ADVERTISEMENT

iHeart cancelled Ramsey & Rutherfod.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
This bums me out. Mike was funny and knew his stuff. Ramsey, you know, had his own style. I don't like losing local sports talk radio options.

I’m just glad I moved on from local sports talk radio a couple years ago. Classic rock music puts a smile on my face and I no longer live in so called fans/radio commentators Debbie Downer heads. Peace!

Raul Rogers got fired, too, but he'll remain the voice of the Cardinals. I got to be honest. I had no idea he had a radio show.

Reactions: Deeva
Huge Mike Rutherford fan, really going to miss him, and enjoyed John Ramsey and his outspoken dislike of all things uk. The ride home from work just isn't going to be the same without them. It seems odd to end the show right in the heart of basketball season??

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Huge Mike Rutherford fan, really going to miss him, and enjoyed John Ramsey and his outspoken dislike of all things uk. The ride home from work just isn't going to be the same without them. It seems odd to end the show right in the heart of basketball season??
iHeart is a corporation in a big city. They probably didn’t know who those guys were to be honest. They looked at it from a revenue standpoint, they can put on Doug Gottlieb for no extra money and all the advertising money is a straight profit. Even with less ratings, the production and staff costs will be $0.

They sold out years ago (1986) and over time less and less input comes from local shows. They have the UofL games because they still have the strongest reach for listeners, so we’re stuck with them for a while.

Mike will be back and better than ever no doubt. I don’t know about John. Once TJ was gone, it seemed like he lost his edge and wasn’t the same as he was on 939. And John took a lot of shots at the 939 guys, hard to know if he’d be welcomed back there at the time.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Now the Afternoon Underdogs are back...LOL.

No dignity involved, just keep that Iheart paycheck coming...

Never liked Dave Jennings in this role. I have the same problem with him as I do with Sweeney, they both come off as always explaining things to the audience as if they know and we don’t. Both seem to think they are the smartest guy in any room. Those who think that way usually aren’t.

ADVERTISEMENT