ADVERTISEMENT

"Im not in a hurry to leave a good situation"

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
doesn't seem ready to leave Orlando just yet.

In a recent interview with USA Today, UCF's 42-year-old head coach, who's a hot commodity in the sport right now, said he's not "in a hurry" to leave UCF.

“I’m not going to be in a hurry to leave a good situation,” Frost told USA TODAY Sports' Paul Myerberg. “One reason I took this job is that this place has a chance to I think maintain a level of competitiveness and excellence because of the advantages we have here.”

Well, well, well............

doesn't seem ready to leave Orlando just yet.

In a recent interview with USA Today, UCF's 42-year-old head coach, who's a hot commodity in the sport right now, said he's not "in a hurry" to leave UCF.

“I’m not going to be in a hurry to leave a good situation,” Frost told USA TODAY Sports' Paul Myerberg. “One reason I took this job is that this place has a chance to I think maintain a level of competitiveness and excellence because of the advantages we have here.”

Well, well, well............

He went undefeated and still couldn’t make the CFP because of the conference he was in. He hit his ceiling.

It’s always the same comment every year from soon-to-be-departed coaches. Purdue’s naïveté surprises me.

It’s always the same comment every year from soon-to-be-departed coaches. Purdue’s naïveté surprises me.

LoL.
Theyre living on our board. Cute.

You have Brohms quote sayin he's happy at WKU.
Now i produce this one and theyre still hanging on.

Jeff Brohm will be Louisville's next coach.

Reactions: boilerbeezy
As you know, Brohm isn’t motivated by money. He does, however, love his hometown

And you folks know he is a man of his word with great integrity. Do you really think that postgame presser and CJB’s comments were coincidental with AD Mike Bobinski sitting in with a Big smile on his face? You have heard nothing from Bobinski or any Purdue leadership prior to yesterday and then all Bobinski did was smile. MB is a CPA among many talents and he believes in order and process and certainty. You would not have seen that media event or heard CJB’s comments if an agreement in principle had not been reached by two men who have integrity and believe a man’s word is his bond. Now you can get back to your comforting “Coach Speak” discussions until it finally sinks in that a decision was reached and the process is completed.

Both of the scenarios you quoted, the coach left for significantly more money. That’s not the scenario here.

It’s not always about more money. Sometimes it’s about what you think your ceiling is. Or you want to coach against better competition, or another school has a higher ceiling.

If Auburn fires Gus and they come calling do you think Jeff stays... nope. Auburn has a much richer tradition, better facilities, access to better talent, and because they are in the SEC they can still lose a game and make the playoffs. Same argument for a number of other tradition rich programs that may fire their coaches.

But you’re right. That’s not the scenario here. Here you have Louisville and Purdue. One has a just recently expanded stadium that seats upwards of 60K and the other seats a little over 42 and just got lights. One is 2-0 in BCS bowl games, and 2 years ago was in the playoff hunt, even as a 1 loss team. The other hadn’t had a winning season in over 5 years until they hired their new coach. One plays in one of the weakest divisions in college football. So even with an undefeated season in their division they still won’t get playoff talk unless they win the conference championship. If the other goes undefeated in division play they’re in.

Jeff may stay. I don’t doubt that or will argue that. But in the pecking order of college football there are a lot of schools with much higher ceilings and Louisville is one of those

It’s not always about more money. Sometimes it’s about what you think your ceiling is. Or you want to coach against better competition, or another school has a higher ceiling.

If Auburn fires Gus and they come calling do you think Jeff stays... nope. Auburn has a much richer tradition, better facilities, access to better talent, and because they are in the SEC they can still lose a game and make the playoffs. Same argument for a number of other tradition rich programs that may fire their coaches.

But you’re right. That’s not the scenario here. Here you have Louisville and Purdue. One has a just recently expanded stadium that seats upwards of 60K and the other seats a little over 42 and just got lights. One is 2-0 in BCS bowl games, and 2 years ago was in the playoff hunt, even as a 1 loss team. The other hadn’t had a winning season in over 5 years until they hired their new coach. One plays in one of the weakest divisions in college football. So even with an undefeated season in their division they still won’t get playoff talk unless they win the conference championship. If the other goes undefeated in division play they’re in.

Jeff may stay. I don’t doubt that or will argue that. But in the pecking order of college football there are a lot of schools with much higher ceilings and Louisville is one of those

42? Where are you getting your info? Purdue’s capacity is listed at just north of 57k and they had over 60k for 2 games this year. UL doesn’t have a “much higher ceiling” than Purdue. That’s laughable.

Ross Ade seats just shy of 60k. It was over 60k for decades, but the south end zone has been cleared out so the bleachers can be replaced during that upcoming renovation. And if you think the ACC > either B1G division, then I just don't know what to say.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Ross Ade seats just shy of 60k. It was over 60k for decades, but the south end zone has been cleared out so the bleachers can be replaced during that upcoming renovation. And if you think the ACC > either B1G division, then I just don't know what to say.

Ross-Ade hasn’t been below since before 1950. No idea where he got 42 from.

Big 10 football is a joke. Plain and simple. The ACC when FSU is it’s normal self, craps on the BIg10.

Reactions: CardinalJim
So, in the past 10 years how much winning has Purdue done? How many bowls have you gone too? How many consecutive losing seasons have you had? How many BCS level bowls?

How many ESPN college games days in the past 10 years? How many guys you put in the NFL in the past 10 years. How many first round draft picks?

And yes. The easier path to a major bowl is in our division of the ACC. You beat Clemson and you’re in. Even if you lose the ACC championship game. The toughest opponent in your division is Wisconsin. Which means you have to win the Big 10 championship game to get in the playoffs. Besides as a program you don’t have the recent history that we do. You haven’t been to a BCS bowl game recently. You haven’t had several winning season back to back. Won more than 9 games in forever. You don’t have the draw that we would have when bowl selection committees are selecting teams for major bowls.

So, in the past 10 years how much winning has Purdue done? How many bowls have you gone too? How many consecutive losing seasons have you had? How many BCS level bowls?

How many ESPN college games days in the past 10 years? How many guys you put in the NFL in the past 10 years. How many first round draft picks?

And yes. The easier path to a major bowl is in our division of the ACC. You beat Clemson and you’re in. Even if you lose the ACC championship game. The toughest opponent in your division is Wisconsin. Which means you have to win the Big 10 championship game to get in the playoffs. Besides as a program you don’t have the recent history that we do. You haven’t been to a BCS bowl game recently. You haven’t had several winning season back to back. Won more than 9 games in forever. You don’t have the draw that we would have when bowl selection committees are selecting teams for major bowls.

Just going to gloss over the fact you were way off on the seating capacity at Purdue? I would too if I were you. That wasn’t even close. Congrats on finally joining a big boy confetence 7 years ago too.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Yes, I was wrong on the seating capacity of your stadium that just got lights. But oh so right on your lack of winning the past 10 years. Your lack of bowl games. Your lack of first round draft picks. Your lack of draft picks period. Your lack of 8 win seasons. Your lack of 9 win seasons. Your lack of bowl appearances. Your lack of BCS bowl appearances etc etc

Reactions: GoldCard
Yes, I was wrong on the seating capacity of your stadium that just got lights. But oh so right on your lack of winning the past 10 years. Your lack of bowl games. Your lack of first round draft picks. Your lack of draft picks period. Your lack of 8 win seasons. Your lack of 9 win seasons. Your lack of bowl appearances. Your lack of BCS bowl appearances etc etc
Oh look, another poster bragging about big east results.
Purdue's ceiling is 8-4 or 9-3.
8-4 in the big ten west is getting ready to play in the conference championship for a chance to go to the Rose bowl.

Heisman winner got you a citrus bowl loss and came back to lead you to a gator bowl loss. Those were both 8 and 9 win seasons correct? Your new ceiling

What the hell does lights have to do with it? Purdue has its first Nationally televised night game in the 1980’s (against Ohio State) and has hosted countless night games since then. Our previous AD left two years ago. Had he not left, and Mike Bobinski not been hired, we would not be having this conversation. If you had not hired Jurich we would not be having this conversation.

8-4 in the big ten west is getting ready to play in the conference championship for a chance to go to the Rose bowl.

Heisman winner got you a citrus bowl loss and came back to lead you to a gator bowl loss. Those were both 8 and 9 win seasons correct? Your new ceiling
With our new coach Jeff Brohm our ceiling will definitely rise. A deal likely gets done in the next 48 hours, he's meeting with us today.

And what bowls were you going too since we joined the ACC? You could barely beat IU. Lol

Exactly when has the ceiling been higher than 9-3? You have 100 years of history and I can't find one 10 win season. Your history tells you your ceiling and it screams 8-4. I will admit Louisville's ceiling is much more difficult to project since it is new to the ACC, but they have had 10+ win seasons in every conference they have been part of it is not crazy to think they get that in the ACC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boiler4life92
And what bowls were you going too since we joined the ACC? You could barely beat IU. Lol
Since barely beating a bad team is funny I'll give you something to laugh about. How about bringing a heisman winner back and almost losing to a Purdue team coming off one of the worst 4 year stretches in recent big ten history.

Reactions: bodog57
Exactly when has the ceiling been higher than 9-3? You have 100 years of history and I can't find one 10 win season. Your history tells you your ceiling and it screams 8-4. I will admit Louisville's ceiling is much more difficult to project since it is new to the ACC, but they have had 10+ win seasons in every conference they have been part of it is not crazy to think they get that in the ACC.

Purdue football has never had the full commitment of the athletic department like they do now. Now that their arms aren’t tied behind their back, I think the ceiling is limitless.

Both of the scenarios you quoted, the coach left for significantly more money. That’s not the scenario here.

And you folks know he is a man of his word with great integrity. Do you really think that postgame presser and CJB’s comments were coincidental with AD Mike Bobinski sitting in with a Big smile on his face? You have heard nothing from Bobinski or any Purdue leadership prior to yesterday and then all Bobinski did was smile. MB is a CPA among many talents and he believes in order and process and certainty. You would not have seen that media event or heard CJB’s comments if an agreement in principle had not been reached by two men who have integrity and believe a man’s word is his bond. Now you can get back to your comforting “Coach Speak” discussions until it finally sinks in that a decision was reached and the process is completed.

Okay. If you all aren't worried anymore, then get off our board. Simple as that. Bye bye. The longer you stay the more worried you look.

Everyone is in the arms race Purdue is just late to the party. Only programs that recruit in the top 5 every year has a ceiling that is limitless. Minnesota could say the same time, but I doubt you think their ceiling is limitless. I would agree if Brohm stays, which is looking probable, the ceiling could be higher than the history shows.

Again, Big East football wasn’t bad when we played in it. And stop talking about the Rose Bowl, Purdue has not won one since the 60’s, and regardless of what you dumb Purdue fans think, the Big Ten West is really not that tough, nowhere even remotely close to the other Big Ten division.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, Big East football wasn’t bad when we played in it. And stop talking about the Rose Bowl, Purdue has not played in one since the 60’s, and regardless of what you dumb Purdue fans think, the Big Ten West is really not that tough, nowhere even remotely close to the other Big Ten division.

Here’s a message from all the UofL fans on this board to all of the Purdue fans on this board continuing to run your mouths....Go Away! No one wants you here. You do not possess the ability to come here and play nice. You all continue to run your mouths. Quite honestly, i cant believe more of our moderators dont start banning some of you idiots.
Purdue was in the Rose bowl after the 2000 season.

The west being weaker than the east in the big ten is an advantage to a coach wanting to build a program in a good conference.

Good try

LoL.
Theyre living on our board. Cute.

You have Brohms quote sayin he's happy at WKU.
Now i produce this one and theyre still hanging on.

Jeff Brohm will be Louisville's next coach.
I admire your tenacity but saying it over and over ain’t gonna make it true...

Reactions: OhioBoiler51
For all these Purdue fans who aren't worried it's strange that so many are lurking this board.
If anyone said they weren't worried at one point they were lying. I do think the majority feel better about the situation now but since this is a topic that deals with both programs I don't see why it's so bad for it to be discussed between both programs fans.

Reactions: beardownboiler
Purdue was in the Rose bowl after the 2000 season.

The west being weaker than the east in the big ten is an advantage to a coach wanting to build a program in a good conference.

Good try

Yeah i amended my post to say you all havent won one since the 60’s, so really you need to quit talking about competing for one. Hell, the last time you all played in a rose bowl was 17 years ago. So, just to talk facts, you all have played in two and the big ten has been tied to that game for 60 plus years. Lol, we’ve won the Orange and Sugar since you all have played in one. Again, just stop with the Rose Bowl talk.

It would be nice if you and the other purdue fans would kindly leave this board. If i were a moderator i would have already booted the ones like you who run your mouth.

I swear i wish Jeff would just come out and say he’s staying at Purdue just to make you goons go away.

If anyone said they weren't worried at one point they were lying. I do think the majority feel better about the situation now but since this is a topic that deals with both programs I don't see why it's so bad for it to be discussed between both programs fans.
I think it's funny how some fans say there's no chance but stay on this board to cling to any news they can find and type paragraphs.

ADVERTISEMENT