ADVERTISEMENT

"Im not in a hurry to leave a good situation"

Yeah i amended my post to say you all havent won one since the 60’s, so really you need to quit talking about competing for one. Hell, the last time you all played in a rose bowl was 17 years ago. So, just to talk facts, you all have played in two and the big ten has been tied to that game for 60 plus years. Lol, we’ve won the Orange and Sugar since you all have played in one. Again, just stop with the Rose Bowl talk.

It would be nice if you and the other purdue fans would kindly leave this board. If i were a moderator i would have already booted the ones like you who run your mouth.

I swear i wish Jeff would just come out and say he’s staying at Purdue just to make you goons go away.
Yea the big east probably shouldn't have had a BCS tie in. It did get you guys a couple of really nice bowl games to talk about though.

It was basically the same as the AAC is now and you see how UCF has won over 20 straight games and is getting basically 0 talk for the playoffs and they shouldn't. Not much national respect for the big east football after Miami, Virginia tech, and Boston college left.

So just because some idiot uofl fan(s) go to a purdue site to make snide comments about your program, you think that doesnt make you an idiot for doing the same thing?

There's probably like 2 UofL posters on your site. There's at least 15-20 PU posters here.

I think I was misunderstood or maybe I misunderstood what I responded to.

When I said "it happens on both sides" I meant predictions from posters who are 100% certain something is happening. Purdue posters are sure Brohm is staying and Louisville posters are sure he's on his way home.

As far as the posters on the other schools board I've seen a dozen or so Purdue posters here. I honestly don't know how many Louisville fans are posting on Purdue's site or if there are any at all.

Yea the big east probably shouldn't have had a BCS tie in. It did get you guys a couple of really nice bowl games to talk about though.

It was basically the same as the AAC is now and you see how UCF has won over 20 straight games and is getting basically 0 talk for the playoffs and they shouldn't. Not much national respect for the big east football after Miami, Virginia tech, and Boston college left.
Any credibility you had - and it was near zero - is lost after this dumbass post. purdoo would have been lucky to have finished 4th or 5th in the BE then, and when JB leaves this week, they’d be lucky to be 3rd in the AAC.

His post disappeared but i ll answer it for him.

2006 Big East
UofL , WVU, Rutgers, USF all finished with 9 wins or better.

Purdue was 8-6 for the season.

The Big East Football Line up in 2010 was Cincy, UConn, Pittsburgh, South Florida, Syracuse, Rutgers, Louisville and West Virginia. Yep...that’s just like the AAC. Yep...no difference at all. Question...do you really follow NCAA football?

It’s not always about more money. Sometimes it’s about what you think your ceiling is. Or you want to coach against better competition, or another school has a higher ceiling.

If Auburn fires Gus and they come calling do you think Jeff stays... nope. Auburn has a much richer tradition, better facilities, access to better talent, and because they are in the SEC they can still lose a game and make the playoffs. Same argument for a number of other tradition rich programs that may fire their coaches.

But you’re right. That’s not the scenario here. Here you have Louisville and Purdue. One has a just recently expanded stadium that seats upwards of 60K and the other seats a little over 42 and just got lights. One is 2-0 in BCS bowl games, and 2 years ago was in the playoff hunt, even as a 1 loss team. The other hadn’t had a winning season in over 5 years until they hired their new coach. One plays in one of the weakest divisions in college football. So even with an undefeated season in their division they still won’t get playoff talk unless they win the conference championship. If the other goes undefeated in division play they’re in.

Jeff may stay. I don’t doubt that or will argue that. But in the pecking order of college football there are a lot of schools with much higher ceilings and Louisville is one of those

A few obvious mistakes in your post:

1: Ross Ade seats 57,236 and is set for a massive renovation project that is a similar project to the one you just completed at your stadium on the south end zone.

2: You are actually incorrect with your statement that Purdue, if it had one loss, would be left out of the CFP. If Purdue had a single loss and won the BTT, they would likely be in the CFP. Watch what happens to OSU and see that a one loss B1G team gets in.

3: In your statement, you are trying to equate UofL with Auburn as to why Brohm would pick Auburn over Purdue just as he should do the same with UofL. That is something that just isn’t doable. If Brohm was at UofL and Auburn came calling, do you think he would leave?

4: Iowa a few years ago was definitely in the CFP talk after running the regular season title and then losing in the conference title game. If Purdue had started 3-0 and then run off the string of games that included beating OSU, you don’t think Purdue wouldn’t have been ‘in the discussion’?

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
And you folks know he is a man of his word with great integrity. Do you really think that postgame presser and CJB’s comments were coincidental with AD Mike Bobinski sitting in with a Big smile on his face? You have heard nothing from Bobinski or any Purdue leadership prior to yesterday and then all Bobinski did was smile. MB is a CPA among many talents and he believes in order and process and certainty. You would not have seen that media event or heard CJB’s comments if an agreement in principle had not been reached by two men who have integrity and believe a man’s word is his bond. Now you can get back to your comforting “Coach Speak” discussions until it finally sinks in that a decision was reached and the process is completed.

Why hasn't Jeff come out and plainly said it then? I will be staying at Purdue. I appreciate UofL's interest but I have a job to complete at Purdue.

That's all it would take and he wouldn't be wasting everyone's time. If the process is completed, wouldn't he have said so?

I don’t know why you all want Brohm when you have so little respect for his decision making and coaching at Purdue....

I obviously want Jeff....but I'm not one of those guys who'll be really angry if he doesn't come.

But I will say, if Jeff Brohm wasn't from Louisville he wouldn't even be under consideration right now. So I see your point.....the only aspect to me that makes Jeff exciting is his recruiting and he's far and away the most likely candidate to stick with Louisville regardless of who comes calling.

I think Jeff is a very solid coach but even I don't think he deserves to be paid top 10 money. For Louisville he's great because he can immediately turn local recruiting on its head and upgrade the roster.

Reactions: nccardfan
I obviously want Jeff....but I'm not one of those guys who'll be really angry if he doesn't come.

But I will say, if Jeff Brohm wasn't from Louisville he wouldn't even be under consideration right now. So I see your point.....the only aspect to me that makes Jeff exciting is his recruiting and he's far and away the most likely candidate to stick with Louisville regardless of who comes calling.

I think Jeff is a very solid coach but even I don't think he deserves to be paid top 10 money. For Louisville he's great because he can immediately turn local recruiting on its head and upgrade the roster.

And you are not competing with Xavier, Utah State, Western Kentucky, or Tulsa!

Well considering Xavier hasn’t played football in 30+ years, you are absolutely correct. I figured you’d eventually be right about something on this site.

Try 45 years. Their last winning coach was friend and fellow Sigma Chi Eddie Biles

Right now there are no wrong forums. The obvious point is what major hire in football and basketball have you made from Big Ten or any Power5 conference school?
Petrino was Auburn's OC you dip. I suppose that we could ask you the same question - what major hire in football or basketball has purdoo ever made from a P5 conference school?

Please regale us again with the tales of those heavy hitting schools like San Francisco college that were potentially interested in the band of scrubs that purdoo hired prior to Brohm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kentuckyshame
Petrino was Auburn's OC you dip. I suppose that we could ask you the same question - what major hire in football or basketball has purdoo ever made from a P5 conference school?

Please regale us again with the tales of those heavy hitting schools like San Francisco college that were potentially interested in the band of scrubs that purdoo hired prior to Brohm.
Maybe I'm a bit off here, but didn't Charlie Strong come from Florida? Pretty sure he was the UF DC there when he accepted the UofL job.

Oh, and I know Denny Crum came from UCLA.

what major hire in football or basketball has purdoo ever made from a P5 conference school?

Jim Young 77'- AZ, Fred Akers 87' - TX, Jim Colleto 93'-OSU

As you know, Brohm isn’t motivated by money. He does, however, love his hometown

Just was checking on here to see what most people thought who your next coach would be if not Brohm. I have no idea if he comes back to U of L, no info pro or con. However I do have inside information on people. To me, this is just about the most compelling reason he either stays at Purdue or returns to y'all - people are ALWAYS motivated by money. A former basketball coach of both of our universities showed that. If you don't think he is motivated by money, you are sadly mistaken. He will either get an extension from Purdue, or somewhere someone at U of L will have to come up with BIG MONEY and a guarantee he gets all the time in the world to turn things around with no fear of being let go. It is going to take more than likely 4 years to get back close to where y'all were at a point just a couple years back. As many have stated, there isn't a cupboard of even above average players on the roster. With some exiting, that list grows shorter. I'm not trying to be antagonistic just being logical.

I love all things UK, from birth to death. However I had a cousin who I loved dearly that basically was in charge of Freedom Hall and he was the same way for the Cards. This is not a good thing (the state of athletics) for the rivalry, the fans or OUR state.

You have NEVER hired anyone away from a Power5 school! Never!
Not that it matters, but coach Strong came from Florida. Pretty sure Florida is a Power5 school. I'm sure there are others unless you mean a former head coach from a Power5, and if that's what you mean then we just fired a guy who used to coach at a couple of P5 schools and the NFL too. Just saying.

Now explain to me why you're here posting on this site in the first place? You are so sure Brohm is not taking the UofL job then why waste your time here? There is absolutely no reason for you to be here since you are convinced CJB is staying in WL to coach Purdoodoo. Right?

I want to make sure you come back once Jeff Brohm announces he is leaving Purdoodoo for his hometown UofL Cardinals. I bet you don't have the stones to come back when the shoe drops. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

You have NEVER hired anyone away from a Power5 school! Never!

First off, you should keep this topic to football, I tried to help you but you just won’t shut up. Our last few coaches were Denny Crum, and Rick Pitino, two Hall of Famers. Rick Pitino could have coached anywhere in college that he wanted after the Celtics. As far as Chris Mack, he was a great hire, and obviously I’m glad we have him more than most p5 schools’ coaches, including Purdue’s. Also, when it comes to college b-ball, you may as well just shut up about p5 conferences being so much more dominant that non p5 schools, see UConn, Gonzaga, Butler, Villanova, etc. Pretty sure just those 4 schools have done way better than Purdue in the last 15-20 years.

As far as football goes, I’m pretty sure Schnellenberger had a pretty good run at Miami before UofL, does it really matter if we hired him away from Miami, which I don’t think we did. If you toss Ron Cooper you come to the Tom Jurich era, that guy got every single coach that he went after, he never even attempted to offer a HC at a p5 school. He did however hire a couple guys that ended up winning BCS bowls, so again, what the f is your point?

First off, you should keep this topic to football, I tried to help you but you just won’t shut up. Our last few coaches were Denny Crum, and Rick Pitino, two Hall of Famers. Rick Pitino could have coached anywhere in college that he wanted after the Celtics. As far as Chris Mack, he was a great hire, and obviously I’m glad we have him more than most p5 schools’ coaches, including Purdue’s. Also, when it comes to college b-ball, you may as well just shut up about p5 conferences being so much more dominant that non p5 schools, see UConn, Gonzaga, Butler, Villanova, etc. Pretty sure just those 4 schools have done way better than Purdue in the last 15-20 years.

As far as football goes, I’m pretty sure Schnellenberger had a pretty good run at Miami before UofL, does it really matter if we hired him away from Miami, which I don’t think we did. If you toss Ron Cooper you come to the Tom Jurich era, that guy got every single coach that he went after, he never even attempted to offer a HC at a p5 school. He did however hire a couple guys that ended up winning BCS bowls, so again, what the f is your point?

Not one of the people you mentioned was a head coach you hired away from another Power5 program. That is my point and has been my point. Everyone of them was either at a Group of 5 school, was an assistant coach or was an unemployed head coach in transition from professional sports. My position in this matter is indisputable. You have yet to ever hire a head football or basketball coach away from a major college program where they were employed in good standing!

Not one of the people you mentioned was a head coach you hired away from another Power5 program. That is my point and has been my point. Everyone of them was either at a Group of 5 school, was an assistant coach or was an unemployed head coach in transition from professional sports. My position in this matter is indisputable. You have yet to ever hire a head football or basketball coach away from a major college program where they were employed in good standing!
Point made. Please let this dead horse rest now. TIA

Reactions: destewart
Sweet baby jeebus, you’re such a scrub. What’s next - Louisville hasn’t hired an overweight guy named Joe? Of all of the inconsequential dumbass points to make - you certainly make the most.

Our - non P5 - coaches have won conference and national titles in basketball, conference and BCS games in football. Hang that pointy little hat of yours on the silliest of points but after that, understand that the best basketball coach purdoo ever had couldn’t hold either Crum or Pitino’s jock with both hands - even if you used your mouth to help them.

And football wise? We just fired a guy who (excluding JB) made the last 50 years of purdoo football coaches look like pee wee football league parents.

Your point proves nothing. My whole post proved that, at least in the last 20 years, we haven’t even attempted to hire a head coach in college football or basketball from a p5 school.

Sweet baby jeebus, you’re such a scrub. What’s next - Louisville hasn’t hired an overweight guy named Joe? Of all of the inconsequential dumbass points to make - you certainly make the most.

Our - non P5 - coaches have won conference and national titles in basketball, conference and BCS games in football. Hang that pointy little hat of yours on the silliest of points but after that, understand that the best basketball coach purdoo ever had couldn’t hold either Crum or Pitino’s jock with both hands - even if you used your mouth to help them.

And football wise? We just fired a guy who (excluding JB) made the last 50 years of purdoo football coaches look like pee wee football league parents.

Destewart reminds of Walter from The Big Lebowski.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT