ADVERTISEMENT

"Im not in a hurry to leave a good situation"

So, in the past 10 years how much winning has Purdue done? How many bowls have you gone too? How many consecutive losing seasons have you had? How many BCS level bowls?

How many ESPN college games days in the past 10 years? How many guys you put in the NFL in the past 10 years. How many first round draft picks?

And yes. The easier path to a major bowl is in our division of the ACC. You beat Clemson and you’re in. Even if you lose the ACC championship game. The toughest opponent in your division is Wisconsin. Which means you have to win the Big 10 championship game to get in the playoffs. Besides as a program you don’t have the recent history that we do. You haven’t been to a BCS bowl game recently. You haven’t had several winning season back to back. Won more than 9 games in forever. You don’t have the draw that we would have when bowl selection committees are selecting teams for major bowls.
Well, we did beat the B1G east champion this year, so it's not really that far-fetched that CJB could do it again. Fact is, having an easier road to the conference championship means you'll also have more shots at winning it.

The Big East Football Line up in 2010 was Cincy, UConn, Pittsburgh, South Florida, Syracuse, Rutgers, Louisville and West Virginia. Yep...that’s just like the AAC. Yep...no difference at all. Question...do you really follow NCAA football?
cincy, Uconn, and south Florida are still there.
Louisville and West Virginia's success has been mimicked by Houston and UCF. The other three are basically temple, Tulsa, and Memphis now. It was a average at best conference.

doesn't seem ready to leave Orlando just yet.

In a recent interview with USA Today, UCF's 42-year-old head coach, who's a hot commodity in the sport right now, said he's not "in a hurry" to leave UCF.

“I’m not going to be in a hurry to leave a good situation,” Frost told USA TODAY Sports' Paul Myerberg. “One reason I took this job is that this place has a chance to I think maintain a level of competitiveness and excellence because of the advantages we have here.”

Well, well, well............

Honestly though, best of luck in your coaching search. I’m sure there are some really solid candidates out there.

doesn't seem ready to leave Orlando just yet.

In a recent interview with USA Today, UCF's 42-year-old head coach, who's a hot commodity in the sport right now, said he's not "in a hurry" to leave UCF.

“I’m not going to be in a hurry to leave a good situation,” Frost told USA TODAY Sports' Paul Myerberg. “One reason I took this job is that this place has a chance to I think maintain a level of competitiveness and excellence because of the advantages we have here.”

Well, well, well............

cincy, Uconn, and south Florida are still there.
Louisville and West Virginia's success has been mimicked by Houston and UCF. The other three are basically temple, Tulsa, and Memphis now. It was a average at best conference.
Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Rutgers?

Yes, I was wrong on the seating capacity of your stadium that just got lights. But oh so right on your lack of winning the past 10 years. Your lack of bowl games. Your lack of first round draft picks. Your lack of draft picks period. Your lack of 8 win seasons. Your lack of 9 win seasons. Your lack of bowl appearances. Your lack of BCS bowl appearances etc etc

You're probably right there. Who would have ever believed Drew Brees would have lasted till the 2nd round?

Incredible.

ADVERTISEMENT