has had his work cut out for him given the past malfeasance. Next he has had to work to maintain the impressive cast of coaches. Next he has had to make some new hires, including the cash cow basketball program. Next he has decided to realign the department into a way that he thinks will be more effective for the student athletes. Fundraising is always a priority but all these items need attention to steady the ship. If you think fundraising trumps all these other things, then I think you have had your eyes closed for the last couple years.

First of all, his first job isn’t to fundraise. It’s to make sure the athletics program is administered in a way that are consistent with the university goals and within NCAA regulations. He has had his work cut out for him given the past malfeasance. Next he has had to work to maintain the impressive cast of coaches. Next he has had to make some new hires, including the cash cow basketball program. Next he has decided to realign the department into a way that he thinks will be more effective for the student athletes. Fundraising is always a priority but all these items need attention to steady the ship. If you think fundraising trumps all these other things, then I think you have had your eyes closed for the last couple years.
I guess all of that garbage explains why we have annual rankings published by multiple sources of athletic department finances nationally.

Where does U of L rank nationally in "administration consistency"? Or "coaching maintenance"? Or "new hire performance"? Or "student athlete effectiveness"? I've googled extensively but can't find any of those measures.

What knuckles' post demonstrates is that (1) Tyra's supporters are already acknowledging his inability to perform financially, (2) trying to deflect that blame to "past malfeasance", and (3) watering down its importance with other nebulous attributes that don't put any of (1) in the bank. And that may work until coaches and staffers try to cash their paychecks...

tyra%20banner_zpsg0cohjro.jpg

Tyra is good and Bendapudi is terrific. You must me grumpy that TJ got fired. Boo who that was a year ago.
Can you point to some accomplishments from either? Don’t say Mack, cuz that relationship started and was maintained by Jurich years before Tyra got here. No reason in to believe Mack wouldn’t be here today if Jurich was still AD. I hope those 2 work out, but I’m not going to give them props for just taking the job. The ULAA meeting mtg is soon, let’s see how the financials are after a year of Tyra before we label goods and greats.

Reactions: zipp

How in the hell do you know how much money he’s brought in? Statements and evidence please.

I guess all of that garbage explains why we have annual rankings published by multiple sources of athletic department finances nationally.

Where does U of L rank nationally in "administration consistency"? Or "coaching maintenance"? Or "new hire performance"? Or "student athlete effectiveness"? I've googled extensively but can't find any of those measures.

What knuckles' post demonstrates is that (1) Tyra's supporters are already acknowledging his inability to perform financially, (2) trying to deflect that blame to "past malfeasance", and (3) watering down its importance with other nebulous attributes that don't put any of (1) in the bank. And that may work until coaches and staffers try to cash their paychecks...

tyra%20banner_zpsg0cohjro.jpg

Glad none of those other issues matter to you since they aren’t listed in annual rankings! How sad! It’s unfortunate we’ve had all these messes to clean up, but money alone won’t patch them. Pathetic how you think the tail should wag the dog.

Leave logic at the door my friend.

Reactions: STLNBSE and kl40504
Most schools fire their AD's
Good post but this needs cleared up.

Most schools HIRE their AD too.

Ours was appointed.

Who QUITS a high paying job to “help out” a school he didn’t go to, with ZERO experience in the area he’s going to “help out”, then miraculously get the gig full time, after a “national” search?

He has no skin in this, therefore he will do as ordered. Whatever that is.

Does anybody believe his NEXT job will be as an AD anywhere? His next job is already assured in the private sector for being a good soldier.

Can you point to some accomplishments from either? Don’t say Mack, cuz that relationship started and was maintained by Jurich years before Tyra got here. No reason in to believe Mack wouldn’t be here today if Jurich was still AD. I hope those 2 work out, but I’m not going to give them props for just taking the job. The ULAA meeting mtg is soon, let’s see how the financials are after a year of Tyra before we label goods and greats.

Good lord. UofTJ fan. According to Zipp, we would've gotten Jay Wright with Jurich still at the helm, and you say Jurich made the relationship with Mack?

LOL. Good gosh this board is insane.

Have you all noticed that HRTheCard, STLNBSE, Knucklehank and UL86 all agree with each other all the time. They're like parrots or just mouthpieces for one another. When Jurich got donations of 5, 10, 15 or 20 million it was well publicized. I haven't heard anything published about Tyra's donors.
I want an AD like Jurich who raised enough money to build what Jurich built here. If Tyra turns out to be that guy I will be happy but so far it's not happening. All of you want to fire a football or basketball coach when they don't produce. I want the same from our AD.

If those other 3 always agree with me, then they must be pretty smart. Again, the job of athletic director doesn’t prioritize fundraising over all other functions. That being said, I don’t know how the fundraising is going. I am happy with other aspects of the AD’s job performance though.

Tyra's various accountabilities distill down to these two. All of the fluff that knuckles wants to talk about feeds into these...
  1. Win on the field/court
  2. Make as much money as possible for athletics to facilitate (1)
If he ain't getting (2) done in the short run, (1) will eventually fall off in the long run. It's why I and others focus on what can be measured in the short run...

Have you all noticed that HRTheCard, STLNBSE, Knucklehank and UL86 all agree with each other all the time. They're like parrots or just mouthpieces for one another. When Jurich got donations of 5, 10, 15 or 20 million it was well publicized. I haven't heard anything published about Tyra's donors.
I want an AD like Jurich who raised enough money to build what Jurich built here. If Tyra turns out to be that guy I will be happy but so far it's not happening. All of you want to fire a football or basketball coach when they don't produce. I want the same from our AD.
Vince will move on sooner than everybody thinks. I predict end of 2019, depending on how things go with Bobby.

Tyra's various accountabilities distill down to these two. All of the fluff that knuckles wants to talk about feeds into these...
  1. Win on the field/court
  2. Make as much money as possible for athletics to facilitate (1)
If he ain't getting (2) done in the short run, (1) will eventually fall off in the long run. It's why I and others focus on what can be measured in the short run...

First of all, you forgot #3 - ensure NCAA compliance and stop having scandals.

Don’t disagree with points 1 or 2 but I do think you are being a little short-sighted in regards to all the other aspects that needed shoring up. I’m actually surprised you have such a short-sighted view but then again I’ve seen with whom your priorities lie.

First of all, you forgot #3 - ensure NCAA compliance and stop having scandals.

Don’t disagree with points 1 or 2 but I do think you are being a little short-sighted in regards to all the other aspects that needed shoring up. I’m actually surprised you have such a short-sighted view but then again I’ve seen with whom your priorities lie.
Please enlighten us on other "aspects that needed shoring up". As little money as we're bringing in, I'd like to at least hear that other things are getting done...

Please enlighten us on other "aspects that needed shoring up". As little money as we're bringing in, I'd like to at least hear that other things are getting done...

I’m sure you’ve heard of a google search. So type in UofL athletics issues in the search field and I’m sure you’ll find a few hits.

Quick question? Even if the assumption by some posters on this forum that Jurich was King Midas and Tyra is the Monopoly game guy with empty pockets pulled out is correct, Why do we have a sub par football program with palatial facilities and an empty spot in the rafters of an awesome downtown arena?

Quick question? Even if the assumption by some posters on this forum that Jurich was King Midas and Tyra is the Monopoly game guy with empty pockets pulled out is correct, Why do we have a sub par football program with palatial facilities and an empty spot in the rafters of an awesome downtown arena?

Wait for it...Zipp will ride in with his theory that Tyra is actually responsible for the empty spot in the rafters. It’s quite the “alternative narrative”.

Already half anticipating that about the removed banner. Clown show caving in, no balls to fight the NCAA and such. But it still doesn't explain why we have built a great football stadium and have a crappy team that doesn't seem to be improving. Not to mention the university faces a buyout clause negotiated by King Midas that seems to assume we would want to fire a head coach after they won an NCAA title. Howard Schnellenberger came to Louisville when we still played at the fairgrounds.

And full disclosure, I blocked Zipp a long time ago. So if he sees my post and responds fine but I wouldn't know. Can people you block see your posts? Or can you just not see theirs? Either is fine with me.

Reactions: kl40504

Still waiting for the financial records you have access to that detail Tyra’s fundraising failures.

Still waiting for the financial records you have access to that detail Tyra’s fundraising failures.
Did you look at Tyra's FY2019 budget? Let me know if you need an analysis...

Already half anticipating that about the removed banner. Clown show caving in, no balls to fight the NCAA and such. But it still doesn't explain why we have built a great football stadium and have a crappy team that doesn't seem to be improving. Not to mention the university faces a buyout clause negotiated by King Midas that seems to assume we would want to fire a head coach after they won an NCAA title. Howard Schnellenberger came to Louisville when we still played at the fairgrounds.

And full disclosure, I blocked Zipp a long time ago. So if he sees my post and responds fine but I wouldn't know. Can people you block see your posts? Or can you just not see theirs? Either is fine with me.
Jurich has no input in the NCAA investigation, he couldn’t speak to anyone about it or do any inquires. Hard to blame him for how poorly we were treated by the NCAA

Good lord. UofTJ fan. According to Zipp, we would've gotten Jay Wright with Jurich still at the helm, and you say Jurich made the relationship with Mack?

Posters on this board have been talking about the replacement of Pitino for years. Some of us even shared that Jurich was nurturing a relationship with a few coaches just in case Pitino moved on. Mack was always in on this list. Posters who have been here longer, know this fact. The groundwork for Mack was laid years before Mack came here. Or are you naive to think Mack turned down Ohio State the year before without a prior relationship with Jurich and not knowing he was Pitino’s likely replacement. Give credit for Tyra and sealing the deal, but the foundation of Mack as coach was laid years before.

Gotta agree with Zipp on this one - but to be accurate he (nor any of us) didn't say that TJ would have "gotten" Wright (or Billy D) only that he would have given it a shot. A quick look at his tenure related to coaches (save one) would indicate that it was ever foolish to bet against him. Honestly would getting one of those two guys mentioned been a bigger get than getting Pitino to coach at UofL?

FTR - I'm not interested in debating whether or not in retrospect Pitino was a good hire - it wasn't - but everyone was pleasantly shocked when TJ pulled that off.

Reactions: zipp
Posters on this board have been talking about the replacement of Pitino for years. Some of us even shared that Jurich was nurturing a relationship with a few coaches just in case Pitino moved on. Mack was always in on this list. Posters who have been here longer, know this fact. The groundwork for Mack was laid years before Mack came here. Or are you naive to think Mack turned down Ohio State the year before without a prior relationship with Jurich and not knowing he was Pitino’s likely replacement. Give credit for Tyra and sealing the deal, but the foundation of Mack as coach was laid years before.
I've been on this board for a long time and know a couple of people close to the program. I never heard coach Mack's name ever mentioned in relationship to taking the coaching job here .

Reactions: MEMEBLUE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT