ADVERTISEMENT

In game take

Sep 2, 2011
our Defense is not up to ACC standard... Miami has got a QB...and a kicker...we don't do well against defensive speed.

Gonna keep saying this we need size on both lines plain and simple. Until Sat gets some serious beef on the line we will struggle against these type opponents,

Reactions: PushupMan
King killed us last year. Feels like the same game except Cunningham. He has to play better.

Miami was more physical and athletic last year. Nothing has changed on that front. We have better coaching but they now have a consistent QB.

I really didn't understand the play calling last night. Offense or defense. It just didn't seem like a CSS game plan???? I forgot to hit the dvr record before going to the game..... so no armchair qb'ing from me. o_O

Things to ponder:

1) Why didn’t we go more to Hawkins in first half. Seemed like Miami couldn’t contain him on certain plays.

2) Atwell is your #1 playmaker. Why only a few touches in first half? If you have 3rd and short, there’s no one in the league going to stop Tutu on a screen play or pitch to the outside. We only seem to use that like a trick play. Use it till they prove they can stop you.

3)Once the 3 man rush failed at 3rd and 18, stop using it and put it in your pocket.

4) when you’re down by more than a TD, stop trying to run kickoffs back when the returner catches the ball within the 10 yard line. Take the ball at the 25 yd line and take some of the pressure off the offense. You can’t rely or depend on big plays all the time.

Things to ponder:

1) Why didn’t we go more to Hawkins in first half. Seemed like Miami couldn’t contain him on certain plays.

2) Atwell is your #1 playmaker. Why only a few touches in first half? If you have 3rd and short, there’s no one in the league going to stop Tutu on a screen play or pitch to the outside. We only seem to use that like a trick play. Use it till they prove they can stop you.

3)Once the 3 man rush failed at 3rd and 18, stop using it and put it in your pocket.

4) when you’re down by more than a TD, stop trying to run kickoffs back when the returner catches the ball within the 10 yard line. Take the ball at the 25 yd line and take some of the pressure off the offense. You can’t rely or depend on big plays all the time.
Agree with point 3. I didn’t get that either. Whenever we pressured King, he was less effective. Agree with point 4 unless Hassan Hall is returning. He can break one any time.

Too many lateral throws or throws behind the line. Miami was all over those. We were more successful going downfield to Marshall and Dez. They did go a lot to Atwell in the second half- it was key to the comeback.

We couldn't throw the ball down field consistently because MC was running for his life. He had to get the ball out quick.

ADVERTISEMENT