ADVERTISEMENT

Is that loving feeling back?

Slam2121

300+
Mar 21, 2019
Reading these posts it sure does sounds like it. Amazing how things can change on the dime.

Ready for the Tigers to come to town. Is it Saturday yet?!?

Reactions: SiouxfallsEric13
I wouldn't say the positive vibe changed on a dime. Last season was just so awful, you don't recover right away. Then there was the not knowing what to expect when this season got started. It's been a process. But, it certainly feels good right now.

Reactions: gocds and PHCARD
I wouldn't say the positive vibe changed on a dime. Last season was just so awful, you don't recover right away. Then there was the not knowing what to expect when this season got started. It's been a process. But, it certainly feels good right now.
Well said, but the players attitude and culture flipped on the dime. CSS has them believing just as Coach Schnell did.

Plus, Purdue hasn’t really even tanked. They are 2-4 and the only game they lost that they were favored to win was a road game to a 4-2 Nevada team. With Northwestern playing so poorly, going 4-2 in the second half of the season is definite possibility.

Plus, Purdue hasn’t really even tanked. They are 2-4 and the only game they lost that they were favored to win was a road game to a 4-2 Nevada team. With Northwestern playing so poorly, going 4-2 in the second half of the season is definite possibility.

Weren't the Purdue fans predicting a big season this year?

How long has it been since Cards fans have had this great a feeling during a game week about the current state of the program and the future?

Also remember how you felt when someone mentioned college football 1 year ago. I’m sure we’ll encounter more bumps in the road but the fun is back.

None of the Purdue fans I work with were predicting a big year. They all recognized how poorly the previous coach recruited, and they recognized that Brohm was recruiting high schoolers instead of JC transfers for the offensive line.

Reactions: FlavRunit
Reading these posts it sure does sounds like it. Amazing how things can change on the dime.

Ready for the Tigers to come to town. Is it Saturday yet?!?
I will say the love and pride will never fade for me but that swagger and hunger seemed to leave the program. But if feel it's coming back baby 10 fold. GO CARDS!

Reactions: Slam2121
I'll try to clarify my point...there was a large contingent of fans that were disappointed at not getting Brohm; this on top of the collapse last year was a double dose of bad sensations surrounding the program...now, it seems, many of that large contingent are relieved that Brohm didn't come here as the Purdue season has (predictable or not) stumbled (maybe tank was a little harsh).

I can only speak for myself and say, I'm sure glad we got Sat instead; because the improvement and my enjoyment has exceeded my expectations.

I'll try to clarify my point...there was a large contingent of fans that were disappointed at not getting Brohm; this on top of the collapse last year was a double dose of bad sensations surrounding the program...now, it seems, many of that large contingent are relieved that Brohm didn't come here as the Purdue season has (predictable or not) stumbled (maybe tank was a little harsh).

I can only speak for myself and say, I'm sure glad we got Sat instead; because the improvement and my enjoyment has exceeded my expectations.

Count me in the camp that's glad Brohm didn't come here, I think we dodged a HUGE bullet here, hats off to Tyra.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT