ADVERTISEMENT

In conference is Clemson our rival?

MDCardsFan

500+
Sep 21, 2015
Simple question, I think they are and I know that we haven't beaten them, but came awfully close the last few games.

Simple question, I think they are and I know that we haven't beaten them, but came awfully close the last few games.
I would say yes. I think we have more history with the Seminoles but we have to prove we can consistently beat them as well. I think, by nature, Clemson is the top of our conference so we should consider them as our top rivals but they probably consider the seminoles as their top rival, as probably it should be until we can get over the hump.

I'd say our rivals are fsu, UVA and Miami. Fsu because we have been trading punches, UVA is the cross division team giving us problems, and we've been battling Miami for recruits and beaten them twice recently. I always hate to play UVA in anything. FSU treats us as little brother, but with the way we beat them it'll be interesting now that we are a little bit more legit. Miami fears that we are going to close their window to college football stardom before they can become relevant again.

I've always thought that "rivalry" thing is a two-way street if it has any legitimacy. Before deciding who you think your rival is, you may wanna first ask how THEY feel.

In sync with the OP, I think you'd have a tough time convincing Clemson fans of that...

Reactions: SoulSr
I would go with Clemson and FSU. They are our division rivals that we have to go through to play for the Conference Title.

From the 1000 foot view.....I would have to say all the teams in the ACC Atlantic Division.....cause in order to win the division.....Cards need to beat them all.

Press me to pick one team......I would have to say FSU #1 with Clems son a very close 2nd.;):p

I've always thought that "rivalry" thing is a two-way street if it has any legitimacy. Before deciding who you think your rival is, you may wanna first ask how THEY feel.

In sync with the OP, I think you'd have a tough time convincing Clemson fans of that...

Oh I know that Clemson fans wouldn't say us, they most likely say FSU.

In order to have rivalry BOTH teams need to win once in a while.

(Ask Tenn if their rival is uk ;))

So we're closer to a "rivalry" with FSU than CU.

As Zipp says, we have to do our part.

Reactions: Mayoman
Rivalries aren't chosen they are bred. It will take a few more years of ACC membership for true rivals to develop. That said; and although losing to Clemson 3 years in a row, we were in a position to win each of them at the end of those games.

Reactions: nccardfan
I don't know if we'll ever have the kind of rivalry in the league that Zipp is talking about. Maybe 20 years from now, if we rise up to another level and start winning championships like the teams we want to make into true rivals. As long as we keep fielding competitive teams we'll continue to grow the respect of rival programs.

ADVERTISEMENT