ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming safety Zay Peterson

Ibleedblue1973

Getting the Hang of It
Nov 18, 2019
Guys do yourself a favor and watch this kids highlights. He is a human jackhammer. The hardest hitting safety in a Cardinal uniform in forever. No such thing as yards after contact with this guy. When he thumps you its over. He will absolutely be a crowd favorite. I swear its looks like he has a 5th gear he goes in on his last step before hitting someone. Then he drives all the way through them.. This isn't taught its something that's in you or not. Holysh@=×-:t!!!!

Only saw his JR highlights, but you can tell that kid has a meanstreak. Favorite play was that bubble screen where he blew the blocking WR up and went and made the tackle. Good size already too!

I think the Cards defense is going to be nasty next year, up front at the backer position and in the secondary.

Guys do yourself a favor and watch this kids highlights. He is a human jackhammer. The hardest hitting safety in a Cardinal uniform in forever. No such thing as yards after contact with this guy. When he thumps you its over. He will absolutely be a crowd favorite. I swear its looks like he has a 5th gear he goes in on his last step before hitting someone. Then he drives all the way through them.. This isn't taught its something that's in you or not. Holysh@=×-:t!!!!

Most kids he recruits have that mean streak. Go look at Wilson or Boykin from last year. Even Jamal Starks can hit like a brick.

Reactions: SpotHogCard

Calvin Pryor was our last missile at safety. Hope this guy emulates Pryor.

Reactions: kentuckyshame
Man I'm still hearing stuff like; wee won't see that much of a difference next season but beyond that we will. I'm here to say BULL. People won't recognize our team next year . this class and last years almost entire redshirted class is full of impact guys. And offense will get better too. With our schedule don't be Fitzpatrick is a freak. Devante Parker 2.0

I do think we should see improved depth. With the add-back of Starks and Boykin, we have a total of 7 defensive players from the 2019 class: 2 DL, 3 LB, and 2 DB. And now this 2020 class we’ve added 4 DL, 2 LB, and 4 more DB’s. You add those 17 players to the 15 other players who will return from the current depth chart, and you should have a lot of competition between those 32 players to get into the defensive two-deep.

Russ Yeast, PJ Blue, Derek Dorsey, Ramon Puryear, possibly even Dejmi Dumervil Jean will also could factor into the defensive competition.

Last edited:
Man I'm still hearing stuff like; wee won't see that much of a difference next season but beyond that we will. I'm here to say BULL. People won't recognize our team next year . this class and last years almost entire redshirted class is full of impact guys. And offense will get better too. With our schedule don't be Fitzpatrick is a freak. Devante Parker 2.0
I echo this 1000%.With Cunningham going into fall and spring camp knowing he is the starter going in plus with both the Fitzpatrick brothers as bookend wideouts. And Coach Satt said he got another guy just as fast as Tutu in the slot coming. The Cards are going to be EXPLOSIVE next season.

We may get a few more stops next year, and may turn some TDs into FGs. This might result in an extra win next year. I would be delighted with this outcome

It would be nice to add some grad transfers in the D front seven. I think kids are able to play earlier but only in small spurts. You would prefer to redshirt kid on DLine and OLine. They don’t have that luxury.

ADVERTISEMENT