ADVERTISEMENT

Indy Gameday Experience

Jun 10, 2005
Traveled to Indy for the Purdue game.

Friends from Indy that didn't go to the game were impressed with the Louisville turnout.

Purdue fans were great, much better than low brow IU-Bloomington fans. Talked to many of them at the downtown bars. They are all in love with Brohm's attitude towards the program. One drunk "younger" Purdue fan asked us if we Louisville fans brought hookers with us....I asked him if Purdue was in Indiana or Illinois, most people want to know....we all had a good laugh.

Purdue has a very BIG marching band. Ladybirds > Gold Dusters. Purdue Pete > New Crackhead Cardinal Bird.

Counted THREE people decked out in UK gear. 2 of them looked like Methheads, the other weighed about 400 lbs. Looked like they got their UK gear at Wal-Mart.

Troubled by the O-line and penalties.

If Louisville wins every game by 7 points, they'll be 12-0. Just imagine.

Last edited:
A couple people got kicked out like 5 rows in front of us. Causing trouble.

Had a great trip got to eat lunch at Pimanti Brothers only get to do that when I head back to Pittsbugh and since both my grandparents are gone I don't get back much. Weather was great and Purdue fans we alright. Their very happy with Brohm really how could they be anything but happy. I know we made mistakes but that was a different Purdue team from last year. They have fire and they are well coached. I think it's close whether we made those mistakes or not. Actually it probably turned out to be a good first test, rather than playing some complete cupcake like a lot of teams did. Let see the Brohm's know Bobby's style and they have decent players probably much like we were in the Big East. Look at what we did to Florida. I think it will show are players they better play harder and stay focused. And if the did overlook Purdue (And I doubt that) they may have learned not to overlook anyone. Any given Saturday someone can kick your a$$ if you don't bring your A game.

No slapdicks in the alumni lot-just lots of food, drink and lovely women. a great time was had by all. Purdue is a pretty chill fanbase, actually very nice people. The only idiots I saw were drunk UL fans.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
No slapdicks in the alumni lot-just lots of food, drink and lovely women. a great time was had by all. Purdue is a pretty chill fanbase, actually very nice people. The only idiots I saw were drunk UL fans.

Glad to hear. I think we're just glad to have a legit football coach again you know? These last 4 years have made our fanbase quite apathetic. 9 wins in 4 years will do that haha. Good luck the rest of the way.

ADVERTISEMENT