ADVERTISEMENT

Iona is...

Say a prayer for the adidas rep that might need to have contact with CRP. :cool:

Iona is now my second favorite school to cheer for. I’ll try to stream every game of theirs to see Pitino work his genius. Their style of play will be fun to watch.

Iona is now my second favorite school to cheer for. I’ll try to stream every game of theirs to see Pitino work his genius. Their style of play will be fun to watch.
It’s kind of a new thing for us right now.

When our football coaches left, we kinda were rooting against them for ditching us.

Because Denny didn’t coach anywhere else, we never had to see our guy coach anywhere else for basketball.

He just said that he wants to play the kitties but not us. I’ve moved on. He did some good, but at the end of the day he didn’t have a firm hold on our program and we’re now paying for his mistakes. I can’t root for him. I can’t see how any Card fan can now.

Reactions: cardinalrod
He just said that he wants to play the kitties but not us. I’ve moved on. He did some good, but at the end of the day he didn’t have a firm hold on our program and we’re now paying for his mistakes. I can’t root for him. I can’t see how any Card fan can now.
Because look where our program is right now compared to where it was when he arrived?!

Best Arena in the country, in the best basketball conference in the land, etc.

We were in the CUSA when he arrived, fighting with Memphis State and Cincinnati as Crum was letting us slip back to being a strong mid-major.

He didn’t quit and didn’t leave us by choice, he was forced to leave. It was the right decision ultimately, but the reason he’s mad is because he wants to coach here and wanted to retire here.

Ive moved on to Mack, but Mack is getting to take full advantage of what Rick and TJ built in the 16 years prior.

Because look where our program is right now compared to where it was when he arrived?!

We were in the CUSA when he arrived, fighting with Memphis State and Cincinnati as Crum was letting us slip back to being a strong mid-major.

He didn’t quit and didn’t leave us by choice, he was forced to leave. It was the right decision ultimately, but the reason he’s mad is because he wants to coach here and wanted to retire here.

Ive moved on to Mack, but Mack is getting to take full advantage of what Rick and TJ built in the 16 years prior.
We don't have any more national championships now than we did before he arrived.

He isnt stupid. Its a terrible idea for all around for the game to happen. We’d be paying for bad press by scheduling the game. The media would take it as a chance to bash him more. We want this story to die, breathing new life in it by playing Iona helps nobody

T
H
I
S.

He isnt stupid. Its a terrible idea for all around for the game to happen. We’d be paying for bad press by scheduling the game. The media would take it as a chance to bash him more. We want this story to die, breathing new life in it by playing Iona helps nobody
Him stating he wants to play the kitties is a back handed slap at UofL IMO. Why should he want to step back into this state as a b-ball coach at all?

Him stating he wants to play the kitties is a back handed slap at UofL IMO. Why should he want to step back into this state as a b-ball coach at all?

Because he is a piece of $#it
ego maniacal clown.

Should have NEVER been hired here :mad:

He actually said that he would play them in NYC. I still don't know why it surprising that he would answer NO to that question. He just talked about positive PR for that program 30 seconds before than Patrick asked if he wanted to play Louisville which his answer was No. I wouldn't want to play Iona and Pitino either. it does nothing but allow the media to reprint the entire story all over again. Also like it or not, there is still bad blood between Pitino, the school, and part of the fan base.

As long as Chris Mack is the coach, it’s going to be weird for Rick. Mack isn’t a Pitino enemy, but Mack is tied with Tyra and the new admin that ousted him and his crew. There’s going to be animosity for a while.

The UK thing, I think his animosity has died down against those guys. Whereas he left here being forced out, he chose to leave UK. I think he’s looking for closure with that part of his career.

Now down the road, he’ll get his closure here. But it’s going to take time. Heck the NCAA hasn’t even announced sanctions, so that chapter hasn’t fully closed.

Sounds like you’re an undercover sUcKs fan with that kind of rhetoric!
Far from it. I'm a Pitino fan but I'm a bigger Cardinal fan. I enjoyed Pitino's time here but it doesn't change the fact that he left a black mark on our program that will last.

You idiots! He doesn’t want to play us because he wants to spare both schools the media publicity. If he wanted to stick it to us he would have said yeah I love to play the Cardinals. He’s also not afraid of competition since he challenged UK knowing that he probably wouldn’t be able to compete with them immediately, but hell if Evansville can beat them..

Last edited:
Reactions: BooneCo_Card

And Peck and Denny b4 that!

Maybe he doesn't want to help us financially since it's becoming more apparent that about 6,000 of our fans came to watch him coach the team...

...like it or not, there is still bad blood between Pitino, the school, and part of the fan base.
This place is where I hear most of the Pitino hate. In fact, until something like this news comes up, I hardly hear his name mentioned.

Butthurt is what comes to mind for me...

Last edited:
...I enjoyed Pitino's time here but it doesn't change the fact that he left a black mark on our program that will last.
This is the mark Pitino left that has caused the greatest damage...

01.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT