ADVERTISEMENT

Introducing Your Rival...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipp

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2001
...on Senior Day and celebrating its first bowl game since 2010. Makes ya proud... o_O

peay%2001_zpsdgsvxgz2.jpg

They couldn't wait for a bowl game. Can you imagine how well they'll travel to Birmingham or Shreveport?

But hey, that's our rival!... :rolleyes:

Reactions: CatPhight
...on Senior Day and celebrating its first bowl game since 2010. Makes ya proud... o_O

And yet here we are... needing this game against our arch rival, if only to wash the stink of losing to the Cougars and build some momentum into a decent bowl game and the thought of humiliating them before they go spend their money on a inconsequential bowl game.:cool:

Well, if they have to be on our schedule, then you have to beat them whether it does you much good or not. That's the reality of scheduling a basketball school for football...

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Like it or not Kentucky is our rival. That status ain't going nowhere. There are plenty of schools out there that don't like playing their rival. You can whine all day and night and at the end of the day all you got is a whiner and the game continues. STFU and grow up or else find a team who has a rival that you approve of.

...There are plenty of schools out there that don't like playing their rival...
Maybe we need to give one or two of those unwilling rivals an alternative...

LSU @ Texas A&M
Arkansas @ Missouri
Nebraska @ Iowa
(Syracuse) @ Pittsburgh
WVU @ Iowa State
(Duke) @ Miami, FL
Tennessee @ Vanderbilt

These games are scheduled for this weekend. Any of them except those in parentheses would be eligible to play. I'm obviously not advocating Vandy or an Iowa team. And I can't believe any of these teams are firmly committed to keeping these games on rivalry weekend. In fact, I'm not sure how many are on NEXT year's final weekend.

The one thing that is sure is that they're better games than LPT in most years. And "better" also means improving our SOS...

Maybe we need to give one or two of those unwilling rivals an alternative...

LSU @ Texas A&M
Arkansas @ Missouri
Nebraska @ Iowa
(Syracuse) @ Pittsburgh
WVU @ Iowa State
(Duke) @ Miami, FL
Tennessee @ Vanderbilt

These games are scheduled for this weekend. Any of them except those in parentheses would be eligible to play. I'm obviously not advocating Vandy or an Iowa team. And I can't believe any of these teams are firmly committed to keeping these games on rivalry weekend. In fact, I'm not sure how many are on NEXT year's final weekend.

The one thing that is sure is that they're better games than LPT in most years. And "better" also means improving our SOS...
Why don't you pick another school as your favorite, maybe one that has a rival that you approve of.

Actually Zipp, your obsession with everything UK is bewildering, down to your avatars. You should make them your favorite school then you can join them in putting down the yum center and you will have a rival that you like.
It's the same old story... Arena proponents say I obsess on the arena. Slapd!cks say I obsess on them. People who hate to be debated say that's all I'm here for.

As I like to say... I can cover a lotta ground in almost thirty thousand posts. :D

Reactions: CatPhight
It's the same old story... Arena proponents say I obsess on the arena. Slapd!cks say I obsess on them. People who hate to be debated say that's all I'm here for.

As I like to say... I can cover a lotta ground in almost thirty thousand posts. :D
As I like to say, get out from behind the computer and live a real life...

I went to the game. The UK fans I went with knew attendance would be down. I thought, as we headed to the stadium, it wouldn't be as bad as they thought. Sure enough. It was probably the least attended UK home game I've ever been to. And, I don't understand it. Bowl eligibility on the line, last home game, Senior Day. It's inexcusable, really.

Here's another fun fact...

Ever have any trouble finding a bowl official at a game with a bowl-eligible team playing? Those guys live to fly on airplanes and smoke cigars this time of year.

Evidently, one couldn't be found at the LPT-Pee game. I guess even bowl organizers don't have enough respect for LPT to show up for one of their late-season games. (Gotta love THAT "rival"...)

Or they wanted to wait to make sure Pee wouldn't win its first game in two years.

LPT Football: We've broken a lot of streaks...

I'll be interested to see our own attendance on Saturday...

Majestic,

You are late to the party. Zipp and I have this ongoing discussion about the fact that he wants to drop UK in every sports and disown them as a rival. He goes to say that we don't need them but yet constantly claims they have the elitist mentality. My opinion is to thrash them on the court, on the field, anywhere, anytime and not have the take my ball and go home response. He claims to be in the majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT