ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Q&A from Bozich with Tyra

Not that interested. How about the highlights that you enjoy and those you think I would enjoy? ...Since I'm sure they're different. :cool:

Bozo will turn on Tyra sooner or later. Once the “newness” wears off, Bozo will be back to bashing and persecuting Louisville Athletics and its AD. It’s what he does, he’s made a career out of it.

Stuff like this continues to convince me that Vince Tyra knows how lucky he is to have followed a guy like Tom Jurich. Just “reading between the lines” a little. This isn’t meant to be critical, but rather a reality check. I believe VT is off on the right foot.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

My take on Tyra and Jurich and reading between the lines to date...
  • Tyra respects what Jurich accomplished and would love to keep that ball rolling. As long as Tyra's been around U of L, how could he NOT feel that way?
  • He doesn't think some fans will give him a chance in Jurich's footsteps, and maybe that's true. (In my case, I prefer to view that as holding Tyra to Jurich's standards--on everything.)
  • Tyra once considered himself a friend of Jurich. If that was ever reciprocated--we have no evidence it was or wasn't--it's pretty clear now that Jurich doesn't share that sentiment.
  • At this point and for obvious reasons on balance, Tyra probably would tell you off the record that he would prefer not hearing Jurich's name anymore.
I have no doubt that Tyra is a fan of U of L and will try to make U of L athletics successful. For many/most fans, that's enough to satisfy them. I'm most interested in the "success" part financially and on the playing field. Jurich wasn't a fan of U of L before he came here and succeeded magnificently. Being a fan in the end is irrelevant when you have a job to do.

As far as this article which I eventually read, it is what I call a "fluff piece". If you like Tyra, enjoyable to read but not really much from a point-counterpoint angle...

My take on Tyra and Jurich and reading between the lines to date...
  • Tyra respects what Jurich accomplished and would love to keep that ball rolling. As long as Tyra's been around U of L, how could he NOT feel that way?
  • He doesn't think some fans will give him a chance in Jurich's footsteps, and maybe that's true. (In my case, I prefer to view that as holding Tyra to Jurich's standards--on everything.)
  • Tyra once considered himself a friend of Jurich. If that was ever reciprocated--we have no evidence it was or wasn't--it's pretty clear now that Jurich doesn't share that sentiment.
  • At this point and for obvious reasons on balance, Tyra probably would tell you off the record that he would prefer not hearing Jurich's name anymore.
I have no doubt that Tyra is a fan of U of L and will try to make U of L athletics successful. For many/most fans, that's enough to satisfy them. I'm most interested in the "success" part financially and on the playing field. Jurich wasn't a fan of U of L before he came here and succeeded magnificently. Being a fan in the end is irrelevant when you have a job to do.

As far as this article which I eventually read, it is what I call a "fluff piece". If you like Tyra, enjoyable to read but not really much from a point-counterpoint angle...

You’ve over and over again said you only listen to the pro-UofL radio shows...”Fluff shows”. Hypocrite!

You’ve over and over again said you only listen to the pro-UofL radio shows...”Fluff shows”. Hypocrite!
Your comprehension--or memory--is lacking. (Your obsession for 'zipp' is still strong however...)

I said I mostly listen to LOCAL programming and/or U of L centric. I even enjoy listening to slappies whine about their misfortunes. Granted, that's hard to find during the summer. But I'm the last guy to want U of L sunshine pumped up my a$$ nowadays. And even less so, Fanboy sunshine.

fanboy_zpsidey2ndo.jpg

BTW does that pic creep anyone else out?...
I admit it is more, than a little creepy. But , in a true evaluation ,I consider it about 50 percent as creepy as your avatar. Come on Man, we all get the love, but show a little independence. Just saying.

Reactions: BankerCat12
ADVERTISEMENT