ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting take from FSU Jimbo Fisher and LSU

Feb 19, 2003
From the article...very different than Petrino yesterday...

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher said he has not had contact with LSU and his focus is on upcoming opponent North Carolina.

LSU fired Les Miles on Sunday, and Fisher is expected to be one of LSU's targets. He was rumored to be a priority target for LSU last season when Miles' status was in limbo late in the year.

"I'm not talking about LSU. No I haven't [had contact] and I'm not talking about it," Fisher said, "We're talking about North Carolina."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-says-not-had-contact-lsu-head-coach-position

I'm at a loss to understand why you'd be interested in leaving Florida State to go to LSU. It's a lateral move and I'm sure you'd want to have Clemson or Louisville as your main competition as opposed to Alabama, Auburn and Texas A&M. Alabama's number one every year. Unless he had ties to Louisiana or is from there I'm not sure why he'd consider this at all.

I'm at a loss to understand why you'd be interested in leaving Florida State to go to LSU. It's a lateral move and I'm sure you'd want to have Clemson or Louisville as your main competition as opposed to Alabama, Auburn and Texas A&M. Alabama's number one every year. Unless he had ties to Louisiana or is from there I'm not sure why he'd consider this at all.
What Der said!

I totally agree, but there were rumors last year when Miles was about to be fired that LSU was offering crazy money like $8M plus a year. Or, Jimbo is just putting a little fear factor out there to increase his salary.

Reactions: gocds
Fisher has ties to both schools. He played for and coached under Terry Bowden. He was OC under both Saban and Miles at LSU from 2000-2006. He then went to FSU under Bobby Bowden, as OC and HC in waiting. He is clearly going to work this for a big pay day from one of these schools. It would probably help him if Clemson won Saturday. Hope to hell we disappoint him...

LSU bypassed Fisher over Miles when both were on the staff as assistants. After that, Fisher took a lateral move to FSU as a coordinator.

Rumor has it that Jimbo doesn't like the admin at FSU. That's either true or the classic agent smokescreen to get more money. LSU people feel like they could have got him at the end of last year.

LSU bypassed Fisher over Miles when both were on the staff as assistants. After that, Fisher took a lateral move to FSU as a coordinator.

Les Miles was never on the staff at LSU as an assistant. He was head coach at Oklahoma State prior to getting the LSU job. He was an assistant at Michigan, Colorado, Oklahoma State and the Dallas Cowboys.

Fisher actually took the Head Coaching job at UAB after leaving LSU. Alabama and Bear Bryant, Jr blocked the hire saying it was too expensive (we all know about the weird power craze Alabama has over UAB). Fisher then went to Florida State to become the HC in waiting.

Reactions: jim57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT