ADVERTISEMENT

ingram removes louisville from his list

Law007

5000+
May 29, 2001
Ingram, the 6-foot-6, 210-pound small forward from St. Mark’s (TX), named Stanford, North Carolina, Purdue, Michigan, Howard and Harvard as his final six schools on Saturday, via Twitter.

He cut Baylor, Louisville, Tennessee, Arkansas, Memphis and Texas A&M from his previous Top 10, adding Harvard and HBCU Howard to his list.

According to 247Sports.com, Ingram is ranked as the No. 6 small forward and No. 18 overall player in the Class of 2021.

Howard and Harvard I am not sure what he is thinking there. Go to Howard and you go nowhere whether it is in sports or the business world. Go to Harvard and you go nowhere in sports but you will get a good job business wise. Go to the other schools listed and you have a chance getting to the big leagues.

Howard and Harvard I am not sure what he is thinking there. Go to Howard and you go nowhere whether it is in sports or the business world. Go to Harvard and you go nowhere in sports but you will get a good job business wise. Go to the other schools listed and you have a chance getting to the big leagues.
Harvard gives him the opportunity to be a fifth year senior somewhere else.

You’re right - no one has ever made it in pro sports from a non-P5 conference. :rolleyes: Professional sports finds the talent - whether it’s in a P-5 conference or on another continent.

Here’s a list of notable Howard alumni - a real bunch of nobodies - lol.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Howard_University_people

Howard is one of the elite HBCU for minoritys and some of the most successful minorites in the professional world are alumni from this esteem university of HBCUS. Comments like that are why things are happening as they are playing out now. A lack of a broad understanding of all cultures .

* Possible next Vice President is Alumni of Howard Kamala Harris*

Last edited:
You’re right - no one has ever made it in pro sports from a non-P5 conference. :rolleyes: Professional sports finds the talent - whether it’s in a P-5 conference or on another continent.

Here’s a list of notable Howard alumni - a real bunch of nobodies - lol.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Howard_University_people
And i can tell you for a fact that list is not even tipping the iceberg its missing so many present day AA fortune 500 CEOS's and exec's and self made multi millionaires from Howard.

Reactions: BPGhost
I never said nobody from a P5 school wouldn’t make it in the pro’s or the business world. There you go again not comprehending what I posted. I do want to thank you for posting the noted Howard graduates it kind of proves my point. It is a 153 years old and that list you posted has 48 names on it. That averages out to 3 noted graduates every 50 years.

I never said nobody from a P5 school wouldn’t make it in the pro’s or the business world. There you go again not comprehending what I posted. I do want to thank you for posting the noted Howard graduates it kind of proves my point. It is a 153 years old and that list you posted has 48 names on it. That averages out to 3 noted graduates every 50 years.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to post and to remove all doubt. Seriously, I hope you delete your post.

Wow the true thought s of people really come out another one just like that other one i put on ignore, Would have never thought he is like him too.

I thought about a lengthier reply. But his post is simply sad, ignorant and divisive. Not worth the bandwidth it took to get it onto this webpage.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
I thought about a lengthier reply. But his post is simply sad, ignorant and divisive. Not worth the bandwidth it took to get it onto this webpage.
Same here because what i want to write would offend those posters that are not like him or the other person.

Wow how can he say that oh my God that is awful. When I look at Howard University compared to lowly University of Louisville there is no comparison. Louisville has more famous alumni academically and athletically than Howard. More than likely so does any P5 school does also and that is what the comparison was about.

Just for the fun of it I have asked numerous people if they know where Howard University is. Not surprising at all nobody has ever heard of them. I know about Howard because I went to the University of Maryland which is about 18 miles down the road and they were always the butt of jokes when Maryland played them in basketball.
I think it is funny that you think Howard is on the same level as a P5 program in athletics. I also think it is funny that you think Howard is on the same level as A P5 program for academic recognition. Howard might have academic success but so does Sullivan Business College. The question is would you go there if you were a top athlete who had aspirations of going to the next level?

Just for the fun of it I have asked numerous people if they know where Howard University is. Not surprising at all nobody has ever heard of them. I know about Howard because I went to the University of Maryland which is about 18 miles down the road and they were always the butt of jokes when Maryland played them in basketball.
I think it is funny that you think Howard is on the same level as a P5 program in athletics. I also think it is funny that you think Howard is on the same level as A P5 program for academic recognition. Howard might have academic success but so does Sullivan Business College. The question is would you go there if you were a top athlete who had aspirations of going to the next level?

If you are a top flight recruit that has gotten exposure on AAU circuit it doesn’t matter where you go to college. Frankly I’m surprised so many of these guys go anywhere. I’d earn a paycheck in the G league or in Europe.

The NCAA reported $1.1 billion in revenue for its 2017 fiscal year. Most of that money comes from the Division I men’s-basketball tournament. In 2016, the NCAA extended its television agreement with CBS Sports and Turner Broadcasting through 2032—an $8.8 billion deal. About 30 Division I schools each bring in at least $100 million in athletic revenue every year. Almost all of these schools are majority white—in fact, black men make up only 2.4 percent of the total undergraduate population of the 65 schools in the so-called Power Five athletic conferences. Yet black men make up 55 percent of the football players in those conferences, and 56 percent of basketball players.

Black athletes have attracted money and attention to the predominantly white universities that showcase them. Meanwhile, black colleges are struggling. Alabama’s athletic department generated $174 million in the 2016–17 school year, whereas the HBCU that generated the most money from athletics that year, Prairie View A&M, brought in less than $18 million. Beyond sports, the average HBCU endowment is only one-eighth that of the average predominantly white school; taken together, all of the HBCU endowments combined make up less than a tenth of Harvard’s.

Why should this matter to anyone beyond the administrators and alumni of the HBCUs themselves? Because black colleges play an important role in the creation and propagation of a black professional class. Despite constituting only 3 percent of four-year colleges in the country, HBCUs have produced 80 percent of the black judges, 50 percent of the black lawyers, 50 percent of the black doctors, 40 percent of the black engineers, 40 percent of the black members of Congress, and 13 percent of the black CEOs in America today. (They have also produced this election cycle’s only black female candidate for the U.S. presidency: Kamala Harris is a 1986 graduate of Howard University.)

So your expanding the debate instead of just talking about Howard we are talking about all the black Universities. I have nothing against Howard I just don’t think they compare or have the same status as a P5 program when you think they do. Now if you want to combine all of the black Universities into one and compare it to one P5 school ( and that looks like what you’re doing) then you would win.
I think there are great white and black athletes that have come out of the college ranks and in to the pros. This is not about that this is about Howard not being on the same level as a P5 Program. If Ingram wants to go to Howard and disappear I wish him the best.

Just pointing out your lack of knowledge about HBCU's in which you definitely lack.However that is not surprising .

So you are losing the argument about Howard competing with P5 programs and then you compare all black Universities as one. It looks like you’re losing the argument on Howard so you go for a different approach. However that doesn’t surprise me because you do that every time you’re wrong and that is quite often.

So you are losing the argument about Howard competing with P5 programs and then you compare all black Universities as one. It looks like you’re losing the argument on Howard so you go for a different approach. However that doesn’t surprise me because you do that every time you’re wrong and that is quite often.
Nothing too lose when i'm not in a competition . And i suggest you go back to my initial response to your wrong comments and read what i wrote. I stated nothing in the context of competing in the sense i guess your thinking. I gave you a perspective of going their for the reasons a black person would and should . As i stated you wouldn't understand that nor should i expect you should. I'm done wasting my energy on folks with your mindset !

Ingram is considering Howard because another 5-star (Maker Makur) has already committed there, and both of them are strong supporters of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Reactions: gocds
I’m not sure why all of the concern about where this young man chose to commit to. If he doesn’t want to be at UofL then so be it. Let’s move on because we have options for our basketball program. The conversation about academics here or there is irrelevant because this is about basketball, period. Howard is a good school and so is UofL.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!

I’m not sure why all of the concern about where this young man chose to commit to. If he doesn’t want to be at UofL then so be it. Let’s move on because we have options for our basketball program. The conversation about academics here or there is irrelevant because this is about basketball, period. Howard is a good school and so is UofL.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!

I second that emotion. As long as he doesn't go to Kittyland or Dukeville I don't care where he chooses to go.

Go Cards

Last edited:
Ingram is considering Howard because another 5-star (Maker Makur) has already committed there, and both of them are strong supporters of the Black Lives Matter movement.
Funny, none of these hotshots gave a rats a$$ about the small "traditional black" colleges until BLM became the current "thing".

Not that it matters what I think, but I'll wait until I see them in uniform at a "small" school to see if their "conviction" to the cause outweighs their need for major exposure.

If they do, I will give them kudo's.

I liked it better when athletes chose a school because they liked the coaching staff or the curriculum. This sounds like self segregation only time will tell. I don’t have any problem with Ingram on any recruit choosing another school. I just don’t see Howard as a P5 program.
After this thread I did google Howard’s coaching staff and they do sound good. It will be interesting to see if they make Howard relevant. If they do and if they do and a P5 school comes after their coaches will they stay or will they go?

RIP Black Panther and Howard University alum to Wakanda

Kamala Harris
@KamalaHarris

·
1h

During his commencement speech at our beloved Howard alum, my friend Chadwick Boseman said, "press on with pride and press on with purpose.” In his name, let’s keep fighting.

It’s analogous to consoling yourself over how many other schools are having problems. When you fall into that trap, you’re indicting your own school more than the other one(s).

But if it makes you feel better, carry on...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT